Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Old age SUCKS! Can't remember guy in Canada that does swap harnesses.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Old age SUCKS! Can't remember guy in Canada that does swap harnesses. by fierocarparts
Started on: 10-12-2017 05:32 PM
Replies: 13 (603 views)
Last post by: Cavvy09 on 10-15-2017 12:07 PM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the early onset of dementia and it is getting tough to work on projects.
Needing help from the guy that built my swap harness, but can't remember his name.
Any/all help is appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROFLYER ?
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, Dan.
I did a search on my own posts.
Thanks for responding!
Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does he do northstar harnesses also?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do a little research on FieroFlyer before you purchase a harness. I do not want to directly badmouth a supplier, but his harness cost me a LOT of time, money and aggravation. 2 wires were broken inside the harness not making contact (he uses barrel connectors instead of soldering). the wiring for 2 plugs in my harness were also backwards. Just be careful, and be aware.

You can check out my build thread here in General char around page 14 or 15 for detailed information.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to make harnesses. I have a full electronic design lab at home and I'm not designing electronics anymore.
Where do you find the specifications on a harness ?

Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know a good source for a northstar plug and play harness
Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cavvy09

113 posts
Member since Jun 2015
Thanks for the heads up also johnWPB
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John's harness seems to be a rare miss for Danny, in fact, he's the only complaint I've heard AND John bought that harness second hand. I've got a harness Danny built and it is spectacular.
Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2017 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no answer if he even builds the northstar harness though, lol. But also, what is his turn around time usually? I built my own harness for the 4.9 swap of mine and prefer to source out this time. Good hear from ya again Napoleon. Haven't seen ya post in awhile.

[This message has been edited by Cavvy09 (edited 10-13-2017).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

John's harness seems to be a rare miss for Danny, in fact, he's the only complaint I've heard AND John bought that harness second hand. I've got a harness Danny built and it is spectacular.

This may be the case, and it is the reason I did not bash him, but just said to be aware.

Yes, the harness was "second hand", but was never touched. I purchased my 3800SC from someone that was gathering the parts to do a swap, and changed his mind. The harness came in the original taped up box from FieroFlyer.

PFF
System Bot
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan did my harness and programmed my ECM. Swap on the road for 15 months, no issues. The turnaround time was fast, shipped out just days after receiving my harness. Less than a week as I recall. He was also very helpful with questions after.

Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I may try contacting him to see if he does northstar also. Vendors seem harder to come across these days
Cavvy09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cavvy09

113 posts
Member since Jun 2015
You guys have some nice clean looking swaps by the way.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock