Started on: 07-22-2017 12:03 PM
Replies: 1 (207 views)
Last post by: Songman on 08-02-2017 10:18 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2017 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though our route (Highway 1) has been devastated by rain and landslides, we're still going to make this the biggest and best Coast Run ever! Last year's event turned out great, although with very little Fiero participation. We hope that changes this year. This started out as a Fiero event, and even though all types of cars are welcome, we still consider it a Fiero event. For 14 years, we've had friends gathering in San Simeon to enjoy scenery, food, cars, and camaraderie. And every year, we have a great raffle of donated prizes, with proceeds going to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. This year is no different. So make your plans, and come out out and experience the California Coast Run!

The Courtesy Inn of San Simeon is still our host hotel. The discounted weekend rate is $109 (included both nights!). But I made a deal with the owner and if 20 people make their reservations by September 5th, the rate drops to $99 for everyone! So get one reservations in early. It also helps us with planning for food and other parts of the event. When you call, tell them you want the 'Fiero rate' for October 6-7, checking out on the 8th. http://www.courtesyinns.com

Anyone who has products or services they would like to donate to the raffle can contact me at songman64 at gmail.com. Fiero related is great, but anything is welcome. We normally have jewelry, candles, toiletries, discounts, and much more. Since the proceeds go to charity, your donations are tax deductible. We will be advertising vendors who donate in several locations.

For Facebook users, please visit our event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/333443383759348

More to come! Hope to see you there!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-22-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2017 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By now, some of you have seen the posts about the upcoming 15th Annual California Coast Run. This is an event that I started... well, 15 years ago... to bring together friends and enjoy the scenery of the beautiful California Coast. Hard to believe that it has still been going on for 15 years! As part of the Coast Run, we started holding a charity raffle, with proceeds to go to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. Each year, I reach out to vendors of products and services, and ask them to donate items for our raffle. In exchange, I include their link and info in all of the literature for the event, and online. Each year, we have raised between $500-$1000.

With this being our 15th year, I really want to step up our fundraising for St Jude. If you don't know what St Jude does, take a look at the picture below to see just a small part of what they do. For this reason, I am setting our goal for this year's event for $2500. Even small donations help. And if you work for a company that offers matching donations to a charity, that would be a huge benefit for St Jude. All donations are tax deductible, and you can print out info for your taxes, when you make your donation online. Click the link below to see the info for the Coast Run, and to see how you can help. Thanks!

http://fundraising.stjude.org/coastrun15

(Donated items are tax deductible. If you have a product, service, or discount you would like to donate to this year's event, please contact me.)

------------------
15th Annual California Coast Run
October 6-8, 2017

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock