Photobucket Fix by kriswinner
Started on: 09-10-2017 11:07 PM
Replies: 18 (891 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-07-2019 05:34 PM
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a Chrome extension available that fixes the dreaded Photobucket issue.

Here's the link: Google Chrome Store

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kendell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the Photobucket issue, I switched to Imgur.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same thign is available for Firefox users.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's more of a bandaid than a fix.
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

That's more of a bandaid than a fix.

I don't disagree.
The one benefit of this bandaid (or others like it) is if you are searching back to a thread from years ago, you can still review the pictures.
Without some sort of fix, all of that history is lost.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kriswinner:

There's a Chrome extension available that fixes the dreaded Photobucket issue.

Here's the link: Google Chrome Store

What "dreaded Photobucket issue" are you referring to?

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Same thing is available for Firefox users.

More info and a link would be helpful...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

What "dreaded Photobucket issue" are you referring to?

Tony, you're not serious... are you?

Photobucket always did suck, but the stunt they pulled recently was pretty low. Threads like John Carlo's were laid to waste. I haven't tried this "fix" yet, but from all reports it appears to work well.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Tony, you're not serious... are you?

Photobucket always did suck, but the stunt they pulled recently was pretty low. Threads like John Carlo's were laid to waste. I haven't tried this "fix" yet, but from all reports it appears to work well.

I thought that might be it.
Just wanted clarification.
And a link to a Firefox "fix".

Why just give half an answer?

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-13-2017).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave you a positive rating. I guess I missed this when you posted it. Not being a technological wizard I was really depressed to open a lot of archived threads and see the dreaded link broken photobucket box. I just found the fix on the Philco Phorum and came over here to see if the message was being spread here. Good job.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

I just found the fix on the Philco Phorum and came over here to see if the message was being spread here.

I installed this fix shortly after my first post in this thread three months ago, and I'm both surprised and delighted that it continues to work exactly as advertised. There have now been at least half a dozen threads at PFF where a link to this fix has been posted. The message is being spread.

VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2018 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for posting this.

-Van
PFF
System Bot
kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

Thank you for posting this.

-Van

Just glad it is still working!
I had a similar issue on other car forums where step-by-step pictorial instructions were laid to waste due to Photobucket's change. Nice to know that history has been restored.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kriswinner:
Just glad it is still working!
I had a similar issue on other car forums where step-by-step pictorial instructions were laid to waste due to Photobucket's change. Nice to know that history has been restored.

That is exactly the reason I thanked you.

-Van
Dragonfish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonfishSend a Private Message to DragonfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much for this! You just fixed so many broken threads for me.
Blitz54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Blitz54Send a Private Message to Blitz54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks tons! Never even thought of an extension to fix it. I just assumed the photos were deleted and the link led nowhere.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2018 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked for me as well - great find!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top, as this handy utility continues to do the trick two years later and counting!

Available for Chrome, Firefox and Android.

If you can't see the following image clearly, without a watermark, or at all... you need The fix.

Originally posted by Slow6:

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firefox version, for those of us that don't want 8GB of RAM dedicated to Google's botnet:

https://addons.mozilla.org/...bucket-embedded-fix/
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2019 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Firefox version, for those of us that don't want 8GB of RAM dedicated to Google's botnet...

It's great to have options... but I don't understand your "8GB of RAM dedicated to Google's botnet" comment. I'm running Google Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 with Win7 and see nowhere near 8GB of RAM being used for anything.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock