posting on Facebook...market or any group by straws
Started on: 11-14-2017 09:32 PM
Replies: 3 (516 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-16-2017 08:56 AM
straws

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2017 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strawsSend a Private Message to strawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone had good luck selling anything...not just Fieros, but any household item on facebook marketplace?

I have found that placing any Fiero related ad gets kids who want to FB messenger 15 times before they say they are not sure (takes 20 days). They have my phone number in first post, but still FB messenge. I do not have it installed on my phone for privacy, so this takes day!

The kids do not read the first message with the price, and always ask how much! There is a site I wish I had the ability to drive and buy car after car, but they are always 1000 miles away.

Anyone finding the same experience? FB is a losing game because too many looky loos are all over the world just randomly asking.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the problems with Facebook messenger and its integration with the marketplace is the listing doesn't always get connected to the messages. They might spam 15 people and they don't remember which one you're selling or the price. I ran into that problem buying a drone, I had to be reminded what we being when they responded.

But yeah, craigslist, Facebook or whatever is always going to have a bunch of people just wasting your time till somebody buys.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's almost becoming a condition on how people won't talk on a phone anymore. I've had decent luck with fb marketplace, but only because I'm not shy about weeding out those just looking and finding those that are serious about what I have. If any questions are asked that are mentioned in my listing, I just copy/paste "please see ad for info" then hide the conversation until they respond again. Usually that stops most. It's still annoying, but the facts of life when trying to get the most exposure of trying to selling anything.

Obviously the more ludicrous the questions (ex ...selling a projector with all specs listed and receive a question "can I play DVD's" on it") causes me just to ignore and delete the conversation completely.

In some ways FB marketplace is somewhat better than craigslist since you can at least see the persons name/profile instead of getting random un-identified texts.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some reasons I don't use it. Ever run into weirdos thru craigslist? I'd prefer some of the wierdos who buy things stay a bit farther distance from me than even knowing who I am on facebook. I also think its a risk that many people who live in the area will see that you have this for sale. It may sell faster, but from what I have seen the sale prices are generally lower too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock