Is this a decent price? by Wally27
Started on: 08-12-2017 01:46 PM
Replies: 7 (306 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 08-13-2017 09:58 PM
Wally27

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wally27Send a Private Message to Wally27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to be looking at this 87' GT 5 speed tomorrow. guy is asking $3,800 for it but will entertain a lower offer. This is my first Fiero and I don't want to over spend. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is the Link.

https://minneapolis.craigsl...o-gt/6240015575.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It all depends on how much rust it has. Do a SEARCH here to find out where to look.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a very nice car and for me, one of the best colors. I always look at paint condition as I can't paint and it is expensive. It looks to have very nice original paint, if so, that makes it worth more to me. I don't like buying a car with things not working as I always assume the cost to fix it is what made them decide to sell. Air conditioner could be cheap or expensive. If you can't tackle that yourself and everything else looks good, anyway you can have a mechanic do an inspection before buying? The only other thing I would do is pull back the carpet and see if there is rust in the trunk area. If no rust, paint is good, that is in the right range on price. I would try to talk them down for unknown air issue.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's worth that, if you're willing to pay that. As mentioned above, none of the rust problem areas are shown. That would be a determining factor. The non-rusting areas look good in the pics, but check for crazing on the quarter windows, bad weatherstrips/seals on the doors and such, cracks/chips in the paint in the bumpers and roof panel, etc. Check the headlight motors for operation. Check the gauges for proper operation. It's good to take someone who knows Fieros with you to look at it. The steering rack, shocks, ball joints, control arms, wheel bearings, etc will need to be checked.

Another consideration would be who is going to do the work on it.

Oh. Fieros are fun to drive, but they are not fast. Don't buy it expecting it to be something it isn't.
Wally27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wally27Send a Private Message to Wally27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! Hopefully it all checks out A-Ok. If i purchase it I plan on restoring it to original as best I can (I know parts are becoming hard to find) I appreciate all the help
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2017 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:
It all depends on how much rust it has. Do a SEARCH here to find out where to look.
Yup. Fiero "plastic" body panel can hind major rust problems even on cars w/ low miles in rust states. High road salt for winter can still attack the car in spring and summer.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Wally27

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wally27Send a Private Message to Wally27Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welp.. I bought er' today! the frame is impeccable! I was very supprised at the condition of this car. bought it and drove around 200 miles. super fun car! the only problem i have noticed is it grinds into 3rd and 4th gear. i'm thinking it is the shift cables, but I am no expert.. Thank you all for the advice!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2017 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wally27:

Welp.. I bought er' today! the frame is impeccable!

Welcome to Fiero ownership! You will have to post some pictures here as soon as you can. It will be fun to look back on in the future as you do work to the car as well. You can find PIP (Penocks Image Poster) and the instructions to use it to upload pictures to the forum, at the bottom of every page on this site.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-13-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock