Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Secret Santa will start a week early this year (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Secret Santa will start a week early this year by maryjane
Started on: 10-25-2017 08:37 PM
Replies: 74 (1911 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 02-01-2018 10:11 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of you know the drill. Sign up here, send me a pm with your name and FULL Mailing ADDRESS. A PM!! I do not do email, facebook, instagram, twitter or any other social media!!!!
I will pull names out of a hat and give you another person to anonymously send a gift to.
Someone else, will be receiving your mailing address and name via PM and they will be sending you a gift--anonymously.
Then all you have to do is wait and see what comes in the mail/UPS/fed-ex. Make it $25.00 plus or minus shipping, your call.

Historically, we have always PM'd real names and of course, real addresses. This is so you have something to write in the "send to" area for the Post office or shipping agency to use. All I can do is promise that your information will go only to the one person that is going to be YOUR secret Santa. If you are uncomfortable submitting your name and valid address, please do not sign up.

And, please if you are interested, make sure you can do this. Extra Secret Santas' have picked up the slack in the past few years, but it is not fair for them to have to follow thru on what someone else promised to do. So please, if you aren't going to send something, and in a timely manner, don't sign up. The objective is for everyone to receive their gift close to Christmas 2017, not Valentine's Day 2018.. It isn't fair for the other person, gives me a headache, and it makes the person left waiting for their gift feel really bad to boot.
Cutoff date for signing up will be Nov 28, and I will send everyone their info before Dec 1, 2017.

Here's some of the Secret Santa threads from years past:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-1-078162.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096127.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097098.html

(Yes I am lazy and used the same intro as last 2 years)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in - PM sent!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent! Thanks for doing this again this year!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-26-2017).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in, Sending PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2017 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great. I'm in!!
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2017 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM on the way. Thanks and happy holidays.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump once, to the top. I've been a little behind on this..been in Arkansas for 13 days. (twin brother took a turn for the worse then passed away late last week) but am back home and back on this now.
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in
PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

A bump once, to the top. I've been a little behind on this..been in Arkansas for 13 days. (twin brother took a turn for the worse then passed away late last week) but am back home and back on this now.

Sorry to hear that your brother has passed. Hope that the holidays can bring some joy to you and your family and thanks again for keeping Secret Santa alive.
Davy
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear about your brother MJ.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words. Haven't fully digested his being gone yet..gonna take some time.

Entry for this year's SS is now closed and your names will be matched up to another participant and PM'd to you tonight.
Thanks all!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for doing it MJ.
My condolences and prayers for your family as well.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2017 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All participants should now have a PM in your in-box, with the username and address to send your gift to.

If you do not, please let me know at your earliest convenience.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2017 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for doing this MJ - and many condolences for your loss.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I missed it this year.

Merry x-mas people.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will we be sharing ideas, such as a wish list / t shirt sizes, etc, or shall we just wing it?

Domtech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2017 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DomtechSend a Private Message to DomtechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's my first time participating, but I like the idea of sharing some interests/info since it turns this into a get to know each other activity as well. I'll start:

I have one Fiero, a yellow 88 gt with 3800SC/f23 swap.
Even though I have to work outside in the Washington wetness, I do all my own mechanical work. I'm also a machinist (not a car one) and make a lot of my own parts.
Other interests are computers/electronics, rockets/space, and drone racing/RCs in general.
My t-shirt size is 2XL. My favorite colors are black, gray and of most of all yellow.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2017 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. When you have mailed/shipped the gift to your designated recipient, please let me know how & when it was sent (usps, fed ex, ups..other) so I can contact them and let them know to be watching for it. If you have a tentative or promised delivery date, please let me know that as well.

The goal is to get the gift on or before Dec 25 but......

2. IF, you are going to be late getting a gift shipped, or if you find you cannot do it (sometimes stuff just happens) please let me know that as well.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cars are a main hobby for me, mechanical, cleaning restoring modifying, car shows for fun etc. A Green 87 GT is my main Fiero project. A factory leather manual shift knob is up there on my interior needs, mine is damaged. Fastback toys / models. Shirt size XL or XL tall. I drive a lot. Does Rodney Dickman do gift certificates? I don't wear hats much.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
I'll admit.. I have no idea what to get the person whose name I have for secret santa
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I'll admit.. I have no idea what to get the person whose name I have for secret santa

I'm right there with you. I'm going to assume they are interested in Fiero's - I have nothing else to go on. Tried searching for posts they have made to get an idea, absolutely nothing but OT, which I never visit. So I'm going to be taking a shot in the dark here.

Good idea posted earlier in the "Dear Secret Santa" thread, to give some ideas to others
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2017 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

PM sent! Thanks for doing this again this year!

John--check your PM please.
Something cometh for you this Christmas.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of you guys know me by now - we have 4 Fieros (my Blue Demon/Blue 85 GT Custom, my Silver 88GT and a white 86 coupe, as well as our newest addition, a SD4 Indy). I also compete in equestrian sports (Eventing/Show Jumping). I love to read and am also very immersed in the field of Holocaust education and scholarship.

Hopefully my person will also post ;-)
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not on here much so many might not know me. So here is my run down...i know it is long but most already typed out and coppied and paste for something else.

I have no specific ideas. It is only my wife with our only kids having 4 legs and bark. We like to travel, driving, flying, cruising. We love to eat good food (non spicey). We currently have 5 cars 2 are Fieros 88GT and 88 Formula 3800sc (4dr wrangler, celica, camary) I love to work around the house and yard. I work overnight shift so i live off caffine(NOT COFFEE yuk!). I am very involved with Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiast and Midwest Fiero Clubs. I "try" to do alot of my own own work on my cars but that does fail sometimes or i dont have the skills so i do take it to the shop also. I do have a small trailer I tow behind my Fieros on long trips

I got back into the Fiero community in 2010 after my dad passed away. My highschool car was a 85se back in 96-99. Dad had an 88 GT and 88 Formula at home I got his 88 GT from my mom in 2010 and built it into a memorial for him with paint that memorializes his 442 he also had that we couldnt keep. Engine wise it is a 2.8 5 speed. Suspesion has been tightened up with poly and lowered with springs, and has oversized sway bars on 17 inch rims

I recently picked up my dads other Fiero 88 Formula that he sold to my cousin when he bought the 442. My cousin did a 3800sc swap and home paint job. The car is a litte rough around the edge but drives great. Plan on making this car better for cross country trips and may use for autocrossing too. This car also has a 5 speed and is lowered with springs currently still on 15 inch rims. Plan on attending Cars and Cones this year with this car Www.fm3roadtrip.com.

I drive my cars alot . I have done 7 Hot Rod Powr Tours with the GT. 4 of them doing the whole trip at about 3500 miles in a week. I have done many 300-500+ mile treks to weekend shows out of state. We use them for weekend getaways and vacation. Both of us drive them. My wife has declared the GT hers....lol

Road trips planned for this year in Fieros:
Cars and Cones 2000+ miles April
Dells Run 400 miles June
Some power tour stops 1000+ miles June
Tyler Shipman show 1000 miles July
35th aniversary show 300 miles August
Heatland Fiero Show 300 miles. Sept

Trips besides Fiero:
Las Vegas January
Family in Nebraska February
Cedar Point and Kings Island - ammusemnt parks May

Future projects and items wanting to purchase or install. No paticular order and not all this year just a ongoing list I keep when I see things or think of things.

88GT
Spare tire cover embroidered to match seats
New truck seal
Subwoofer install ( i have everthing)
Remote lock (bought kit on forum)
Automatic headlights (bought kit already)
Trunk compartment hard cover for show
Switched trunk light
Led interior lights
Embrass Lighting Led Tailight kit
Need to polish scratches out of Extra GT taillights and
install
Paint decklid vents
Powdercoat valve covers
Fix exhaust leak ( front manifold..not horrible yet)
13 inch rotor conversion
S10 brake booster
V8 Convesion (not any time soon)
Fiero Guru Geomotry brackets
Daytime running lights with stock bumper turn signals

Formula
New rear spring and shocks - NEXT PRODJECT
AC install
Cruise install
Switched Truck light
Tray for infront of radio
Touch up engine paint
New tires and rims 17's
Rebuild and cover seats
OR
Find other vehicle comlatable seats
Tighten up loose interior issues
Wet sand and polish whole car
Paint decklid vents
Tighten up suspension with poly and other items
Intercooler? ( havent looked into it)
Fix rearview drivers mirror (will not hold position)
Hook up auto dim mirror already installed
Install visors (already have)
New trunk seal
Spare tire cover
Hard trunk cover
13 inch rotor conversion
Fiero Guru Geomotry brackets
Short shifter that uses stock knob
Led bulbs for tailights and reverse lights
or
Embrass Lighting kit for Notchhback
Led strips for molding lights
Led interior lights
Daytime running lights with stock bumper turn signals

Hope all that helps Santa?

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12, 15(Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)
Power Tour 2 stops 2016

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 12-06-2017).]

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Secret Santa, I was good this year and I promise I will end a good boy as well! I am easily pleased and excited to be apart of this for the first time. I love all things fiero, technology, and anything interesting. I don't have any real needs, but I do wear XL shirts.

As far as my person goes I hope you enjoy the effort into a one off item designed specifically for you! You were not easy but I hope the hammer hit the nail on the head and not my finger.

Happy Holidays to All!
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I perused the forum and threads by my person to get ideas. Hopefully I picked the right gift!

If whoever has me is in need of ideas, well anything Fiero related really.
Fiero model or cups or ornament, other fun Fiero related items etc. Shirt size: I prefer small, but medium or large can be ok.
I'm 24, God believing Christian and I have 4 Fieros, 88 Formula, 2 86 2m4s (swapped v6 into one) and 86 SE. working on a v8 swap for the Formula.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am an xl or xxl for shrits
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

I perused the forum and threads by my person to get ideas. Hopefully I picked the right gift!

If whoever has me is in need of ideas, well anything Fiero related really.
Fiero model or cups or ornament, other fun Fiero related items etc. Shirt size: I prefer small, but medium or large can be ok.
I'm 24, God believing Christian and I have 4 Fieros, 88 Formula, 2 86 2m4s (swapped v6 into one) and 86 SE. working on a v8 swap for the Formula.

Your Secret Santa informs me something Christmasy comes your way..

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PokeyFiero--I've been informed, that a sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer is on it's way to your house.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could use a Fiero hat. Sock hat if they have one.
otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I do like comedy and action movies. I'm into various anime and enjoy the associated manga (esp lighthearted romantic comedy series). I get a kick from vintage serial newspaper comics like Little Orphan Annie, Li'l Abner & Dick Tracy (Hey, it's fun escapist reading!). I like archaeology and metal detecting and reading about finds from around the world.

If you're thinking "I'll get him clothing. It'll be fun!", I wear XL

Please nothing Fiero related though (unless it's the car itself). I don't have one and any stickers, parts etc would go to waste and likely be simply recycled next time Secret Santa rolls around.

[This message has been edited by otakudude (edited 12-10-2017).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2017 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Trips besides Fiero:
Las Vegas January

Be sure to stop by the Vegas Fiero yard/club here
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Be sure to stop by the Vegas Fiero yard/club here

Won't have any transportation otherwise i would. We are almost fully booked with activities..only three 3 full days
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Domtech:

It's my first time participating........

Your Secret Santa has shipped something your way..coming to you via UPS.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Most of you guys know me by now -......

Your Secret Santa has sent something your way. USPS.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-12-2017).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by otakudude:

I'm in

Your Secret Santa asked me to inform you that ..a gift is on it's way to you.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Hi Secret Santa, I was good this year ..
Happy Holidays to All!

And a Secret Santa has noted this and has now sent a gift your way!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock