What’s your car worth in 2018???! by jjd2296
Started on: 01-02-2018 07:19 PM
Replies: 22 (992 views)
Last post by: jjd2296 on 02-04-2018 02:47 PM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest hagarty evaluations as posted on the Michigan fiero club site. These prices are based on factory equipped cars, no swapped engines.

http://michiganfieroclub.co...Pricing_SEP_2017.pdf

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
alcazar88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing, very interesting.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are 2 current examples of an 87 and 88 fully customized with convertible tops that were sold by lothar to a st. Catherine’s dealer then wholesales to 2 other car dealers this year. No they don’t have as low miles on the chassi but are fairly mint non the less. The 87 http://www.autotrader.ca/a/..._10_8&srt=3&showVs=1 Hasn’t sold and was recently dropped to $8888 cad which is 7k usd and the 88 http://www.autotrader.ca/a/..._10_8&srt=3&showVs=1 is still priced at 12500 cad which is 9900 usd. They have both been for sale at dealerships for the last 6 months! Great deal for a south of the boarder forum member even with import charges. Remember from a retail perspective low miles on an engine swapped car fully customized really means nothing when compared to another fully customized similar car if both are rust free and done right.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Asking price is only relative to what one believes it is worth. The Fiero will never be a dream collector car. Pristine examples are out there.

Just be a good care taker of anything you own. It's value will be found.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good comment! So true. Anyone have other recent examples of actual sale prices for factory or swapped engine cars? I know of the most recent 88 get example from auction that sold for 19k with only 500miles on it. Purchaser has it up for sale for 29k right after he bought it. That’s a little crazy.
yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love your post +1. I think the Michigan Fiero Club did a great job putting together their price guide. From what many owners have told me 2017 was a "soft" year. What is not in this guide is the 1986.5 model year which has the 5 speed. I would expect they will be worth slightly more than the early 1986's with the 4 speed.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2018 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was pleased to see the car sell at $19,000. I think that is an absolutely correct price at this time for a pristine 500 mile car from that era. Of course I would want it to be worth more according to my vehicular preferances, but $29,000 is stretching it a lot. JMHO.

There are many other vehicles that are worth more due to market, rarity, availability, etc. And of course we have the Reliant K as our automotive low on desire.

I want to explain my "the Fiero will never be a dream collector car" post. I am not meaning it does not have intrinsic value in the automotive world. Not by a long shot. Just that it is not a GT350 or the such. I know most of you will catch my drift here.

Enjoy your day.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Banned already? Why?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

Banned already? Why?

Because he acted like a ****

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-05-2018).]

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Banned? I did a search by username and unless I'm looking at it wrong, this is the only thread he/she has posted to in the last 3 weeks. What gets you banned?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

What gets you banned?

Too many negative ratings in a short period of time gets you banned. Once banned, Cliff can step in and give 1 positive rating to the member. If the one positive rating is enough to tip the rating scales, the member is unbanned and their account is active again. As you see, I guess he wasn't a big enough **** to stay banned By the way, The **** comment is just a humor post....I have no idea why he was banned and then unbanned.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-05-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it was a joke no worries. I had no ratings so if a couple people decided to gang up on one
Person they can easily be banned. It can also be done by one person with multiple accounts.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 01-05-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked over the Hagerty prices. I think they overated practically every variation. Unless your specifically a Fiero fan/fanatic, none of those prices are realistic. The best anyone can price an old car is just what you can really get. Like stated, Fieros are not an in demand collector car. What you think its worth or what someones asking is not a value price. Not to demean anyones car, but I have never seen a stock car ever worth over maybe around $5000-$6000 tops...I dont care if its got 20 miles. Anyone can find a running and driving one for less than $1000. Everyone on here is going to do some degree of restoration or modifications. I cant see someone spending $7000 for a car, modifying it with another $4000 to get a car thats worth $8000 except just out of love. As a past collector of many kinds of cars I do get it. I spent almost $20,000 building an 86 GT with a V8. Everything nearly bumper to bumper was new except the frame and body panels. It ran fine. I was stupid. I sold it with less than 4000 miles for a great $5000...for a loss of $15,000. Not many others have the luxury of loosing that much.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would agree with you the actual sale prices are not reflective of Haggarty’s evaluation. That said I’m fine with there evaluations as that ends up being the replacement value of your car. Meaning they cut you a cheque for that amount if you fall in the applicable category at the time you obtain the insurance.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jjd2296

1411 posts
Member since Jan 2016
Forgot to add that the hagarty prices are based on fully loaded manual units. Deduct 1k for auto unit and probably 500 for each option your missing.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is worth part the value if the desirable aftermarket extras otherwise everyone wants it for coins.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With any collectible car insurance, if you choose AGREED VALUE, you name your own price...and if both parties agree...thats what your replacement check will be. The company will agree to anything within reason. My Ferrari kit was covered for $30,000 on an 86 Fiero SE. Pretty sure with those Hagerty prices, they are showing what they believe might be reasonable values for them. Your not going to get covered for $8000 for a driver worth $1500, as you are also not going to get $90,000 for a mint one.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it be correct to say that the going value for a low miles show condition fastback swap is between 10-15k?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be.acceptable to say that if both parties agree on a price, then that is the value of the automobile.
Many variables at play when buying an older car, even one that is as you describe.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for actual market sale prices rather than asking prices, but thanks.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prices vary a lot based on region.
Are you looking locally, or casting a larger net?
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2018 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m not looking just evaluating current market prices. This is an ongoing discussion. Not interested in asking Price only sold prices!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock