Loose Connector Help by WAZP
Started on: 04-20-2018 09:50 PM
Replies: 7 (211 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-22-2018 09:31 PM
WAZP

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAZPClick Here to visit WAZP's HomePageSend a Private Message to WAZPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I bought my first Fiero about 3 weeks ago. '88 GT Red, mint condition, pulled from storage.
I am working to get the temperature gauge working again.
I have a connector near the oil filter that doesn't seem to have a home. Does anyone know what this connector is for?

WAZP

[This message has been edited by WAZP (edited 04-21-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! That goes to the fan switch on the compressor, behind that aluminum muffler on the ac hose assembly, in the back of the compressor. Not the red one, the OTHER one.

There's a diagram here that shows where the gauge switch is

https://www.fierostore.com/Tech/Default.aspx?Id=99

The one for the gauge is at the other end
WAZP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WAZPClick Here to visit WAZP's HomePageSend a Private Message to WAZPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks RWDPLZ that is some good information.
Is the the connection you are referring to?

The connector pin has a outside diameter of .25 and the connection has an inside diameter of .215. Thus it will not fit.

Just installed a new logo in place of the Holly logo. Love it!

Oh! Replaced the plastic lug caps with some aluminum caps with an attitude.

[This message has been edited by WAZP (edited 04-21-2018).]

WAZP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WAZPClick Here to visit WAZP's HomePageSend a Private Message to WAZPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WAZP

4 posts
Member since Mar 2018
I seem to have found the temperature gauge problem.
NO THERMOSTAT!!!!
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see in the back of the compressor there is a hole that has a plug and a circlip. That is where I believe the AC pressure switch should be. It’s not there, so, maybe someone replaces the compressor and did not put the switch on the new compressor. Now it has no where to go. Or at least it looks that way to me.
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeap, looks like someone put a new compressor on it and didn't finish the job.

Compressor needs two switches (there's a great writeup on the forum somewhere) in those two holes that have covers installed form the factory (above and below what you circled).

If you buy the right switches, they come with new pigtails. You have to splice the new pigtails to the existing Fiero wiring (since they don't make the "old style" anymore).

I just did this with my car, not too difficult, though I did have the engine off the car.

Here's a good thread on it AC Compressor switches

[This message has been edited by 06GTO (edited 04-22-2018).]

WAZP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAZPClick Here to visit WAZP's HomePageSend a Private Message to WAZPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it now!
Thanks 06GTO, the link filled in all the missing information.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WAZP:

I have a connector near the oil filter that doesn't seem to have a home. Does anyone know what this connector is for?

It pushes onto the fan switch located near the base of the thermostat housing.

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

That goes to the fan switch on the compressor, behind that aluminum muffler on the ac hose assembly, in the back of the compressor. Not the red one, the OTHER one.

The diagram you posted a link to showing the location of the fan switch on the engine was fine... but I'm sorry, I have no idea what you were trying to say to the OP there!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-22-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock