New Member by F50MOD
Started on: 12-30-2017 04:56 PM
Replies: 15 (557 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 01-05-2018 12:38 PM
F50MOD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just joined the Forum. Have a couple of modified Fieros. The 88 F50 was already done before I got it, just making some changes that suite my taste. Same with the white 87. This site has been very helpful to get the 88 running. Will add pics when I have time to figure the right way to use Imgur.

[This message has been edited by F50MOD (edited 12-30-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. Myself and my wife spent an enjoyable couple days in NC this summer on our vacation road trip, where we stumbled into meeting one of my heroes, Richard Petty at his museum in Randleman.
Images are always core to our forum activities, and the PIP utility works well, if you have a windows computer. The red and blue tile at the bottom of this page will link you to it. Look forward to seeing images and more info on your Fieros.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (DD)

[This message has been edited by CJB118 (edited 12-30-2017).]

F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, here are some pics.

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.

You have some nice rides.

What can you tell us about your F50 ?. What kit, engine, etc.

F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F50 was bought already built. It has the stock v6 with an auto. The windshield and windshield frame is from a 1989 Toyota Celica GT-S convertible. The Fiero frame was stretched to around 104.5",(real F50 101.6") the stretch was done on the cradle and on the kit body. Not sure who made the kit body or who did the work. It has a dash from the 1989 Toyota Celica GT-S but has the gauges are installed on a diamond plate. As all kits, it needs stuff, and i will and things or replace things base on my taste. Its not an F50 clone, interior/exterior is different. There is no top or side windows, it is just a roadster. I located and bought a 1989 Toyota Celica GT-S convertible top and all the molding and was planning to make a soft top like the F50 emergency soft top. I can post more pics of how it looked when I bought it and what it looks like now with the changes I have made if people want to see. I have had it since 2015 but not been able to spend much time on it.

kendell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the gang! They are both great looking, nice job!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and thanks for sharing the pics. Nice cars!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F50MOD:

I can post more pics of how it looked when I bought it and what it looks like now with the changes I have made if people want to see.

For sure, post some more pictures. I don't recall seeing anything quite like this ever posted here before.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah more pics of the f50 that looks good!

shem
F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, here are some pics of what it looked like when I bought it.

F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F50MOD

52 posts
Member since Dec 2017
A few more.

PFF
System Bot
F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F50MOD

52 posts
Member since Dec 2017
Made some changes, new steering wheel with Ferrari horn button, had a shift gate made to fit the shaft of the auto, got the Rodney Dickman Manual Look Automatic Shifter Arm.

New seats, found a wiper arm that may work but still have to mount it and a motor, just stuck it on for mock up.

F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F50MOD

52 posts
Member since Dec 2017
There was no trim or gaskets on the convertible frame.

Found correct trim and gaskets along with the front windshield visors and rear view mirror.

F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F50MOD

52 posts
Member since Dec 2017
Did plastic dip blackout of tail light area and engine cover, along with some various junk yard engine covers to give it a more of a exotic car look. Still need to black out the windshield frame.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F50MOD:

Still need to black out the windshield frame.

Yes, good idea. That would look much nicer IMO than the red.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, i like the dipped back panel that looks killer

shem

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock