Started on: 07-22-2017 04:45 PM
Replies: 11 (439 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 07-24-2017 11:37 AM
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2017 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My neighbor has one sitting on the backside of his field. Black, doesn't look horrible.

He just went to prison for some car theft ring he was a part of that was from Florida to Nebraska. Since he left the cars are still showing up on the property... and going away a month or two later... The Fiero showed up sometime this past month. I doubt he (or whomever got it) got it legally, as he picked up cars with various tow trucks and hauled them to properties all over the place until they could be exported somehow.

Brad

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sneak over and get the VIN #. Maybe LEO would help get it to it's rightful owner.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2017 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Sneak over and get the VIN #. Maybe LEO would help get it to it's rightful owner.

It really is a situation where I can't without getting shot, or I would have.

They mainly had newer cars over there, with the occasional old one. A Fiero is unexpected. The paper said he (and a large group he belonged to.) would print up fake liens on vehicles and "repossess" them, take them to Florida and ship them overseas. Yay..... It's not like that would ever catch up with them....

Brad
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2017 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fitting punishment would be to ship THEM to, say North Korea.......
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

A fitting punishment would be to ship THEM to, say North Korea.......

I think just them put in a shipping container and send them on a slow boat to some third world country would work just fine.

Brad
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2017 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that I don't love Fieros but I don't know why someone would risk going to prison to steal one. Unless they're heavily modified, they really aren't worth that much especially if they're in poor condition.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Not that I don't love Fieros but I don't know why someone would risk going to prison to steal one. Unless they're heavily modified, they really aren't worth that much especially if they're in poor condition.

True, but a car is always worth more in parts. What if he was parting some of them out?
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

True, but a car is always worth more in parts. What if he was parting some of them out?

It could be from the legit side of things, but if he's looking to sell it, and it's legit you would think they would check out the guy with a pile of them one house down the road.

On the flip side, it could also be one of the guys that went to Prison, there were 8 I think that were caught, and since things seem to still be rolling along they may just be keeping one car safe.

I don't know, it's like so redneck version of Days of Our Lives around here anymore.

Brad
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Overseas they have more value due to #s
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely post this to the Fiero FB page...I could have sworn someone on there mentioned there car being stolen in the past few months.

~ Jen
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although US magazines of the 80s tried to make the Fiero out to be one notch below Mr. Flintstones car....Overseas the Fiero has more respect and there are quite a few enthusiasts who would want one.

And, instead of putting the thieves in a container(So Barbaric!) how about a large(Very!) Catapult......Maybe 50 miles out over the ocean......
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you can get some nice zoomed in shots and someone can see something they recognize about the car? On the facebook group most likely.

Seems like the stroy of the cars still appearing and disappearing would be something cops would be interested in, but ya never know.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-24-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock