Factory 2.8 Intake for a carb? by napaguy63
Started on: 02-25-2018 12:07 AM
Replies: 7 (419 views)
Last post by: Shho13 on 02-26-2018 03:43 PM
napaguy63

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for napaguy63Send a Private Message to napaguy63Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 GT,2.8,barn find,everything needs replaced.Just wondered if GM made a 2v or 4v intake that will fit a fiero 2.8? I priced the injectors,sensors,etc and came up with a figure somewhere north of 600$ Would be easier to find a intake,carb and dist if it exists,or maybe convert to SBC..(I dont have 450$ for a Edelbrock unit)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early El Caminos, Camaros and Citations had 2 bbl carbs on a 2.8.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by napaguy63:
,everything needs replaced.

Welcome to the Forum! How did you decide everything needed replacing? Did your mechanic tell you that?

Edit: Did Napa tell you that??

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-25-2018).]

napaguy63

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for napaguy63Send a Private Message to napaguy63Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one told me that everything needs replaced,I am my own mechanic..This car has been setting outside for 7 years,wiring is burnt,parts are missing,thats how I bought it.It seems to me it would be way cheaper to put a factory intake and carb on it
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one told me that everything needs replaced,I am my own mechanic..This car has been setting outside for 7 years,wiring is burnt,parts are missing,thats how I bought it.It seems to me it would be way cheaper to put a factory intake and carb on it

Ouch. Well, it has been done. Check out the SEARCH feature and there should be information from the Archives. I think there was a also a Jeep 2.8 that was a carb setup.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This car has been setting outside for 7 years,wiring is burnt,parts are missing,thats how I bought it.It seems to me it would be way cheaper to put a factory intake and carb on it...

...or find a scrap 2.8 Fiero with a blown up/worn out engine that you can pull the wiring and electronics from.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2018 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

...or find a scrap 2.8 Fiero with a blown up/worn out engine that you can pull the wiring and electronics from.

Yep, this makes much more sense.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2018 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 2.8 carb Fiero!? Make the 2.8 even worse than it already is!? You should put up an ad in the mall - see if someone is done with a swap and has the parts you need.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave