To scoop or not to scoop??? by adm927
Started on: 08-25-2017 02:28 PM
Replies: 8 (300 views)
Last post by: liv4God on 08-26-2017 03:11 AM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a 1988 GT that I need to have painted. I am in debate as to weather or not to put side scoops on it. So please give your opinion . Also if you have a car with these scoops please post a pic so I can see how they look. Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something like this is rather subjective. Some scoops look nice, others don't. A lot depends on what's been done to the rest of the car.

Fiero side scoops... Click
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like Patrick said it's largely a matter of opinion. In my opinion scoops that go inward towards the back of the quarter panel look great. I would highly recommend. On the other hand scoops that pop out... I would prefer no scoops at all over those. I recently bought a car with pop out scoops, I don't like them and they will not be staying unless I sell the car.

That is just my opinion of course, and what really matters is what you like best because it's your car
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree I like the ones that go in much better. The guy I bought the car from has the stick out style.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UNQUESTIONABLY, and WITHOUT A DOUBT, go with the scoops. But I'm talking about function here over top of " looks". Sure some styles look cool, but the functional benefits of the scoops are ever " cooler ", to coin a phrase . My 88 Formula has both functional hood and side scoops. The hood cut outs release both radiator heat and high air pressure buildup under the front hood, while the side scoops improve engine cooling VERY MUCH !
I live in Georgia ( now ) and it gets really hot down here. So any cooling improvements I would strongly recommend. Look at the exotics, aren't they all scooped out ?
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would probably go with the scoops if I could find an ice pair of innies. Lol
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you like the "cool" factor. You mention using an " ICE " pair of innies ...... LOL : )
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The scoops that go in make a world of difference. I installed some on my car before Daytona this year. I love em!! They take some work to get installed, but if you are going to have it painted DO IT NOW. You get to skip the color matching and sweating scratching your paint as you test fit them on the car to trim them and get them right.

Here is a shot on mine installed. Not the best pic but it is all I have right now.

Well worth it in my opinion.

I also might add you are going to have to work with your intake. You are taking out the stock intake. You can just pull the goofy box and leave the air cleaner can in the engine bay and let it pull air from the bottom. It is a little warmer but it will work. This car has a K & N sitting on a 4 inch pipe behind that scoop you can see, but it also does not have the stock motor any more.

[This message has been edited by Easy8 (edited 08-25-2017).]

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Easy8:

Here is a shot on mine installed. Not the best pic but it is all I have right now.

Awesome car! Even in "not the best pic" it still looks snazzy

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock