Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieros at Sacramento (Folsom) Cars and Coffee Saturday Jan 6th.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieros at Sacramento (Folsom) Cars and Coffee Saturday Jan 6th. by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 12-15-2017 08:59 PM
Replies: 14 (840 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 01-08-2018 02:39 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Friends. As perhaps a way to begin forming a Sacramento area Fiero club, or even just a casual association of friends/owners, some friends and I are coordinating an informal gathering at the Cars and Coffee event on Jan 6th in Folsom, CA. The event begins at 7 am and ends at 9 am. I brought my 87 GT there several months ago and was surprised at the number of cars that showed up for this weekly event. Planning on bringing my 88 GT this time around. This could be a fun way to get to know one another while checking out some interesting cars and showing our own. During or afterwards we might discuss ideas for periodic meetings and get some input for group cruises and trips to interesting destinations.

At this early date I have commitments for at least four owners / cars attending so I am hoping we can create a fun Fiero presence at the event. If you are anywhere in the area I hope you will consider attending. Below is a link with the address for the event. Although you are free to just show up I hope you will let me know by PM if you plan to join us.

http://carsandcoffeefolsom.com/

Thanks for reading. Hope to hear from you and see you there!

------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist...
" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron, I am hoping to make it.......Will know more after my Brake surgery......
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekly CarsNCoffee??
I have never heard of a weekly one. I go to the one in Danville the first Sunday of the month. Ironically, out of the usual 500-600 cars that go, only Marty and I are the only Fiero people.
Kit

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2017 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool

Hey if you are on facebook make sure and share here too the group titled "Fiero" they have 6700 members from all over.

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was the first Fiero there! But only by a few minutes.....There were actually only 3 other cars there when I arrived at 7:05.....But it was a good gathering of cars (And Fieros)....4 Fieros showed up....and an owner (kevin) who's Fiero is still on the table being operated on.....

Other cars in attendance; Several new Camaros, Mustangs, Vettes and Challengers, plus several older cars including a '62 Vette, a 66-7 GTO, a couple of hot rods, a 56 chevy that was very impressive, and then several British sports cars MGB, TR6, Lotus-7, Jenson-Healey(Haven't seen one in decades) and also several NSXs, GT-Rs, S2000s a couple of Z-cars, etc......Probably over 100 cars (I suspect that most of the expensive cars did not show up because of rain and....It was COLD after the storm passed thru last night!

The best part of it was towards the end, when a Ferrari California- bright red- showed up (Winning "Most expensive car" by a long shot) but was followed by a strange little blue car....So small, it looked like it would fit in my Fiero's trunk.......Once they both parked (In different spots), EVERYONE swarmed the little (Gull-wing) car and ignored the Ferrari!

The car was a Autozam AZ-1...It has a turbo 657 cc engine, and length and width of 130" and 55"....That is tiny! It was built by Suzuki, but sold by Mazda, and was only right-hand drive......Maybe Ron will post a pic or two of it here.......
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shame i had to work just down the street too...
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

shame i had to work just down the street too...

I wish we had known you were so close today. You might have joined us for brunch at the Sutter Street Grill. Next time we'll schedule on a different weekend so you can attend.

David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:
It was COLD after the storm passed thru last night!

I guess cold is relative... we're looking forward to that kind of cold! Lol!

Currently: (They're reluctant to go out there...)

Lots of great pics on the website.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now see.....That's what happens when you keep a pair of Fieros cooped up during the winter- They multiply!
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

The best part of it was towards the end, when a Ferrari California- bright red- showed up (Winning "Most expensive car" by a long shot) but was followed by a strange little blue car....So small, it looked like it would fit in my Fiero's trunk.......Once they both parked (In different spots), EVERYONE swarmed the little (Gull-wing) car and ignored the Ferrari!

The car was a Autozam AZ-1...It has a turbo 657 cc engine, and length and width of 130" and 55"....That is tiny! It was built by Suzuki, but sold by Mazda, and was only right-hand drive......Maybe Ron will post a pic or two of it here.......

Here is the little car CVXJET mentioned, along with some other nice shots he took there yesterday

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rsvl-Rider

1219 posts
Member since Feb 2014
And a few more...

PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who owns the silver 86? Also i will be there this weekend the 13th
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The silver SE (Now with V6 power) is Liv4God on here....He lives near Calistoga...Drove all the way to Folsom for this gathering....
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

who owns the silver 86? Also i will be there this weekend the 13th

Yep, that's mine I would love to be down again for more gatherings, but as I was telling the others, I will be working out of the country for a year. So, when I return count me in!

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 01-08-2018).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our fieros made the Cars and Coffee website photo section for the day. Right near the top of the page. Nice to see!

http://carsandcoffeefolsom.com/january-6-2018/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock