3.8 SC Exhaust by timenewton
Started on: 02-13-2018 09:58 AM
Replies: 4 (636 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 02-14-2018 08:41 PM
timenewton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2018 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So i've got a nice exhaust system under the fiero, cut trunk, blah blah blah its flowmaster. I want something louder and mean and of course not legal when revving because of sound. I was thinking of cherry bomb extreme one in to 2 out. Any recommendations on the diameter. Ive read that 2.5 inch can provide enough flow for up to 400hp which im not even close. But the smaller the pipe the better for top end and the larger the better for low end. The idea is to go from exhaust manifold to the cherry bomb and out, no resonator or such. Looking for some advice before I waist the money. Also I might list the current exhaust for sale once I get the other.

P.S. If I were rich i'd have a car that shakes building windows loose thats the sound I want .

[This message has been edited by timenewton (edited 02-13-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll get that loud with the extreme.

Someone did it:

*warning, F word twice

The smoke is likely the paint burning off, or unless he has another issue.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-13-2018).]

timenewton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2018 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timenewtonSend a Private Message to timenewtonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that, I would not just be letting the muffler resonate fumes all up in the engine bay though, i'd be going out to tail pipes might sound alittle different I was just wondering if someone knew about back pressure. Would that be enough back pressure and such.... beyond my knowledge.

Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't need back pressure with a 3800. you never need or want it on a forced induction engine.
anyway and the few motors that actually benefit from back pressure usually come with small intake and exhaust manifolds and no better options for them.

From what i remember being told by my ancient mechanic:
The enlarging of the exhaust on those small old engines tends to create turbulence in the exhaust and slow the flow
depriving the engine of high rpm horsepower and some torque.

now days with ecms and such let it flow as fast as you can.

[This message has been edited by Strappado (edited 02-14-2018).]

mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very informative video about back pressure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjPeP_Nn2B4

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock