Started on: 01-24-2018 11:20 PM
Replies: 12 (584 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 01-26-2018 07:46 PM
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine sent me this link.

https://eastidaho.craigslis...-car/6437568315.html

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PARAD0X

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
World’s fastest at 300 hp? Yeah....I’m thinking not many people knew it that way.
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At one time it may have been known that way. That car, in its green color, was on the cover of FOCOA magazine with a write-up inside on it.

Gary
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car has come up here before. I beleive its been for sale for a while now.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HP numbers always dont equate to speed. Lots of motorcycles go faster than 200 mph with less than 150 hp. Dodge Neon SRT 4 cyl with 215 hp was good for 150+mph. My 400hp Superbee didnt break 120.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What counts as a Fiero? Fastest in what way?

http://www.kearneyhub.com/s...d5-1049f883308b.html
Eclipsing the mark of 254 mph set in 2004, Guljas set a new record with a 263-mph run which, he said, could have been much higher with more favorable conditions.

-
and...

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A "Real Fiero" to my mind, means basically stock space-frame and basically stock suspension/wheelbase.......It's nice to think of the Fiero GTU cars that won in IMSA as "true Fieros" but they were only a bit closer to real- or stock- than the newer NASCAR "Stock" cars.....Those all have exactly the same space frame, all use Ford 9" rear axles, etc...Then they put a Fusion/Camry/Impala "body" on them and an engine from which-ever company. The only thing that makes the GTU Fieros closer to real/stock is that they had the engine/trany/drive wheels were in their stock locations.....Everything else was "Race-car" stuff......

Someone on here was building a Fiero with an LSX engine pumped way up....His back was going out so he was looking to sell it, but had run a sub-10 second 1/4......I suspect with proper tires/gearing he would easily be able to exceed 200 mph......

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GM Porsche eater turbo Fiero?
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The GM Porsche eater turbo Fiero?

By far one of my favorite fieros out there. I saw it at fierorama years ago and I fell in love.

PARAD0X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PARAD0XSend a Private Message to PARAD0XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

HP numbers always dont equate to speed. Lots of motorcycles go faster than 200 mph with less than 150 hp. Dodge Neon SRT 4 cyl with 215 hp was good for 150+mph. My 400hp Superbee didnt break 120.

Those 200+ mph motorcycles with less than 150 hp also weigh about 400 lbs. The power to weight ratio is a lot different on a bike. That 300 hp Fiero weighs a lot more than 800 lbs, (3-4x more) making the power to weight ratio nowhere near a 200 mph capable bike. Sure there’s more to it but there’s no way a 300 hp car is faster than the same car with more than double the power without some major accommodations of some sort. I’m just saying there are Fieros that have a lot more power than this one and I seriously doubt this car would outrun them.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PARAD0X:

Those 200+ mph motorcycles with less than 150 hp also weigh about 400 lbs. The power to weight ratio is a lot different on a bike. That 300 hp Fiero weighs a lot more than 800 lbs, (3-4x more) making the power to weight ratio nowhere near a 200 mph capable bike. Sure there’s more to it but there’s no way a 300 hp car is faster than the same car with more than double the power without some major accommodations of some sort. I’m just saying there are Fieros that have a lot more power than this one and I seriously doubt this car would outrun them.

Well then someone better buy this car and test it out 😜 But on a serious note, the title is probably dated, but very well could have held that record at one time. This is more of a history car from what I take it.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PARAD0X:

I took his post as 300hp could not do 200mph. Nothing was said about weight to power. Comparable is a mid 70s Lotus Esprit. 160hp, 4 cyl did 175+

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aerodynamics has more to do with top speed than weight......And the Fiero is very hard to get good aero numbers on......That vertical rear window just kills the aerodynamics of the Fiero. There is a fastback body kit that would help, but you have to make sure you are getting proper air flow thru the engine compartment......

Take a pickup and try to hit 150....You're gonna need a butt-load of power no matter how much you lighten it.......Take an old MGB, add a 400 hp cast iron big block, 9" ford rear end, etc...But take off the windshield and you can probably get it up to 200....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock