New Fiero Owner by Dklosinski
Started on: 11-13-2017 05:51 PM
Replies: 13 (473 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 12-13-2017 10:20 AM
Dklosinski

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just bought my first Fiero

Been on the hunt for a low mileage Fiero for months and finally bought the perfect one.

About the Fiero
55k Miles
Owner mom bought it brand new, sat for 10 years and was recently revived
He changed out the calpers, brake lines, rotors, EGR valve, water pump, thermostat, battery, wires, air filter,
packed wheel bearings, spark plugs, distributor cap, new belt, new rims and tires, new shocks all around, springs that lowered the car an inch

Whats broken?
Window motor
Power mirrors not working
Check engine light is on, he was saying something about EGR valve code

What Im focused on now
Fixing power mirrors

Here are pictures of the vehicle at the posting

Got the car back few weeks ago, managed to fix a few things
Horn (brelay)
Radio cutting out (fuse)
New quater windows (custom GT coloring to match paint)
New Stainless steel vacuum lines
New paint job
New Dog bone (poly bushings)
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
Oil/filter Change 56k Miles
New ignition coil
New Ignition control module
New PCV
New Upper manifold gaskets
New O2 sensor
New air filter
New throttle body gaskets
New fuel filter and O ring
New radiator overflow reservoir tank
New ash trays
New LED interior blue bulbs to match paint color
New EGR Gaskets
New coolant tank reservoir (old one was cracked)
New ash trays

[This message has been edited by Dklosinski (edited 02-22-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! It will look fantastic after a professional paint job. I like the wheels!

Welcome to The Forum...
-Van
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! Let us know how that search for the quarter window goes....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-13-2017).]

Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Welcome to the Forum! Let us know how that search for the quarter window goes....

Thanks guys!

I found 2 of them on fierostore.com, seems a bit pricey but there aren't to many options available!

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bobtail '87?

The code could be a vacuum leak, but check the idle. I suspect the mirror issue and the cutting off are related.

Interesting seat covers. At least the passenger seat looks non-original.

Nice wheels.
Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

A bobtail '87?

The code could be a vacuum leak, but check the idle. I suspect the mirror issue and the cutting off are related.

Interesting seat covers. At least the passenger seat looks non-original.

Nice wheels.

The owner put them on before the sale. Most likely will be swapping them out at some point.

It seems to be idling fine, but the car is in the paint shop currently until then I can't dig deeper into it. I suspect that the electrical issue is going to be a pain to figure out as well as the check engine light!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If power is getting to the horns, you might be able to revive thm by turning the adjusting screws protruding from the horns while power is applied.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes, the ground on the horn is bad. I replaced the horn while I was in there.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2017 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would check the window switch before replacing the window motor. Does it feel dirty or gritty when pressing it? These are actually rebuildable / cleanable, or just order new from the Fiero Store. Much easier than replacing a window motor without checking the easy stuff first.

Also, pop the horn button off and see if these three items are installed under it. Sometimes they are missing. If so, they may have been removed due to an erratic horn. Mine goes off all by itself sometimes when cornering so I press lightly and twist off the black insert to remove the plunger pin and spring.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 11-14-2017).]

Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I think of it when I pressed my horn it didn't feel like there was any springs on it, I'll have to check it out once I get it back from the paint shop, thanks!

Updated the main post with the pictures from my paint, Oscar.

Ordered the quater windows with custom blue GT letter to match the paint color
Ordered window motor
Ordered spare tire cover
Ordered trunk cover with blue GT lettering

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I would check the window switch before replacing the window motor. Does it feel dirty or gritty when pressing it? These are actually rebuildable / cleanable, or just order new from the Fiero Store. Much easier than replacing a window motor without checking the easy stuff first.

Also, pop the horn button off and see if these three items are installed under it. Sometimes they are missing. If so, they may have been removed due to an erratic horn. Mine goes off all by itself sometimes when cornering so I press lightly and twist off the black insert to remove the plunger pin and spring.

[This message has been edited by Dklosinski (edited 02-21-2018).]

flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF!
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness there is a small group of us in your area.
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and congrats on the car. I like the wheels and I love the blue cars.

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock