Wing Stand Removal by pgackeman
Started on: 04-24-2018 08:17 PM
Replies: 3 (252 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 04-26-2018 11:17 AM
pgackeman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there a trick to removing the wing stands from the wing?

I've removed two screws from the back of the stand and one screw from inside the stand.

However, the stand is still attached to the wing in the back by where the two screws were removed. I can kinda rotate and lift up the stand, but my 30 y.o. fiberglass doesn't appreciate that.

My problem is the exact opposite of this post: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-115311.html

BTW, '88 GT if it matters.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing underneath the stand is the rubber Well-Nut. It's likely that over the years, the flared head of the Well-Nut has bonded itself to the stand. Definitely do not try to pry or leverage the stand loose. The corners near the screw holes just love to be liberated from the stand.

Protect the area around the stand and spray some penetrant around the edge near the screw holes and into the screw holes. It might take several days to soften and loosen the rubber.

When you're ready to reinstall the stands, you will need to replace those Well-Nuts. Call me and I can give you the numbers or I might be able to find the box full that I have.
pgackeman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks FieroFool. Maybe I can get the Well-Nuts when I pick up the shirts.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, check your email.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock