Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  UNBELIEVABLE experience with West Coast Fiero's (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
UNBELIEVABLE experience with West Coast Fiero's by Erwin03
Started on: 04-23-2018 02:31 PM
Replies: 60 (2706 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 05-07-2018 08:15 PM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Erwin, BTW the Eibachs might drop the car more than 1". I've put them on an '88 and now an "85 and they dropped at least 2" each time, but I did have a 3800 in each of the cars so... your results may vary.
IP: Logged
Erwin03

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iain:
Erwin you have pm, I have parts to convert to rear coilovers you can have for the postage.
Iain

Pm replied, thank you so much!

Originally posted by mptighe:
Erwin, BTW the Eibachs might drop the car more than 1". I've put them on an '88 and now an "85 and they dropped at least 2" each time, but I did have a 3800 in each of the cars so... your results may vary.

A friend of mine has these springs on his GT Fastback.
They do look ok on his however I removed a lot of weight and on my car and my ground clearance has increased by 0.7 inc.
The Eibachs would bring it back around stock and that just wont do.
My car rides with 17 inch wheels and that is why I measured what an ideal height would be. (Front needs1.5 inch and rear needs 2.5)
I am a designer so Astetics are important to me 😉
Iain’s help would go a long way! Then cut the front springs.

Thank you guys for helping and thinking with me.

This is the car (even before the manual conversion it was to high)

[This message has been edited by Erwin03 (edited 04-26-2018).]

Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erwin03

128 posts
Member since Jun 2007
I did have a phone call with my lawyer and he stated that if my adress and email were send unrelated to the site the information was published, there is a possibility to start a lawsuit.
The only thing we need to figure out is hwo that works since I am in the Netherlands.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice looking Fiero.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car with the Eibachs...

By the way, West Coast Fieros has a FB page where you can rate them as a business.. Might want to let others know about what you experienced.

https://www.facebook.com/westcoastfiero/

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 04-26-2018).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depositing a rating for WCF is tempting, but not tempting enough to be assimilated by the Evil Empire known as Facebook. Not in my opinion, anyway.
Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:
By the way, West Coast Fieros has a FB page where you can rate them as a business.. Might want to let others know about what you experienced.
https://www.facebook.com/westcoastfiero/

I have seen them on FB but before rating it is my intention to see what I can do within the law.
I have a good laywer.

That is a nice car, but i don’t have a 3800 in mine so I need it a bit lower.
I measured exactly how much I want of the car and 1.5 inch is for me the magic drop

Iain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IainSend a Private Message to IainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
16 euros, 3+ days delivery.

EU law is quite clear Erwin, nothing you can do against WCF as the US is outside EU jurisdiction. Since the host/server is in Europe Cliff is obliged to remove the post or thread if you ask him. Tread carefully involving lawyers, as EU law holds Cliff/Pennocks liable just for hosting the thread.

Roll on Brexit..
Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iain:
EU law is quite clear Erwin, nothing you can do against WCF as the US is outside EU jurisdiction. Since the host/server is in Europe Cliff is obliged to remove the post or thread if you ask him. Tread carefully involving lawyers, as EU law holds Cliff/Pennocks liable just for hosting the thread.

Roll on Brexit..

If Cliff is able to remove my personal details that would be apreciated..
International law regarding personal details is universal and in this case broken by WCF so Ill let my lawyer look into this.
Ofcourse if this forum would be hurt in anyway ill stop it but I feel horrible about what they do!
The way they treat customers and would be customers should not be tolerated.
I hope at least they will be fined
Can you imagine what would have happened if I did gave them our creditcard details?!

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-28-2018).]

Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam!! I was just looking at their Fiero offerings.. I definitely heard about how long it takes to get stuff from them. Glad I didn’t put in my order for sure. That royally sucks big time.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erwin03:

If Cliff is able to remove my personal details that would be apreciated..
International law regarding personal details is universal and in this case broken by WCF so Ill let my lawyer look into this.
Ofcourse if this forum would be hurt in anyway ill stop it but I feel horrible about what they do!
The way they treat customers and would be customers should not be tolerated.
I hope at least they will be fined
Can you imagine what would have happened if I did gave them our creditcard details?!

Check FastRed's post. It appearts that your details have at least been edited out. Not sure about some of the verbiage, though. Some of it is kind of incomprehensible.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fast Red:

Erwin03 to you and the forum I apologize My beaver it was uncalled for again I apologize. This whole thing was over twenty dollars I"m in barest. I let my emotions get the best of me. To Erwin03 I can't make up the mistake I made. If you want we will send you the rear spring kit free of charge for a small repayment to you.

Both for keeping the record and to say I'm glad you apologized. That's more than many on this forum throughout the years.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar: Check FastRed's post. It appearts that your details have at least been edited out. Not sure about some of the verbiage, though. Some of it is kind of incomprehensible.

Looks like his speech-to-text app was drunk.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-02-2018).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Looks like his speech-to-text app was drunk.

Yeah gonna have to teach that beaver to behave...
Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well an apology is always nice to recieve, I am going to take him up on the offer of the springs.

Curioius if they will follow trough with them.
hobbywrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hobbywrenchSend a Private Message to hobbywrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lost several ignition paks when living in so cal due to heat, but after locating to cooler NW I removed the fan with no problems. Keep using the thermal grease on the heat sink plate.

Springs, I also cut the fronts with great results (GT) and the rears just enough for slight looseness at droop. I saved the front cut off and can give the count if it helps. On other cars I have heated the top dull red in order to re-form them, but would not do that to any active portion of spring as even a quench would probably not restore the original tensile strength and just letting a spring cool is" annealing" which is softening , destroying the "spring" quality.
Erwin03

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Erwin03Click Here to visit Erwin03's HomePageSend a Private Message to Erwin03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hobbywrench:

I lost several ignition paks when living in so cal due to heat, but after locating to cooler NW I removed the fan with no problems. Keep using the thermal grease on the heat sink plate.

Springs, I also cut the fronts with great results (GT) and the rears just enough for slight looseness at droop. I saved the front cut off and can give the count if it helps. On other cars I have heated the top dull red in order to re-form them, but would not do that to any active portion of spring as even a quench would probably not restore the original tensile strength and just letting a spring cool is" annealing" which is softening , destroying the "spring" quality.

I live in the Netherlands, I doubt I will have any issue with this.

Still no reply from WCF regarding their offer of springs.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I originally started on my Fiero i bought some stuff from WCF. They charged me for the stuff and then used my card to make another trip to my account. They stole several thousand dollars but I caught it in time and the bank charged it back. They said it is not unusual for them to do this--without permission because the customer will be buying more in the future so they just made another draw. WCF is known to be crooked as a dogs hind leg. I wanted to bring them up on federal charges of wire fraud but CHASE wasn't interested in working with me on it. I returned most of the stuff I bought from them and thankfully got my money back. WCF is a BAD business and if you buy something from them be aware they are NOT above double dipping or worse.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kgoodyear:

When I originally started on my Fiero i bought some stuff from WCF. They charged me for the stuff and then used my card to make another trip to my account. They stole several thousand dollars but I caught it in time and the bank charged it back. They said it is not unusual for them to do this--without permission because the customer will be buying more in the future so they just made another draw. WCF is known to be crooked as a dogs hind leg. I wanted to bring them up on federal charges of wire fraud but CHASE wasn't interested in working with me on it. I returned most of the stuff I bought from them and thankfully got my money back. WCF is a BAD business and if you buy something from them be aware they are NOT above double dipping or worse.

WTF?!?! Seriously? That's a federal law that was broken, and a felony at that. Chase didn't want to prosecute credit card fraud? Yeah, I already had no intention of ever spending another dime with them, this just made it written in stone.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thinking was Chase got the money (or shall we say intercepted) the second transaction and deducted it from their deposits. I don't know quite how it works. I think it would cost CHASE money and in the end they had recovered all (my) money. They probably didn't want to spend what it would cost to prosecute.

I can't believe they are still in business and that people take their cars there. I think they would just suck every dime they could and they would have your car. I was never so glad to be away from that situation.

In the end I guess I am not surprised to hear other stories.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay