Sunshade Bag Question by VanGTP5000
Started on: 07-27-2017 05:26 PM
Replies: 23 (357 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 07-31-2017 10:50 AM
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are the LxW dimensions of the infamous GM made sunshade bag?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine measures 15" x 37.5"

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Spoon!
mr-riff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the GM bags rare?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, just infamous.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still hard to find now these days in good condition.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "infamous" comment was in reference to the fact that there has been much debate on this forum over whether or not GM made OEM bags for both the Sunshade and the Vista Glass removable sunroof itself. Also the fact that finding the combo sunshade and bag together are very rare at this point.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never knew they made the bag for the glas as well!! Learnt something new every day! I actually have another bag maybe I should check the size of it it might be for the glass!!
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let us know how you make out.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My t-top vehicles have new glass bags but they work well and are likely sized similar to any the manufacturer either made or had made for the glass. I do have an original sunroof bag and sun shield in a box somewhere in the basement. Have not seen it in several years but know that it is still here.

Nelson
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

My t-top vehicles have new glass bags but they work well and are likely sized similar to any the manufacturer either made or had made for the glass. I do have an original sunroof bag and sun shield in a box somewhere in the basement. Have not seen it in several years but know that it is still here.

Nelson

Would you happen to know the dimensions of the t-top bags I guess there are two?
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you want to sell the sunroof bag??

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Nelson

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

I never knew they made the bag for the glas as well!! Learnt something new every day! I actually have another bag maybe I should check the size of it it might be for the glass!!

Does that mean you checked the size of your other bag and the sunroof glass doesn't' fit?
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not yet I'm at the cottage! I'm always looking for doubles of all parts anyway
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh ok gotcha!
alcazar88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the shade and bag that came with my car back in 88 and I have to say that either mine was made wrong, or they all had a problem. If you put the shade in the bag, the flap with the Velcro isn't long enough to stretch over the top of the shade and hookup to the other Velcro on the side of the bag. Does anyone else have this problem? I still use it, just can't Velcro it closed.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2017 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

I have the shade and bag that came with my car back in 88 and I have to say that either mine was made wrong, or they all had a problem. If you put the shade in the bag, the flap with the Velcro isn't long enough to stretch over the top of the shade and hookup to the other Velcro on the side of the bag. Does anyone else have this problem? I still use it, just can't Velcro it closed.

I have read about that problem on this forum. Just to be clear you are putting the sunshade in the bag and not the actual vista glass right?
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2017 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My bag is 15.5" x 37.25 inches for the front side and the backside is 6" longer for the flap. Don't know if mine was sewn wrong or the Velcro put in the wrong spot, but with the shade (not glass) inside the bag, my shade sticks out past the short side about .25 to .5" and so the flap doesn't stretch over for the Velcro to reach. It is very close, like .5" off.

I noticed one on eBay right now, but I wouldn't pay that much for one. 145 to 199 depending on which add, unless the same seller has multiple shades.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2017 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was someone - I want to say it was Fiero Thomas - who was making new bags which were a little bit bigger to fix this problem with the factory bags.

His signature in his Mall post has a link for sunroof bags but its a dead link. So maybe it wasn't him. But its worth looking into I think.

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2017 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Russ88TTop makes bags for both the shade and one for the vista glass but I don't know prices or dimensions yet.
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Van
I make it a practice to generally not post on someone else's post, but just to clarify the question. Yes, I do make the storage bags for the Vista Glass and the sunshade, also storage bags the T-Top glass and the T-Top shades along with making the standard sunshade and the T-Top sunshades. I'll have them on the website with pricing soon.
Russ

www.rwupholstery.com
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Russ. I think your site is coming along very nicely by the way!
Orig88GT-NC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have the same issue with mine.. I bought my 88 in 88 and I don't recall the
velcro not lining up...but I do remember it being tight to get the flap to reach... now days its not even close... appears to have shrank. 
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2017 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Orig88GT-NC:

I have the same issue with mine.. I bought my 88 in 88 and I don't recall the
velcro not lining up...but I do remember it being tight to get the flap to reach... now days its not even close... appears to have shrank. 

Same here with the bag and shade I have for the Indy.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-31-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock