Can anyone tell me about these wheels? by gabrannon
Started on: 07-12-2017 03:22 PM
Replies: 7 (659 views)
Last post by: bjm362 on 07-21-2017 09:34 AM
gabrannon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gabrannonClick Here to visit gabrannon's HomePageSend a Private Message to gabrannonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 1984 car for 175$, I found it on Craigslist no engine so after a talk with a friend he said I could have a 3800sc he has for free, anyway long story short this is going to be hopefully used in the 24 Hours of Lemons race. I want to sell some parts that might be worth something to help finance this and if there are any hard to find parts I don't want to destroy them. The car came with these rims and I've never seen them before so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Graham Brannon

http://imgur.com/C3amu3P

[This message has been edited by gabrannon (edited 07-12-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those were the more "base" Fiero steel wheels. I'm not sure if they were 13" or 14".
They also had the 13" aluminum "turbo fin" wheels, and the 14" aluminum "high tech" wheels that everyone is familiar with. I'm not sure about years and availability.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that particular style of steel wheel was only on the '84 Fiero? And I think they're 13" diameter (you can check the size on the tire). In the later years, the steel wheels were all black, with hubcaps... and were all 14" diameter.
gabrannon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2017 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gabrannonClick Here to visit gabrannon's HomePageSend a Private Message to gabrannonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I had an 87 with the black steel rims and plastic hubcaps, I think its correct that these were only on the 84.
anyone know if there is any value to them?
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's not much value in the wheels, you'll get much more from the seats, interior, any good headlight parts and those type of parts.

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is cool, I never heard of it. We even have it here!

https://24lemons.com.au/
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2017 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If 13 inch..do you still have the original spare in the vehicle?
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2017 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first glance to me those look like standard GM steel "Rally Wheels" with chrome beauty ring. Check the dimensions and offset. GM used them as a "sporty" steel wheel on a variety of cars dating back to the 60s, so certain collectors may value them higher than others depending on what those dimensions are...

Edit: I looked again and they look more like standard steel wheels.... I need to drink more coffee before I respond!

------------------
To realize a dream, one must first dream it!

[This message has been edited by bjm362 (edited 07-21-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock