L67/F23 HTOB Spacer by Pointiac
Started on: 01-18-2018 09:33 AM
Replies: 2 (168 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 01-18-2018 01:12 PM
Pointiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2018 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PointiacSend a Private Message to PointiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

I've been told from a few sources that SPEC has HTOB spacers of various sizes for the L67/F23 swap. I called them there, and the guy had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I measured my setup, and it looks like I need a 3/8" HTOB spacer. Does anybody have a part number from them or another source I could buy from? Is the spacer for the F40 the same as the spacer for the F23?

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that it will happen to everybody, but I had a similar experience with them. I called back a couple more times until I reached a tech that new what i wanted. He was real nice until I told him it was for a fiero, then he huffed then things got overly complicated. I hung up. The jerk actually called me back to over explain his rudeness and I just hung up again. I ended up making a spacer out of an old htob, but I've read that some simply space out the flywheel. Don't know which approach is better. All I know is spec won't get my money. I don't think they want it anyway.
The f40 htob is apparently different, or so I've been told by the people that make it (hzzp? The people that make the power logs. I can't remember and I'm out at work. ) it looks close enough to work, but I'm not brave enough to try.
Hope this helps.
Ron
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2018 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask for Danny Smith at Spec he should be familiar with them.

Spec started making these spacers when they poorly designed their 3800sc/F40 flywheel amd cutch kit. Since then they started offering them in 1/8" increments.

The "bearing" (not the whole htob assy) on the F23 and F40 is the same so the spacers are universal for the F23 and F40. The spacer you are looking for goes between the throwout bearing and the release fingers on the pressure plate. It looks like a small donut, but is hollow on the backside to slide over the throwout bearing face.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-18-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock