Fiero speakers by adm927
Started on: 08-29-2017 11:29 AM
Replies: 13 (1123 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 09-02-2017 12:24 PM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who makes the best sounding speakers that fit in the factory spots?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front speakers?
don't spend a lot because many will have problems soon... Often in 1-3 years.
Heat when parked outside can/will wreck them.

OE and many Aftermarket "radio" doesn't make much power to run high powered speakers.

You can get good "coaxial" speakers between $60 to $150.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about the best sounding speakers... That would depend on variables and your own preferences. I put Rodney's speakers into an 86 GT right before I sold it. With the stock radio they sounded good.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca....php?products_id=300
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pioneer. Stock sizes available.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Memphis Audio, Alpine.......there are many.
Front uses 4x10, rear uses 4x6 (86-up)
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only Pioneer and Kenwood make 4 x 10 speakers for our cars. I have the Kenwoods on the front and rear and am very pleased. I replaced my non-working sub-woofer with Rodney's, and am also pleased with that.
Given the small size of the Fiero cabin, I don't know how much sound you need (or can tolerate). For me the Kenwoods offer all the sound I need at a very reasonable price. Just make sure you follow the installation instructions (available on YouTube), especially on the rear speakers. Also be careful not to crack the dash when installing the two front speakers.
b
88cryan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are more than just two brands of 4x10's! Pyle, Boss, Kicker, Teknique
Amazon 4x10 speaker search

Higher end is Pioneer, Kenwood, and Kicker. Lower end probably Boss and other knockoff brands. I am currently running a set of 4x10 500 watt 3 way Tekniques, which I love.
After reading on here about people complaining about distorting sound quality of an oval speaker I tried building the 4x10 component setup using a template with a 5 1/4 and tweeter (you can find the directions on the forum) but I am one of the few who was unimpressed with it and went back to 4x10's. Its probably the lack of bass output from a 5 inch speaker I think....I have the performance sound sub woofer too.

You have many more options for the 4x6 speakers in the B pillar (assuming you have an 86+) I am running a set of Infinity Kappa 4x6 plate speakers (component design). If you have an 84-85 you have 3.5 inch headrest speakers and I have no advice to give there.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've have Kicker 4x10. They've done well. Also have Pioneer 4x6 in the b pillars. Sound is good, but had to replace them after a few years because they would start to fatigue after long playing or high volume. I am running a lot of power through the system, so there is that. Stock amp should get longer life from speakers. In fact I put the used ones in another car with a stock system and they have been fine. I had Polk Audio 4x6, was not impressed with quality for the price. Got the Pioneers after that and has been a lot better. Cutchfield is a great place to get car speakers, Parts Express is really good for hardware and home speakers, but their car speakers are usually on the lower end. Be sure to read the user ratings.

If you need inspiration for a sound system see FieroSound. Inspired me to make a good sounding system and gave the idea to put subwoofers behind the seats and a center speaker.

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 08-31-2017).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best speakers would be to use component speakers with crossover networks all uses a lot of power.
There are brackets online for either 4" round speakers or 6 x 9 in the dash.
Behind Seatbelt is a 4 inch speaker that with a bit of work a speaker with larger magnet can be fitted in its place again mid range component with a tweeter separate. 3-4 way speakers are all fine till someone turns volume up then something wrong with some part of them 3 ways become 2 ways with a crackle etc.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pioneer TSA 4103.
I have compared them to the Kenwoods. The Pioneers seem to have better bass response. One person who rode with me (a fellow Fiero nut) even thought that I had the performance sound / sub.

I still have my stockers in the B-pillars. They don't see any sunlight, so unless they're just blown, they're usually okay. I'm just interested in them for "rear fill" anyway.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-31-2017).]

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread is like asking who makes the best motor oil.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2017 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

Yup.. taste and type of music has a lot to do with it..
Got to laugh at the reply about them being junk in 2-3 years.. Sorry we have moved past paper cones and foam surrounds.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can find Kicker and others make 4x10 but many are not best speaker they make.
Kicker has them in KS series for ~$100 or less but not CS series
Pioneer TS-A4103 is even less at many places

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Yup.. taste and type of music has a lot to do with it..
Got to laugh at the reply about them being junk in 2-3 years.. Sorry we have moved past paper cones and foam surrounds.
My Current dash speakers have glue fail at cone/frame joint after only ~4 years. Only reason didn't fail completely is a coax type and tweeter & "cardboard" frame is holding main cone centered.

Many speakers are still made w/ adhesive that fail for heat from sun parking outside. Cone and other parts may be perfect but fail glues where cone attach to metal frame etc and speaker have problems.
Dash top temps reach 160+°F very easy, 200°F is not hard in many places and UV often gets thru screen/grill over them too.
B/C panel, door mount and others places can get hot but not like dash top speakers.

many will claim have no problem but few look until the speakers are toast and problems are very obvious.
I only found the glue problem when broke a grill and replacing that.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

LOL - agreed...

Some 4"x10" speakers here too...
https://www.retromanufactur...?variant=31324999758

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock