new northstar fiero member by john austin
Started on: 04-23-2018 07:14 PM
Replies: 27 (1089 views)
Last post by: john austin on 08-08-2018 08:10 PM
john austin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys. Just found and joined the forum. Any northstar fiero owners out there? I've got one that I can't work on anymore and will try to find a new home for it - I figure the best home would be where another currently resides or at the home of a friend that has one. If you have a northstar car, I would love to chat(575-336-7910). thanks,john
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you wish to sell, put pictures, your price, location and contact info in the mall. Hard to tell the value without pictures, mileage on car, engine, accessories, upgrades etc.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the reply. what do you mean post in the mall? where and how would I do this? thanks
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

You originally posted in 'General Fiero Chat'.
We also have a section called 'The Mall' where you can post items to buy and sell.

john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys-now I see the mall. glad it wasn't a snake. I will put some info there later today.
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally posted my northstar fiero on the mall - unfortunately could not figure out how to attach photos - yep you guessed it, I am not a computer genius.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by john austin:

...unfortunately could not figure out how to attach photos - yep you guessed it, I am not a computer genius.

If you're running a Windows PC, use PIP to post images here. Max width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Patrick-tried to follow directions but must have screwed up something. if I did the download right how do access pip?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if I did the download right how do access pip?

John, it's all explained at the link I supplied... and on that page is a link to further instructions.

john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry but I never get to the exe stage-not computer literate
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sorry but I never get to the exe stage-not computer literate

Well... if you've never downloaded and installed an application before, then I suspect posting images here is probably out of the question.

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want to email me the photos I will; size and post them for you this weekend.

Nelson
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the much needed help. To keep it manageable, later today I will email you 4 pics to post. If anyone is interested after seeing the photos, they can email me and I will send as many as needed. Again, thank you much.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2018 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somewhere there's a thread of one that might be sorta in your area, but heck, maybe it was AZ? It was begun but let to sit for years before attempting to reboot the project.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2018 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are John's photos that he sent earlier today. They are also posted in the Mall.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 07-06-2018).]

fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey John,
Welcome to PFF. Being you just joined this forum with the attempt tp sell you Fiero, I wish you luck. Will you still be involved with the Fiero once you sell the car?
Just wondering...… its always good to have new members on here.
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will probably stay with the forum as I also have a fiero based kit car - Porsche 550 spyder with northstar-will always be a fiero fan.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good....and as an "always" Fiero fan, I hope to hear you someday get another stock ( bodied) Fiero to enjoy.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Second set of photos.

Nelson
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW !!!!!!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Fiero. Now please provide the details:
stick or auto?
A/C working?
Mileage on the vehicle, engine mileage?
Changes to interior (upholstery, sound system, etc)
Changes to engine. Any mods or completely stock?
Age of paint?
other modifications (brakes, radiator, full or half trunk etc)
recent replacements parts like the fuel pump, hoses belts etc
This extra info should help you sell.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2018 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few details of the conversion: Exhaust-the two banks are y'd into a single 3 in exhaust-I prefer single exhaust pipes as they yield a higher frequency sound more fitting for a Fiero and the sound is smoother(as opposed to 2 uneven firing 4 cyls). Also the entire exhaust system is ceramic coated by HPC. The drive axles are custom forged units made by Mark Williams. The feature of being rust free is one I am very proud of as I've seen cars from parts of the country where corrosion is a problem, and IMO corrosion is unacceptable in a special car. You can fix anything on a car but corrosion-it will be there and beat you in the end. Not only is the car corrosion free, it has never had to stay out in the elements-has always been garaged and since I've had it never driven in the rain. More later.
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one last note about the exhaust-to fully appreciate a northstar, you need to hear it at higher rpms thru a single 3 in exhaust.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

one last note about the exhaust-to fully appreciate a northstar, you need to hear it at higher rpms thru a single 3 in exhaust.

The most amazing sound I ever heard coming from a Fiero was from a Northstar. I don't know about the exhaust configuration. (It was a Design One install.)
Closest thing I heard, to compare it to, was a vintage V8 Can Am car, at Road Atlanta. Yeah.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi guys. Just found and joined the forum. Any northstar fiero owners out there? I've got one that I can't work on anymore and will try to find a new home for it - I figure the best home would be where another currently resides or at the home of a friend that has one. If you have a northstar car, I would love to chat(575-336-7910). thanks,john

wow, great ride....hoping that the paint job is as good as it looks.....10 k ? I must admit, I'm strongly considering buying this, despite being automatic...and I would simply put my 87' GT 5 SPEED up for sale.....damn....thinking hard......

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Years ago, a local fella had a Northstar powered '88 Fiero GT that he used to autocross. He's posted quite a few videos of it in action. Damn it sounded marvelous.

john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mousemeat, I totally understand your concern about how a paint job appears in photos. Photos do a terrible job of showing true paint condition and can in most cases make a bad paint job look good. I can assure you there will be no disappointment with the paint-it is beautiful and should be as it has not spent a night outside ever. I literally can not find a scratch anywhere on the car and I'm a picky guy. Best thing would be if a third party looked at the car and gave an unbiased opinion. Maybe the Airman from Clovis can swing by for a look.
john austin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2018 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john austinSend a Private Message to john austinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unfortunately my health is such that I need to sell more than just my northstar fiero. I built a special one off Porsche 550 spyder using fiero parts and the northstar. It's not cheap but truly one of a kind. If you have interest email me at johnaustin9@windstream.net and I'll send some pics(I have trouble posting pics here).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock