My post winter therapy..... by railshot
Started on: 04-19-2018 09:14 PM
Replies: 13 (533 views)
Last post by: trivet on 04-29-2018 07:43 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So it is 44 degrees out, and we just got over a "late" winter storm yesterday / last night, and most of the snow is now melted.
I have been waiting for this day for far too long!

Went to the garage, fired up the '88 GT just to keep it limber as I had not driven it in over one month (only rare nice days here will allow that).... there was a bit of a snow pile behind it, but decided, "hey, you used to drive one of these all year long" and pulled out over the 4" snow bank, with no issues (thinking back, these things were actually great in the snow when I had them new and it was my only ride), to get it out of the garage.... yeah, I did not clean the drive as the weather said it would be all gone by Saturday weather wise..... lol.

While standing back and watching it idle I made a decision!
Time for a drive!

It felt so good to be in the drivers seat again, taking the nice twisty corners we have here on our back roads, (marked 25 mph @ 50 mph), and I just loving being back in the mood to "Feel the excitement"!

I sometimes forget how great a Fiero is on the twisty windy roads.
Exactly why I love them.

The weather forecast says that starting next Monday, I can drive it every day if I wish, and man, I do wish!

Many of you do not have to deal with 6 to 7 months of isolation like we do here, so this is special to all us Northeners.
Just thought I would post my "excitement" at finally being able to drive my GT again and enjoy it.

So, as soon as you can fellow Northerner, get out and drive your Fiero!

------------------
There's one in every crowd, and usually it's me.
1988 Solid roof GT!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is taken off the insurance in the winter, so even on nice days I cannot drive it. Luckily it's back on now and I can start driving it again. It just snowed this week though, and I don't mind driving it in the snow, it's just the salt I'm worried about.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took mine out yesterday too
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting my GT out and washed when I get out of work

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 04-20-2018).]

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a spring snowfall on Monday, but the following days melted it.
Roads are clear, so I had the GT out for the first time on Thursday.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do know how all of you feel for sure!

It is pretty sad to watch "your baby" just sit there unused and lonely.
Heck, without a heated garage we can't even do much of anything for, or to them.

If I had my way, it would get really nice out weather wise every 3 weeks, just long enough to melt all the snow, and be able to take a cruise.... I could live with that.

That being said, good weather is ahead, so enjoy them while we can for the next few months!

PS: I am retiring on June 8th, so this summer is going to be devoted to the GT and enjoying the crap out of it.
Badlands .....maybe?, but at least a few major local tours to get some legs under it again.
I can just tell it wants to go "somewhere"....... heheheh

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 04-20-2018).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

..good weather is ahead, so enjoy them while we can for the next few months!

PS: I am retiring on June 8th, so this summer is going to be devoted to the GT and enjoying the crap out of it.
Badlands .....maybe?, but at least a few major local tours to get some legs under it again.
I can just tell it wants to go "somewhere"....... heheheh

Its telling you it wants to go to
the Dells Run,
www.backtothe80smn.com
www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com
www.Fiero35th.com
Heartland Iowa Fiero show
Fierorama.....

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-23-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had my Formula on the road this weekend.......😀😁🤣
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Washed my GT Friday evening (months of dust from storage), busy with work and family on Saturday.

Planned on Sunday polish/wax and driving to Frankenmuth 80's fest - woke up to a flooded basement Spent the entire day mopping/cleaning/swearing......

So she is still sitting in the garage (sigh)

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Washed my GT Friday evening (months of dust from storage), busy with work and family on Saturday.

Planned on Sunday polish/wax and driving to Frankenmuth 80's fest - woke up to a flooded basement Spent the entire day mopping/cleaning/swearing......

So she is still sitting in the garage (sigh)

Yup, springtime can be oh so full of fun stuff eh?

Another very nice day yesterday, so I took the opportunity to go for a cruise again on Sunday.
It really does feel good to be behind the wheel again, and I am getting so close to driving it at least once per week to work and back.
60 mile round trip, and to be honest, when I do drive it to work, it is nothing but smiles both ways.

Only 31 more "working days" until I retire full time, so that would seem like a good shake down for my future trips this summer!

This year, come heck or high water, I am going to make the Dells!
I started thinking back and remember somewhere back in the '90's actually making it there in my '87 GT... sheesh, it has been way too long.
Or.... my memory is really bad which is very possible..... heheheh.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 04-23-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another fine weekend for Fiero crusing!

Just wanted to post this as a mile marker.

85,763 miles after my drive today.
LOL, Ihave been off by 1,000 miles in my thinking.
I thought it was in the 86,000 miles range.

Notice the bush in the background?
We have greenery starting to bud!

Tomorrow will be the first day I have driven it to work since mid October!
Very much looking forward to it.
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally able top get my GT waxed and on the road for the first time this year. Spent an hour and a half just enjoying the drive Took a couple of quick pics.....

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Finally able top get my GT waxed and on the road for the first time this year. Spent an hour and a half just enjoying the drive Took a couple of quick pics.....

It sure does feel great taking that first ride in such a long time doesn't it!

Beautiful GT by the way, some day mine may look as good as yours.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It sure does feel great taking that first ride in such a long time doesn't it!

You are SO right! I finally was able to get her waxed and ready for the nice weather, had to take a quick trip to get air in the tires..........1 1/2 hours later, my wife called to ask what was taking so long.

Beautiful GT by the way, some day mine may look as good as yours.

Thanks, I've been working on it for quite few years. All done but the engine swap. Was hoping to do that this spring, but maybe next year. (who am I kidding, I'll never be "done")

Yours looks great! LOVE the gold wheels on Med Red Metallic paint

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock