clicking when i turn the wheel to the right by jjd2296
Started on: 11-26-2017 04:29 PM
Replies: 9 (414 views)
Last post by: tshark on 11-30-2017 07:45 AM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2017 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like its coming from the front right wheel. I installed Rodney dickman dual steering dampers. wasn't able to drive it to test it out because it was raining. I took the car out today to fill it up with gas for the winter. drove fine, felt goo with the dual dampers on but noticed a clicking noise when I was stopped and turned the wheel to the right going to park it??? what would it be???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2017 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one has a response to this??
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

No one has a response to this??

So you are running 2 steering stabilizers? With the added dampers, did you flip one the shocks the other way for tension in both directions?... just curious..... I run the Fox dual tension steering stabilizer on my jEEP and love it.. especially running the bigger tires

-------

Going back to the sound...I would say this mod above wouldnt make the clicking.. Wheel bearings click as do cv axles...?..

OH wait!!... are the travel lengths in the shocks correct... maybe one is compressed too much when turning the steering wheel or vice versa.. over extending

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 11-28-2017).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both dampers are new and the same and they are reversed.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 11-28-2017).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you change anything else? Wasn't a Fiero but I changed stabilizer links on a vehicle once and the wheel weight that was on the inside bead clicked it sometimes on a turn.
Rocky Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky TopSend a Private Message to Rocky TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had the wheel weight thing happen to me once in a Fiero. Don't remember what wheels I had on it so the offset might have been to close. But a wheel weight on the inside of one of the wheels was hitting something when I turned while driving. That might be your problem. Worth checking.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rocky Top:

Had the wheel weight thing happen to me once in a Fiero. Don't remember what wheels I had on it so the offset might have been to close. But a wheel weight on the inside of one of the wheels was hitting something when I turned while driving. That might be your problem. Worth checking.

Maybe the wheel weight hitting the brake line?..

Is this clicking when in a "roll".. for instance, wheel bearing.. as you turn the wheel.. or when you turn the wheel at a stand still?
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turning wheel at stand still only.
Rocky Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky TopSend a Private Message to Rocky TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well . . . guess that eliminates wheel weights being the problem. Could be the steering rack causing it.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have someone turn the wheel while you get up front and listen/watch. See if this issue is also present when the front end is jacked up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock