Started on: 08-20-2017 02:11 AM
Replies: 6 (351 views)
Last post by: RACE on 08-25-2017 12:47 AM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been forever since I have been to a Fiero meet so I have decided to go to the Heartland Fieros show on Sept 2nd. I very excited and can't wait to see everyone and their cars again. Also, I have been working to get my interior ready for the competition.

I have a question about not having splash guards inside of my rear wheel wells. Has anyone with the 4 cylinder run without them in the rain for prolonged periods of time? I rarely drive this car in the wet so I am a little apprehensive about what might happen if I drive through a deluge while traveling on I-80 on my way there or back. Should just cough up the $70 to get a fierostore.com set or not even worry about it?

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-20-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the rubber liner splash guards. No regrets. You're promoting rust in a costly area otherwise.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car only gets wet a few times a year and that is nearly always in a car wash. Hopefully rust will never be an issue. Unless I hear differently I wil put it on the To Do List but for now but not on the Urgent List.

I am curious. Did you have to pull your tie rod ends to instal them?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

The car only gets wet a few times a year and that is nearly always in a car wash. Hopefully rust will never be an issue. Unless I hear differently I wil put it on the To Do List but for now but not on the Urgent List.

I am curious. Did you have to pull your tie rod ends to instal them?

Pull the wheel well liners, they slip in around the toe links, brake lines, ebrake cable.....
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:
I bought the rubber liner splash guards. No regrets. You're promoting rust in a costly area otherwise.
That and more "water" and worse gets on the engine belt(s) and pulleys making belt(s) to slip etc.

dry dirt gets in, gets wet and stay wet for hours to days will cause more rust then driving in a few days on wet weather.
Cradle etc have many opening that will collect dry dirt and missing "mud flaps" only allows more crap getting in.

Worse, Dry dirt have salt and other chemicals activated by humidity, not just driving on a bad day.
Salt can/will stay on road months after winter and in many areas never go away. Is why you see salt happy grasses/plant near many roads like snake grass.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been added to the To Do List. I will get them ordered. Thanks guys. : )
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tonight I replaced the passenger side splash guard with a Brand new one. I ran out of time to do the other side, but I will get the other side replaced before it is driven again.

I vacuumed out the entire car today and used Lexol on my Mr. Mikes interior pieces. It looks new inside now.

Also, I finished restoring my center console components and have reinstalled them. ( 3 day project with curing time for the glue). No more potato chip curling at the bottom edges of any console piece. The center glovebox has full range of opening again too, which is really nice!

I will be ready for the Heartland interior competition. If I don't win its because somebody else's car was better, not because I failed to do what it takes to compete properly. I am looking forward to it so much.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock