engine paint by jetfighterv
Started on: 01-26-2018 11:31 AM
Replies: 6 (241 views)
Last post by: jetfighterv on 01-27-2018 04:13 PM
jetfighterv

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2018 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what do people use to paint their engines im gonna paint my fiero candy apple red and want my 3800sc valve covers and supercharger the same color how can I do that
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you looked into powder coating?
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2018 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Have you looked into powder coating?

no i havent
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used brake caliper paint with good luck.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2018 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

I have used brake caliper paint with good luck.

Okay never thought of that
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking REAL Candy Apple or just brite red. Real candy is transparent and has to be applied over a white, gold or silver base, then cleared. I wouldnt recommend that on an engine. If your just talking a nice red, I paint engines for a lot of cars to match the body. I just use regular basecoat/clearcoat auto paint. Holds up just fine. All of them, including Hi-Temp will burn a little near exhaust ports. I never bother with Hi-Temp engine paint. Same with brake calipers. You can even just use plain old Rustoleum or Krylon spray can on calipers. Lasted over 4 years on the Ferrari kit and both Corvettes.
jetfighterv

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2018 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetfightervSend a Private Message to jetfightervEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Are you talking REAL Candy Apple or just brite red. Real candy is transparent and has to be applied over a white, gold or silver base, then cleared. I wouldnt recommend that on an engine. If your just talking a nice red, I paint engines for a lot of cars to match the body. I just use regular basecoat/clearcoat auto paint. Holds up just fine. All of them, including Hi-Temp will burn a little near exhaust ports. I never bother with Hi-Temp engine paint. Same with brake calipers. You can even just use plain old Rustoleum or Krylon spray can on calipers. Lasted over 4 years on the Ferrari kit and both Corvettes.

Oh okay thanks for that

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock