Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  '85 Pontiac Fiero 2+2 Concept Car video (doesn't show much but hey)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
'85 Pontiac Fiero 2+2 Concept Car video (doesn't show much but hey) by cebix
Started on: 11-19-2017 06:04 AM
Replies: 11 (465 views)
Last post by: tshark on 11-20-2017 09:44 PM
cebix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody seen this? Know these guys? They didn't show anything here aside from the guy standing in the way but I guess this is kinda rare...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Fred, yes, seen him at several Michigan shows, he has a few historical Fiero's. Saw the 2+2 at a couple shows years ago, but it looks like they're bringing it back out for the public to enjoy again
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I know Fred, yes, seen him at several Michigan shows, he has a few historical Fiero's. Saw the 2+2 at a couple shows years ago, but it looks like they're bringing it back out for the public to enjoy again

That is cool! Would it be possible to talk him into doing a proper video showing off all the cool stuff on the car?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-09-2018).]

cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I've seen some of them but they're not really that in-depth. I would love a full blown tour of the car.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fred and Jeff are both on here, along with other members more knowledgeable than I, but what do you want to know? Their entire presentation was filmed at Fierorama.
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Fred and Jeff are both on here, along with other members more knowledgeable than I, but what do you want to know? Their entire presentation was filmed at Fierorama.

I don't know what I've missed - maybe I haven't seen all of the videos. But I would like to know first what's in the center console at the back? Looks like there could be a panel or some controls. How was the extension handled from the underbody? Does it look factory or kind of crude? How was the gas and transmission selector cabling handled, cooling, etc. Do the rear windows open at all?

Those are the things off the top of my head. I think that's a really cool car and deserves a full video/article at least.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 2+2 was at the recent Fierorama 22 in St Charles, Ill.

cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First off, this car started life as an '84. The center console has a non-working radio in the back. 2 Fieros were cut in ”half”. This is the long ”half” of the front of one Fiero, and the long ”half” of the rear of another Fiero, for a total of 16” in extra length. Joining plates were welded to the frame. It looks crude, and was only meant to last for a few years. From anywhere other than the underside, it looked good, but the car is starting to crack at the doors. The rear windows do not open. This car was a notchie, when it was originally converted to the 2+2; it later underwent the fastback conversion. I would guess that the cables look factory, just as the quarter windows do, but I don't know. The quarter panels were somewhat crudely done, but they did a good job for what the car is. I gathered that nothing is known about the ”rear Fiero”, but the ”front Fiero” was made in January of 1984, IIRC. The fuel tank is the standard 10-gallon tank. The coolant tubes just have seams in them where they were extended. The actual gas lid release is in the rear compartment; the one on the B-pillar doesn't work. The steering wheel controls aren't connected to anything. The car has a power driver seat, with the controls on the left front side. Very nice.

Very cool info! Thanks, man! That explains a lot that it was welded out of two cars. Fascinating idea. It was way ahead of it's time as it looks kind of like a modern Audi A7 or a Panamera.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First off, this car started life as an '84. The center console has a non-working radio in the back. 2 Fieros were cut in ”half”. This is the long ”half” of the front of one Fiero, and the long ”half” of the rear of another Fiero, for a total of 16” in extra length. Joining plates were welded to the frame. It looks crude, and was only meant to last for a few years. From anywhere other than the underside, it looked good, but the car is starting to crack at the doors. The rear windows do not open. This car was a notchie, when it was originally converted to the 2+2; it later underwent the fastback conversion. I would guess that the cables look factory, just as the quarter windows do, but I don't know. The quarter panels were somewhat crudely done, but they did a good job for what the car is. I gathered that nothing is known about the ”rear Fiero”, but the ”front Fiero” was made in January of 1984, IIRC. The fuel tank is the standard 10-gallon tank. The coolant tubes just have seams in them where they were extended. The actual gas lid release is in the rear compartment; the one on the B-pillar doesn't work. The steering wheel controls aren't connected to anything. The car has a power driver seat, with the controls on the left front side. Very nice.

Wow you paid attention. It was January of 83 not 84. The donor car for the front 2/3rds was one of the original pilot cars, the 9th Fiero ever made. And I am not sure where he got 1985 from. Pretty sure I put 84 on the information card. You could make an argument for either 84 or 86, so maybe he just split the difference .

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 11-20-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock