Possible lead on a yellow 88 GT by Blitz54
Started on: 07-18-2017 11:24 PM
Replies: 10 (539 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 07-18-2018 02:10 PM
Blitz54

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blitz54Send a Private Message to Blitz54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I recently bought my 86 Fiero. But I'm still checking kijiji a bunch in case something comes up.

I was talking to my dad about maybe getting another parts car, because these things are so damn fun to work on. And he mentioned years back someone had a Fiero around our small town. I believe the story was they just finally parked it because it was getting tired. Then he tells me it was a yellow one. And my heart skipped a beat.

Basically out in farm country you have a car till it dies, then you park it in the back yard. I doubt someone had their fiero painted yellow out there. The only slightly modified vehicles out there are 80s muscle cars and lifted trucks. So I'm fairly certain it would be original yellow.

Not sure if/when I'll find out who owns it, but I'm getting my hopes up. I have such a fever for these cars now.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I check Kijiji all the time too. Wasn't there a yellow 88Gt for sale south of Winnipeg just a few weeks ago? It's not on Kijiji as of this am.

Am I imagining that or is this the car you are looking for?
Blitz54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blitz54Send a Private Message to Blitz54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a different one. It hasn't been on kijiji yet, but I was talking to my dad about the ones that have been and he brought up this yellow one.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2017 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember, there were only 20 Canadian yellow 88GT cars.

It would be nice to know how many are left.

Really not many.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Blitz54

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blitz54Send a Private Message to Blitz54Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

If I remember, there were only 20 Canadian yellow 88GT cars.

It would be nice to know how many are left.

Really not many.

Well there are two for sure in Manitoba. I haven't heard any info on the one I was chasing down, but one is an automatic that the guy is trying to sell on kijiji every few months. And I saw another one at a frame shop on my way home last month. Had a vanity license plate.

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CaptFiero has one that he acquired 8-10 years ago.

That one was from BC here in Canada. Maybe he can correct me or us.

I've never seen a factory yellow 88GT here in Quebec, but seen 1 yellow 88 Formula's.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about original yellow 88GTs. Not re-painted fieros painted yellow.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 07-11-2018).]

kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2018 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a cool Fiero in yellow. Good luck on your search and share some pics.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never seen a factory yellow 88GT here in Quebec, but seen 1 yellow 88 Formula's.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about original yellow 88GTs. Not re-painted fieros painted yellow.

There was at least one factory yellow GT in the Montreal area. It was a hard top 5 speed and was owned by a club member. Not sure if it is still around but I know that member still has many 88's.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2018 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got an email from the Fiero Racing list today...CaptFiero's Yellow 88 GT is for sale.

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 07-17-2018).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

I got an email from the Fiero Racing list today...CaptFiero's Yellow 88 GT is for sale.

https://abbotsford.craigsli...llow/6645758637.html
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes CaptFiero's Yellow 88 GT is for sale. Got the message from him a few days ago that he would be getting rid of it. I knows it needs some TLC, but it is the only other Canadian built factory yellow 88GT that I know of (mine is the other).
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock