Greetings! by SVreX
Started on: 09-21-2017 08:41 AM
Replies: 6 (324 views)
Last post by: SVreX on 09-22-2017 08:03 PM
SVreX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2017 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SVreXSend a Private Message to SVreXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like many, I've been lurking for a while on this site, and thought it was finally time I joined.

My hobby is building quirky cars for the $20XX Grassroots Motorsports Challenge, and I've been relatively successful (including several top autocross finishes and an overall podium finish). I've decided to try my hand at a Fiero.

Fieros have made it to the Challenge before, and have appeared in some unusual configurations. One had a Cadillac 500 engine. One was converted to AWD with the addition of an electric motor driving the front wheels. One was built into a race car in one night in the hotel parking lot. Fieros have a great history at the Challenge, but none have had a top finish. I am hoping to change that.

Previous cars I've built include a turbo Miata, a wide bodied Yugo, a Subaru SVX, a Mini Cooper S, an RX8, and a 323 GTX. I've even built a Cadillac SLS for the event!

I considered a new user name for this forum, but decided some of you may know my by my old one (on the GRM site or other), so I decided to stick with my old name.

I look forward to meeting many of you, and gleaning what I can from you to help a Fiero have a top finish at the Challenge.

------------------
Trying to build a competitive Fiero for the $20XX Grassroots Motorsports Challenge

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2017 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome look forward to seeing what you do.
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2017 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Can't wait to see what you build. Please post pics!

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, Black w/Beechwood interior
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

SVreX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SVreXSend a Private Message to SVreXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've decided to do this in stages, and actually bring it to the GRM Challenge in at least 3 separate distinctly different forms.

The first year it will appear as a stripped down "Baja" off-road version with a small truck bed. The challenge is featuring trucks this year, so I might as well play. This will give me the chance to get it down to fighting weight while sorting the engine and drivetrain for speed.

The second year it will return as a street driver with a rebody from a popular classic.

The third year will take the rebody deep into the custom realm and switch for a drivetrain that will be extremely unique- I'm keeping it a secret for now.

[This message has been edited by SVreX (edited 09-22-2017).]

SVreX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SVreXSend a Private Message to SVreXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SVreX

4 posts
Member since Sep 2017
The car I am working with is an '88 notchback. I have put a 3800 SC Series 2 engine in it and a 5 Spd Getrag. I am currently pulling the engine/trans assembly out, because it needs a clutch. I will detail the engine and engine bay while it is out of the car. I
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. It ain't being done if no photos
SVreX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SVreXSend a Private Message to SVreXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust isn't your strong point, eh? Lol!!

Don't worry, there will be pics, but I can pretty much promise that there won't be as many as you'd like. I am generally much too busy turning wrenches to be very effective at posting internet car pron.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock