Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Like a bad case of herpes...... I keep coming back! Just bought one..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Like a bad case of herpes...... I keep coming back! Just bought one.. by cam-a-lot
Started on: 03-27-2018 11:29 PM
Replies: 5 (364 views)
Last post by: FieroLost on 03-31-2018 08:03 PM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2018 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello folks

I have been Fiero-less for a couple of years, as I got fed up with the issues on the swap on the previous car, so I sold it. But I never lost the bug...and lurked here on occasion. The nicest 3800 swap that I have seen in person was Duane (RULOOKIN) and I knew his car has been sitting in storage collecting dust for a few years, and often thought of grabbing it.

Well, finally I decided to pull out my wallet and buy it at what i consider a reasonable price, around $10k USD. Put some fresh gas in, charged the battery, and she fired right up. I am hoping I have a much more enjoyable experience owning this car than the last one- and am glad this forum is still around to offer some tips. I will be sure to buy Cliff a beer to help out.

Here is the car in case anyone is interested https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0323-1-079530-9.html

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 03-27-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weclome back to the Fiero world.
FieroLost

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2018 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked into buying that car 3 years ago, amazingly well done. Everything was done to perfection, probably the best swapped 3800SC out there for reliability and looks. The price was steep but worth it if you have the money. I bought the next best 3800SC available at the time for a couple thousand less. Love mine, and would have loved to have Duane's, but couldn't justify the extra bucks when I was only going to use it for carshows. Congrats on the buy, and glad it remains in Canada, as I'd like to see it once again.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2018 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, FieroLost. It is the best swap that I have seen personally, and since I don't have the skills myself to fix up a bad swap, I learned my lesson and decided to buy a well done car and try to keep it going, as opposed to buying one that has to be ripped apart because the swap was sloppy or half-assed.

I will likely have a summertime Fiero BBQ or pig roast in my backyard this summer like I used to have, so check the Toronto forum for details- all are welcome.

I was very close to buying a 2015 Jag F type S convertible last month that a customer of mine was selling. Car was amazing, but there was this voice in the back of my head whispering that even though it is an amazing car, it is not a hobby or a passion: Anyone with money or even just decent credit can buy a newer sports car or luxury car. I thought back to the days of Fiero ownerhip (both the frustrations and the joys..... the thrill of treasure hunting for spare parts..... and once in a while seeing one on the road and sharing a comraderie... I wasn't convinced I would get the same joy out of the Jag, so I decided to try one more try with a Fiero. This is my 27th Fiero since 1991... hopefully my last

So I did some investigating as to the fate of Duane's car, tracked it down, and she was mine 2 days later! I plan to get the dew wipes replaced (if I can find a pair) and get the AC running- but beyond that, car is ready to be enjoyed.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 03-29-2018).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

...I wasn't convinced I would get the same joy out of the Jag, so I decided to try one more try with a Fiero. This is my 27th Fiero since 1991...

Wow! I've only bought 2 in the same amount of years.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock