Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  FINALLY!!! I've been looking for this...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
FINALLY!!! I've been looking for this... by KMFDMFAN
Started on: 08-25-2017 09:39 AM
Replies: 14 (677 views)
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 08-29-2017 11:43 PM
KMFDMFAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta give The Fiero Store some credit in finally reproducing this long discontinued item. My OCD kicks in every time I sit in my car and see everything clean and legible then have to look at my worn out old faded mirror switch.

https://www.fierostore.com/.../Detail.aspx?s=64190

I'm going to order one next payday on September 1st.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am shocked there was a large enough consumer base to justify the likely startup costs to reproduce this. Good deal.
RED86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RED86GTSend a Private Message to RED86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's the same as 3rd gen F body. If so. It's a fairly good market.
KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RED86GT:

It's the same as 3rd gen F body. If so. It's a fairly good market.

I know. I've been looking for almost 2 years now and the cheapest NOS I could find was almost $80!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...AOSwWTRWzChC&vxp=mtr

[This message has been edited by KMFDMFAN (edited 08-25-2017).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking for a black one with white lettering. I hope the lettering on this one lasts. On the plate that goes over this, the TFS one arrived with the lettering almost worn off.
KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I've been looking for a black one with white lettering. I hope the lettering on this one lasts. On the plate that goes over this, the TFS one arrived with the lettering almost worn off.

Are you talking about the switch plate? This one...

busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KMFDMFAN:

I gotta give The Fiero Store some credit in finally reproducing this long discontinued item. My OCD kicks in every time I sit in my car and see everything clean and legible then have to look at my worn out old faded mirror switch.

https://www.fierostore.com/.../Detail.aspx?s=64190

I'm going to order one next payday on September 1st.

350 mg of Zoloft along with a good psychotherapist will help to alleviate your OCD symptoms
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been looking for a black one with white lettering.

Camaro mirror switch...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-...AOSwBahU~1oj&vxp=mtr

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:
350 mg of Zoloft along with a good psychotherapist will help to alleviate your OCD symptoms

Doesn't work.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

LOL, I must have it too.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you talking about the switch plate? This one...

Yes.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by fierosound:
Camaro mirror switch...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-...AOSwBahU~1oj&vxp=mtr

But notice the yellow lettering?
KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But notice the yellow lettering?

IMO if one thing even as small as window switch lettering doesn't match it stands out like a turd in a punch bowl.

How much harder is it to find the all black controls and switches for the 84's? My second Fiero was an 84 SE and when I upgraded to a newer radio (with grey buttons) I swapped everything else to grey. This was the early 90's when those parts were easier to find locally.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the different greys on the defrost vs trunk and dimmer switches really bothers me.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2017 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMO if one thing even as small as window switch lettering doesn't match it stands out like a turd in a punch bowl.

How much harder is it to find the all black controls and switches for the 84's? My second Fiero was an 84 SE and when I upgraded to a newer radio (with grey buttons) I swapped everything else to grey. This was the early 90's when those parts were easier to find locally.

The topic of '84 black switches comes up periodically and locating good replacements are a headache. If I could possibly make a rough assumption it's likely because the black-only 84 switches eventually dwindled in supply compared to the later gray and also 3rd gen F-body gray switches. Since the parts are mostly cosmetic I'd surmise eventually the gray replacements simply superseded any of the '84-specific black switches. If you're someone that owns something like an Indy Pace Car replica you want the correct switches.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock