Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Most stuff loaded into a Fiero - post your pics!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Most stuff loaded into a Fiero - post your pics! by cebix
Started on: 10-06-2017 03:39 PM
Replies: 18 (668 views)
Last post by: edfiero on 10-27-2017 08:16 AM
cebix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the most stuff you've loaded your Fiero with? What tricks did you guys use? What secret spaces? Show us some pics!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took my Fiero camping for a number of years; Ii put the jack in front of the master cylinder, then my Father made a camping cabinet that went in on top of the spare- Had a slot for canned food, then the rest was for any other food items + pot and pan else....Axe, spot/reading camp-light, rake, and tent ground tarp......Rear compartment; 2 sleeping bags, 2 pads, water jug, rake handle(Twisted up under the rubber seal at the front of the compartment), clothes bags and either an inflatable kayak, or a 6" telescope........Passenger compartment, behind seats; 3-man tent, small backpack with hiking shoes inside, shaver kit, stove.....Passenger footwell; Small ice box with pillow on top.

I'm not sure this list is complete......But there was no room for a mouse in either the front or rear compartment...In fact, if I forgot to put something in, the space left would be shaped like what I forgot!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pictures, but the wife and I went on a week-long camping trip in our first Fiero back in the early 90's. Something we DIDN'T carry was a spare tire, a spare ignition module, or tools.

We had a 10 x 12 cabin tent and a ground tarp large enough to cover the floor. Probably a 12 x 14. A double sleeping bag and a couple of shipping blankets for ground padding. Clothes for each us for a week. Coleman stove and fuel. Pots and pans. Bug light. 50 ft. power cord. Electric and regular coffee pots. Coffee. 2 small fold up canvas chairs. Camera and gadget bag.

Only the camera and bag were in the passenger compartment, along with some travel snacks. We covered Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, North and South Carolina, camping at a different campground each night, except for 1 night at my cousin's home in White House, Tn.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most creative thing I had loaded in my Fiero was a 89+ ZF 6 speed for a C4 vette. I took out the passenger seat and drove to OH to pick it up. Put it in the passenger floor board and drove home with it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures... or it didn't happen!

Originally posted by fieroguru:

The most creative thing I had loaded in my Fiero was a 89+ ZF 6 speed for a C4 vette. I took out the passenger seat... Put it in the passenger floor board and drove home with it.

It's only an Isuzu 5-spd (destined for my '84), but this is how I transported it home years ago in my '86 GT.

And the same car transporting a complete cat-back exhaust home from the wreckers...

I don't need no stinkin' truck!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-07-2017).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No pics, but

-a full set of 4 wheels with tires
-a complete iron duke engine (in pieces)
-two passengers, three times
-majority of a dorm room
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

No pics, but

-majority of a dorm room

Where'd you put those wheels? Very curious!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cebix:

Where'd you put those wheels? Very curious!

RWDPLZ may have done it differently, but I've had three wheels/tires where the passenger seat goes and one in the trunk.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2017 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

RWDPLZ may have done it differently, but I've had three wheels/tires where the passenger seat goes and one in the trunk.

^ Same, the three barely fit in the cabin.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One Xmas when driving my GT back to Calgary from Vancouver, I crested a hill at 125kph (75mph) and hit a fist sized rock on the highway.
Both wheels on the driver's side connected with it. The rear tire was blown out instantly. I put my spare tire on (real fun in the dark...)
A few miles down the road, the front tire went flat.

I hitched a ride into the nearest town, got a tow truck, and had a tire shop open for Emergency Service ($60).
They didn't have the Toyo brand of tire, so I bought 2 "take offs" of the correct size for $80.
I had to take my old tires back to Calgary to get my Toyo warranty replacements.

My passenger seat had my 2 blown tires on it with a CRT computer monitor in the "hole" and a computer box on the floor.
My trunk was full with luggage and Xmas gifts, the front had the spare and jack back in place...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-08-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

One Xmas when driving my GT back to Calgary from Vancouver...

Tony... you've got more guts than me, making that journey at that time of year.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Tony... you've got more guts than me, making that journey at that time of year.

The "secret" for the Fiero is TIRES.
Either high quality All-Season or winter tires (even better) if you're driving in snow.

Trying to hitch a ride on a winter Sunday morning at 5:00am was no picnic...
A snow plow operator who was finishing his shift saw my car and picked me up.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-27-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use trunk, P side seat space w/ and w/o a seat and trunk rack all the time.
Examples:
This weekend had large tool boxes on the rack and tools PC and food on P seat and floor.
few weeks ago had trunk & P side space full of scrap and old water heater on Trunk rack.
I take P side seat out to carry big dogs. I have a "Squeezewrench" to remove/replace the seat very easy. (I have a old Skewdriver from them for 20+ years too. Very good tools but many knockoffs now on the market.)

I don't carry much in front... I keep only a empty plastic jug and normal OE spare tire etc. Too many things can be damage by rubbing/hitting like if you just hit/snag Brake MC cover can get Brake Fluid on everything. Washer tank is easy to damage by things going in/out of that area too.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I often fit, a tool bag and two small pieces of hard lugage in the trunk that already has a battery in the right side. Then in the front compartment, there are two fire extinguishers, car finishing wax, tire shine, Windex, a few polishing cloths, a spare set of belts and a dusting mop. This is how we travel to summer shows such as the event at Carlisle.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At one of the car shows, I ordered Pizza for all the Fiero owners that came to the show, we had one of the guys use his fiero to pick them up. He had a passenger with him, they picked up 10 full size pizzas. It was the funniest thing to see, 5 in the passengers lap, 3 on the floor, 2 on the drivers side floor. I bet it took months to get rid of the pizza smell.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 10-08-2017).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2017 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had my entire new interior inside my car, drove up to my uncle's house to install it because he helped install it.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the most I have fit in the car, but a recent fill. This was my getaway car in case my Dad and I were not able to keep the fire off our house and had to flee. Also had my cat in his cage in there, but took him out before taking the picture. Trunk had my computer, some photo albums and other random stuff.

And fortunately we were successful at saving the house and my cars so I didn't need to use the getaway.

edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

No pics, but

-majority of a dorm room

Same here on the dorm room. In college the Fiero was my primary transportation. So in mine I had a 20inch TV, 2 Bookshelf Speakers, Amp, Tape Deck, CD player, as well as clothes for a whole semester, bedding material, towels, etc. Trunk was packed full.... I used a suit bag to pack clothes in the front trunk area, lots of stuff behind the seats, plus a couple of boxes on the luggage rack.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock