Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Weekend 2018 [March 29th thru April 1st] (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Weekend 2018 [March 29th thru April 1st] by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-06-2017 11:12 PM
Replies: 109 (3651 views)
Last post by: 2002z28ssconv on 04-05-2018 06:52 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daytona Beach March 22nd ~ 25th 2018

The website is up, but not completed yet. Check back over the next couple of weeks for updates.

You can register for the show at this link.

PLEASE let us know what you plan on attending, so we can make accurate reservations, and adjust them accordingly based on attendance. You can DO THAT HERE. Please take a minute to fill out this form to help us plan reservations and attendance for dinners, the boat cruise ect. It is important to have rough numbers that plan on attending.

I have Received 2 Direct PayPal Registrations for the show thus far: (Now that the form is set up, all registrations will show up on the page automatically)
Jennifer H. $25
Nelson T. $25

I have received 2 Registrations in the form of a check:
Jack C, NC
Benn S, FL

There will be a $25 fee per car this year. I spoke with Frank Martin, and when he did the show, there was also a separate fee to help cover the show costs. Some years, he combined the 2 fees (The speedway fee, and the Show fee together). We do not want to get involved with trying to keep track of the Turkey Rod Registrations, so we are doing our $25 show fee separately. I will keep a penny by penny break down of all costs and expenditures that I will post on the website (Still under construction). Any money left over, as every past year of the show, will be donated to a chosen charity. I will have a page set up soon where you can pay the $25 fee. I will also provide an address to send checks or money orders if you can not, or prefer not to do it online.
You will also have to pay the entry fee into the Daytona Speedway on the Daytona Turkey Rod site. That is separate from the money we are collecting to cover the cost of doing the show. Read more about that in this post

The $25 fee will cover:
  • Entry into the judging for your Fiero (and cover the cost of the trophies)
  • Help defer the cost of the track side lunch on Saturday in the Fiero area (You will receive 2 tickets that you will need for the buffet)
  • Dash Plaques
  • Cover the cost of the trophies
  • one entry into the door prize give away

--> Those that have not paid the $25 fee, will be politely asked to park their cars in a separate area, in the Fiero area of course. This makes it much simpler on the judges to evaluate the cars, by having all of those being judged all parked together.

Reserve Your Hotel Room at the Best Western NOW! (386) 258-6333 There are only 10 rooms blocked out for our group rate. Just mention Space Coast Fieros for the $71 Thursday, and $79 Fri, Sat rate. (as of 10:30 this morning 11/20/17, 7 of those 10 rooms are available)

Patrick set up a Private Group Page on Facebook for updates, and a place to easily post photos from mobile devices. If you are s member of the large Fiero group on Facebook, you will be able to see it. If not, just join the group. We had to make it a private page, as there is one certain individual who is infatuated with our Daytona show, and interfering as much as possible. If he slips in using one of his 10 Facebook aliases, we can ban them when it is a private group.

We are 4 months out from the show, so the time to start thinking about getting ready is NOW!

2 Years ago the show fell on Easter weekend, and as expected we had a weak turnout. Last year, no one really had planned anything, and more of a "show and shine", but it was still a fun weekend for those that attended.

For the 2018 show, we have 4 to 5 people working on making the show a full weekend jam packed with activities, breakfasts, dinners, cruises, (both by land AND water We have planned a track side buffet, raffles, door prizes, dinner cruise (on a paddle boat) car show with trophies, door prizes, Fiero Swap Meet, and many other things that are being worked on.

This is just the very preliminary post, and MUCH more information will be added to this first post in this thread as times, dates, activities and such are added and finalized. The web page is in the works which will have a full schedule breakdown.

If anyone has any suggestions on activities or events, let us know. If you would like to be in charge of something like the cruise, poker run, a tech session, judging or anything else, let us know! It takes time and effort from a lot of people to put together a show like this.

This is just the VERY early and preliminary information so far.

• Capital City Fieros has volunteered to handle the Friday Morning Breakfast at the Sugar Mill.
  • We will be setting up the information and reservations for Friday Evenings Dinner Cruise (not a driving cruise, but a cruise on a boat with dinner and drinks )
  • We are making arrangements to have a buffet lunch in the Fiero area on Saturday.
  • Trophies, the raffle, 50/50 and random giveaways will be at 1:30 Saturday.
  • Lunch on Sunday will be at the Cracker Barrel at 12:30 for those sticking around for Sundays lap.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-06-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
john-t-b

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john-t-bSend a Private Message to john-t-bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if mine will make the trip but I'll try getting the weekend off to at least get there.

[This message has been edited by john-t-b (edited 10-06-2017).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

I have three cars in the shop for body work and paint so at least one of them might be available for Daytona next year. It is my intent to make the trip so we will see how things work out. Now I have to see when my youngest son and his wife plan to go to Spain. If they go, my wife and I will likely be babysitting for a week. Plans are not fixed now but if the Spain trip happens it will be late march or early April. Daytona is important but does not compete with grandkids!

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-23-2017).]

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there for Saturday
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope to see everyone there.

Jack
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to be able to make it this year

Just got to figure which Fiero to bring

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I just got off the phone with Frank. The Best Western Host Hotel only gave us a block of 10 rooms to start with this year! So if you want a room definitely book it now. There are 6 rooms left as if 10 minutes ago.
When those rooms run out she is not sure if we can get more. It depends on total hotel occupancy, at which they can charge at their regular rate.

Thursday night is $71 tax
Friday and Saturday are $79 + tax

Things are progressing and I should have more updates soon. We have been contacting sponsors, and getting some of the events organized and locked in with reservations and such. I look forward to seeing everyone again this year!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-20-2017).]

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I created a private fb event page for the show as well, which is linked below. If you are s member of the large Fiero group on Facebook, you will be able to see it. If not, just join the group. I know it's tricky, but I did it that way to keep out an individual who finds my event page every year and spams it with garbage.

I will be helping to plan the event, I hope to make it, and hope you all can too!

https://www.facebook.com/ev...8921032438750/?ti=cl

[This message has been edited by PatrickTRoof (edited 11-21-2017).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a need for the dates. 3/23,24,25/18 (?) and who/where does the $25 fee go?
turbo 3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo 3800Send a Private Message to turbo 3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this 25 dollar fee on top of the fee that the speedway charges to get in?

Or does your fee cover the entry fee into the speedway?
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2017 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

who/where does the $25 fee go?

Copied from the first post in this thread:

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
The $25 fee will cover:
  • Entry into the judging for your Fiero (and cover the cost of the trophies)
  • The track side lunch on Saturday in the Fiero area (You will receive 2 tickets that you will need for the buffet)
  • Dash Plaque
  • Goodie Bag
  • one entry into the door prize give away

--> Those that pre-registered and paid the $25 fee, will have all their paperwork (No forms to fill out!) waiting when you pull into the Fiero area, to speed up the check in process Saturday morning.

Originally posted by turbo 3800:

Is this $25 dollar fee on top of the fee that the speedway charges to get in?

Or does your fee cover the entry fee into the speedway?

The $25 is separate from the entry fee into the Daytona track. The Turkey Rod Run collects and keeps 100% of the money they collect to pay for the special guests, raffle prizes, and I am certain a VERY nice profit. The $25 we are collecting is unfortunately necessary for the Fiero show to take place. There are LOT of things needed to do the show that most people to not understand, and that stuff costs money. Everything from Trophies, the rolls of raffle tickets, and this year, the buffet lunch to be held at noon in the Fiero area. The trophies alone can cost from 200~500 depending on how nice they are. ANY remaining money will be donated to a charity that the majority agrees upon. NO ONE WILL MAKE ANY PROFIT from money left over.

It is either the entry fee, or someone needs to step up and cover the trophies, Saturday lunch and all incidentals

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-20-2017).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know a lot of people just do not understand what it takes to do a car show / weekend of events like this. It is not just make a post on PFF, set up a facebook page and sit back and wait for people to show up. There is a LOT MORE involved in it.

There are 3-4 people so far that are volunteering countless hours of soliciting donors, planning events, designing, hosting and taking care of the website. Soliciting donors for items for the Raffle as well as free givaways, door prizes and even the goody bags. Just setting up the goodie bags 3 years ago, took a crew of around 10 people over an hour to make the 60 or so bags that we gave out. I am paying out of pocket for the website and its hosting this year, as Chuck has done for the past 3 years. We are scouting events and restaurants, making and confirming reservations. Then there is the matter of taking care of email lists, and composing periodical emails to keep everyone up to date with current information. Graphics designers creating logos and graphics for shirts, flyers and the website, designing, creating and ordering trophies, as well as picking them up making sure they are at the show. Shopping, preparing and setting up the lunch to be track side on Saturday. Maintaining the forms. paperwork, and the countless other things.

Each of us that are volunteering time, and even spending some of our own money on things pertaining to the show, will also be paying the $25 registration fee as well.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

There is a need for the dates. 3/23,24,25/18 (?) and who/where does the $25 fee go?

I'm assuming for now that it will be the 23rd-25th. Registration for the event is not yet up on their website,
www.turkeyrun.com but I read on other sites that it will be those dates. We will keep everyone updated.

[This message has been edited by PatrickTRoof (edited 11-21-2017).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is Thursday the 22nd thru Sunday the 25th. I have updated the information in the first post.
turbo 3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo 3800Send a Private Message to turbo 3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont plan on paying the 25 dollar fee thats outrageous. Ill pack my own lunch if I want and I dont need a trophy. I am there to enjoy the show and hang out. Ill also park wherever I want in the fiero area. This segregation idea is b.s.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2017 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't plan on paying the 25 dollar fee thats outrageous. Ill pack my own lunch if I want and I dont need a trophy. I am there to enjoy the show and hang out. Ill also park wherever I want in the fiero area. This segregation idea is b.s.

I have to ask.... Would you like to volunteer to do the judging of the cars? Maybe call some companies and such to get sponsors to donate door prizes and such? How about set up the menu, order the food and set the lunch up track side for everyone.... Or do you just want to complain about everything, and have everything done for you for free? (well..... technically not free, as others will be helping to cover costs)
Just so you know, the Room rate we arranged for the Fiero Weekend (Frank Martin actually locked in the block of rooms and price) , for people in our group, is $79 a night. If you do not get the group rate, the rooms are $129 per night. If you stay the Thurs, Fri and Sat that will save you $150 for the weekend. I bet you will take advantage of that rate, and at the same time you want to call the $25 fee "Outrageous".
I just noticed that the Midwest Fiero Club is charging $35 to register, $55 if you want a T-shirt) for their show next September.

If you do not want to pay the $25 no one is forcing you in any way. You simply will just not be a part of the car show as far as judging is concerned. Then you are more than welcome to join in all of the other activities such as the cruise, poker run, breakfasts, dinners, boat cruise ect. On Saturday, anyone is more than welcome to go to the BBQ joint, at the center of the field, and pay $22 for a BBQ sandwich, fries and a no-refill soda This is one of the reasons we wanted to take some of the $25 to do a buffet lunch in our area. So many people have complained on just how expensive the food vendors at the track are. I remember Joe taking his wife and 2 kids to one of the places to eat. It was like $90 for the 4 of them with just sandwiches, fries and sodas.

As for the "segregation" as you termed it.... That could not be further from the truth. Would you not agree that the cars being judged should be all together in one area to make it easy for people walking around doing the people's choice awards, as well as making it easier for the judges?

I am sorry, but I had to respond to this post directly. I do not want a rift, or a flame war here in ANY way. This weekend is a gathering of people who have something in common, and for people to come and have a good time. The $25 is not mandatory in any way. It is more like a donation to help cover the costs. It is just so very frustrating to TRY to make this a great event, and have the 1% come in and complain about everything, and not lift a finger to help with anything. This is with any show or group gathering that I have ever been to.

Lastly, just so people know, this fee is nothing new. Frank has been doing this since he started the show. I just spoke with him on the phone yesterday, and his exact words were "it takes money to do a show". The only difference is for some of the past shows, he would put together an all inclusive price for a banquet in the hotel (To rent that room cost a lot of money on top of the food), the entrance to the track, as well as well as other things. We are trying to make it as ala karte' as possible. Just a fee to help cover the costs of putting the show together is all. It is then your option to pay or not for any and all dinners, events, the boat cruise ect. You can attend and pay for as much or as little as you want.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-22-2017).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta agree with the organizers, putting on an event like this takes tremendous amounts of time, energy, and yes even money. 3 years ago I helped out with rounding up sponsors, and goody bags, and it took an incredible amount of time and effort. It was very eye opening.
montegut

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for montegutSend a Private Message to montegutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been involved in several car shows in the past and know the work involved to have a successful event. It takes time, dedication of volunteers and money. I have never attended a big show where there wasn’t an entry fee. The Daytona show looks like a bargain. If turbo 3800 thinks $25.00 is outrageous, stay home. Don’t bash the work and effort of others because of your ignorance.
turbo 3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo 3800Send a Private Message to turbo 3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by montegut:

I have been involved in several car shows in the past and know the work involved to have a successful event. It takes time, dedication of volunteers and money. I have never attended a big show where there wasn’t an entry fee. The Daytona show looks like a bargain. If turbo 3800 thinks $25.00 is outrageous, stay home. Don’t bash the work and effort of others because of your ignorance.

If its volunteering, and others are seemingly bragging about them being volunteers, then why the charge? People are making money here. I wonder how the speedway would feel if they knew what was going on with volunteers selling food inside without a permit to do so. Ill make some phone calls

If you want to volunteer than volunteer. Don't ask for money under the guise of volunteering. Its an insult.

And I wont be staying home. I will be going and I wont be paying. That is all. If you dont like it then tough. And I will be parking where I want. If judged cars are next to me than so be it. If they are not then so be it.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If its volunteering, and others are seemingly bragging about them being volunteers, then why the charge? People are making money here. I wonder how the speedway would feel if they knew what was going on with volunteers selling food inside without a permit to do so. Ill make some phone calls

If you want to volunteer than volunteer. Don't ask for money under the guise of volunteering. Its an insult.

And I wont be staying home. I will be going and I wont be paying. That is all. If you dont like it then tough. And I will be parking where I want. If judged cars are next to me than so be it. If they are not then so be it.

I do not know who you are, (shawn maybe?) or why you have such a HORRIBLE attitude, and why you have the chip on your shoulder. Let me be VERY clear here, NO ONE IS GETTING PAID FOR ANYTHING PERIOD. You can not seem to understand something so very simple to most, The Dash Plaques cost money, the Trophies cost money, the Food for Saturday will cost money to purchase. 3 years ago, the only year I know the cost for, the trophies totaled around $350. After the trophies and all other items were paid for. 100% of the left over money is set to be donated to a charity. The same as EVERY PREVIOUS YEAR OF THE DAYTONA FIERO SHOW. 3 years ago, Talking with everyone trying to determine a charity, the consensus was to donate the remaining $238 to Dawn Mulinax, the wife of Todd Mulinax. Todd Mulinax was a member of Central Florida Fieros, and had just passed away a month or so before the show.

I will make you an offer, if you pay for the trophies, and the other miscellaneous items, (Or at least 111 Benjamin's) we can do away with the $25 registration fee. That would make me and I am sure everyone else very happy. This is the last time I will respond to your posts in this thread. You are obviously trolling and trying to ruin what is going to be a very fun weekend. You will be unsuccessful in your attempt.

I will ask though, Does anyone else feel the same way? Should we do away with the lunch, trophies, dash plaques, raffles, door prizes, goodie bags and such, and just do a Show & Shine instead? Whatever the majority wants is what needs to be done.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-26-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2017 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please let us know when you have a preregistration site set up. I would like to take advantage of that before I forget about it.

Nelson
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2017 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will add my two cents in. I am middle of the road on the trophy and dash plaques. These have never been a big pull to get me to a car show. How ever there are those that really enjoy winning a trophy so my vote is go for it. The big incentive for me is the lunch on Saturday. Feeding two people at Daytona for $25 is about what I would spend at the vendors. So in my mind the money will take care of lunch and anything else is a bonus. I would add that instead of dash plaques I would like to have a sticker of some sort. Something fiero and Daytona. However that is just my opinion, some like the plaques.

Now that being said, I can not attend this year. I am currently working in Taiwan, sorry to say Pedro's red chop will not be there this year. It is safely tucked away in a storage unit. Hate to miss the show and the fiero. Hope it goes well and fun is had by all.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson, I already replied to this question in your PM. I will answer it here so others can see. The registration page should be up soon. I will post here, as well as send out an email to the Daytona SHow email list. If you are not on that list, and would like to be, CLICK HERE to sign up.

Originally posted by Easy8:

I will add my two cents in. I am middle of the road on the trophy and dash plaques. These have never been a big pull to get me to a car show. How ever there are those that really enjoy winning a trophy so my vote is go for it. The big incentive for me is the lunch on Saturday. Feeding two people at Daytona for $25 is about what I would spend at the vendors. So in my mind the money will take care of lunch and anything else is a bonus. I would add that instead of dash plaques I would like to have a sticker of some sort. Something fiero and Daytona. However that is just my opinion, some like the plaques.

Now that being said, I can not attend this year. I am currently working in Taiwan, sorry to say Pedro's red chop will not be there this year. It is safely tucked away in a storage unit. Hate to miss the show and the fiero. Hope it goes well and fun is had by all.

Thanks for your 2 cents. It helps to know what people want, and do our best to make it happen. As for the stickers, I can make that happen, that should be fairly inexpensive to do, and something I could cover the cost of myself. Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it this year. Drop me an email with your address, and I will make sure that you get one of the stickers.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-24-2017).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I won't be going, so I guess I'm a troll, but here is my opinion. I understand. This isn't your show. If you don't like the format of the show, don't go. Perhaps I missed seeing the shows you put on, but with your knowledge and experience, I'm sure we all look forward to attending your next show where you allow free access to a major speedway, provide free food, have a judged car show with trophies, etc. Perhaps Indianapolis would be a good place.

”Insult” may be a big word for you. Look up the meaning, so you can be sure of proper direction.

John's words were very simple. I'm sure everyone else understood.

I don't really care about trophies, but they probably draw more participants, just like fees apparently draw rats.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2017 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I'm thinking of it, having lunch provided is a HUGE benefit. It may not be a big deal for one person, but an expensive meal times 4 is costly. Bringing a meal for 4 people is an event in itself.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2017 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made my hotel reservations today, arriving 3/22, checking out 3/25.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent out the first email to all the Subscribers ( a little over 1,200 emails!) . If you got it, you are all set.... If you did not receive an email this afternoon from me, you are not subscribed to the email list.

Just CLICK HERE to add your email to the list if you want to receive updates. If you got the email, and do not with to receive any further emails, just click the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of that email.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-28-2017).]

Georgieo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeorgieoSend a Private Message to GeorgieoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cannot understand those who complain over a $25 fee. My suggestion would be to get involved as a volunteer and see for yourself how much work it takes. Owners attend to have a good time not to hangout with a complainer and whiny person. If you don’t like it stay home. Not mandatory for you to be there.
This show is not Your show it is for all of us. As for parking I suggest you park at a reasonable distance from those of us who came to support and enjoy the show.
turbo 3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo 3800Send a Private Message to turbo 3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hilarious how one person says they arent going to pay the fee, and all the trolls in here go nuts.

Asking for a fee is not volunteering. Someone is getting paid. How much is this Johnwpb getting paid? He says he is donating but do any of you really know for sure.??? How much is he hiding to keep for himself?

Once again myself and my friends coming down arent going to pay it and we will park where we want. If you have a problem with that then its an issue you need to resolve with yourself

[This message has been edited by turbo 3800 (edited 12-04-2017).]

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registration is now open for the spring event. Click the link below and follow the steps to register.

http://turkeyrun.com/
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got some fantastic news. Patrick contacted the New Smyrna Beach Nascar speedway. They said they had discontinued letting cars run the track Before the Race on Saturday nights. When he contacted them this time, they replied that that this particular Saturday night is the opening season night for the New Smyrna track, and she would love to have us open the track that night.

So everybody get your car's ready to do some hot laps around the New Smyrna Speedway. I was only able to get up to around 85 miles an hour last year with my 2.8. This year, I want to see what the 3800 Supercharged will do :-)

The only requirements are that you have functioning seatbelts, and you must sign a waiver releasing the track from any and all damage due to any accidents. If I remember correctly, she told me they would tow your vehicle from the track if you were in an accident and put it outside. You could then contact your insurance company and try to explain to them :-) oh, you're also allowed to have a passenger in the passenger seat.

Here we are at New SMYRNA a few years ago:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-11-2017).]

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got the fuel pump rewired. Also, since I fixed the ignition issue of it puking as soon as it got into boost, I'm soooo looking forward to not having to baby it around the New Smyrna track this year.

I even take a few laps every now and then on the New Smyrna track on iRacing just to be prepared... lol
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2018 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.turkeyrun.com/events/car-show.html

Registration for Daytona car show $30 preregistration.
Flyboygt86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the Fiero show? It's only six weeks away
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have some more information this evening, and will put it in the first post.

We are doing a group dinner cruise this year. It is set for 4:15 on Friday, March 23rd. The cost per person is $19.95 and includes dinner on board a 2 hour paddle boat tour. Any alcoholic beverages are extra. Domestic beer is $3, well and wine $4 and top end drinks $6.

I am told that March is a VERY busy month for them, and they will start booking up fast. As of now, there are 68 remaining seats out of the 112 available seats. She kept stressing how around the middle to end of February is when they will fill the all the seats, for all of March's cruises. If you would like to join us, I suggest making your reservations right now.

You can go to their website to book your reservations, or you can place your reservations over the phone (386)402-1353

IMPORTANT: They do NOT have a credit card machine on board, so you will need to bring cash for any drinks.

Here is a nice video showing what to expect:

Secondly:

You can now pay the $25 registration fee through PayPal. The money is going directly into my PayPal account. I have cleared my account of any and all funds, and will refrain from using my account for any personally purchases till the end of March. To keep things on the up and up, Paypal is creating a list of people that are paying for registrration. ANYONE can view this list, and the total raised at any time. I will be keeping track of the funds right down to the penny. Patrick and Chuck will also double, then tripple verify all funds received, and where they go.

You can pay the registration fee, as well as view the total here.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-06-2018).]

Carlos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to the River Cruise website, there is a 5pm departure time not a 415pm.

Any chance the times are wrong?

------------------

''92 DGGM Caprice 9C1 LO5 5.7
Factory leather, CD and all the Police Package goodies.

[This message has been edited by Carlos (edited 02-06-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carlos:

According to the River Cruise website, there is a 5pm departure time not a 415pm.

Any chance the times are wrong?

Nope all is well. The boat actually pulls away from the dock at 5:00 on the dot. They request that people arrive 45 minutes early to park, check in, choose from the menu options for dinner, and eventually board and be seated.

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,

Just sent you the registration fee via PayPal.

Nelson
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2018 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John,
Thank you for doing this for the Fiero community. Unfortunately for only the 2nd time in 10+ years we will be missing the show this year, I will be working a charity event that my company is sponsoring. I really hope the turnout is good this year, as each year passes it seems like the Fiero community gets smaller and I would really hate to see interest in this show dwindle as my family really enjoys our weekend in Daytona each year.

We plan to be back in full force next year, kids and Fiero in tow as always

and yes, we did spend a small fortune on lunch (I think it was last year) so it would be nice to have a buffet set up in the track. I would gladly pay the registration fee.

Hope to see you all next year.

-Joe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay