which rear coil overs are best? by Raymac85
Started on: 02-07-2018 09:22 PM
Replies: 5 (356 views)
Last post by: 2EXTREME on 02-11-2018 09:03 PM
Raymac85

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Raymac85Send a Private Message to Raymac85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im planing on buying rear coil overs for my 86 GT and I was wondering if I should go with Ground controls or west coast Fiero. if anybody has some good info please share. Thanks!

------------------
85 SE v6
86 GT 4.5l v8

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2018 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Build your own Coilovers
Cavvy09

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2018 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good suggestion from Spadesluck. It is not hard at all and can do it for half the price.
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2018 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cavvy09:

Good suggestion from Spadesluck. It is not hard at all and can do it for half the price.

Agree with these guys. Super easy to do. I had never done anything like this before and was able to knock it out in a couple hours. After doing the first set I could do it in a half hour now. Much cheaper and gives you options when putting together as well.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I think the DIY coilovers are the best. You get to choose whatever spring rate you want, the length of the springs, and the length of the sleeves. Plus you can build them on whichever struts you choose. And coilover hardware also comes in different colors, if that's important to you.

Coilover hardware is pretty easy to find, so that shouldn't be an issue. You can find it on eBay, Amazon, and many automotive performance vendors (Jegs, Summit Racing, etc).

The downside to DIY is that you'll need to select all the parts (and make sure they're all going to fit) yourself. But there are several threads here on PFF to help with that. And you can always ask. Aside from that, the only 'hard' part is cutting the spring perches off the struts. And that's not really hard. You just need a cutting tool, and some free time.
2EXTREME

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2018 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2EXTREMEClick Here to visit 2EXTREME's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2EXTREMEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your wondering what shocks would be best to use for coilovers in the rear.. I would say Koni as they are adjustable rebound which is important and they have the adjust knob on the top so easy access...and as far as spring rates go...for a stock 2.8 engine 300lbs is a bit soft but good for daily driver and 350lbs is perfect for performance even with a 3800 engines weight. If you have a v8 I would go with 375lbs to 400lbs.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock