RockAuto SUCKS !!!!!!!! by MadProfessor8138
Started on: 07-07-2017 07:38 PM
Replies: 42 (1399 views)
Last post by: wgpierce on 07-12-2017 07:36 PM
MadProfessor8138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RockAuto has got to be the worst company ,other than Big O, that I have ever done business with !!!
I will NEVER order another thing from this ripoff company !!! Ever !!!

I ordered an a/c compressor for a 88 Formula that I'm building,just got online and paid my money....no problem.
I get home tonight to find that instead of an a/c compressor that I ordered setting here,I now have a nice shiny new radiator for a 2003 Infinity.
You can imagine my surprise when I look at the invoice and it says that I have a new a/c compressor somewhere inside the big radiator box that contains A RADIATOR !!!!!!!!!!!
Called customer service and explained the situation.....was told that they are sorry that I didn't receive my part but I should check that I ordered the correct part.
I explained to the customer service rep that I had the invoice in front of me and it CLEARLY says a/c compressor but I have a radiator setting here.
She checks the part number from the invoice and proclaims that yes I ordered an a/c compressor,at that time I asked her why I had a radiator setting here.
She proceeds to ask me if I ordered the right part......UGH !!!!!!!!
I go through the whole story again and explain they sent the wrong part at which time she asks me what the problem is !!!!!!!
Do they pay these people to run you in circles ?????!!!!!

Bottom line.......she said they would not overnight a part to me to rectify the situation and that I would have to reorder the part and wait for the delivery.
And I also have to go through their bullshit return procedure before I can get my money back....which will take a few weeks.
So now I don't have the money to go source another compressor until I get the refund from ROCKAUTO!!!!!

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY,OTHER THAN BIG O, THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND I ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO STEER CLEAR OF THEM AT ALL COST......THE MONEY AND AGRIVATION YOU SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN !!!!!!

STEER CLEAR OF THIS RIPOFF COMPANY!!!!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for laughing man. My neighbor freaking loves that place! Hes always telling me dont buy my parts from the kragen or vatozone down the street(same street lol). He just got an old lil red triumph and I got it started but it needs a clutch master. He ordered everything from there as usual, and of course everythings there but the clutch master lol. The folks at kragen and vatozone give me the wrong parts or I get something I need to return, its a few blocks for me. He has to wait for shipping. And they know me at the local stores cuz im in there often. But I feel yr pain bro- call back and and get someone else on the phone. Hopefully somebody who knows what the difference between the ac compressor and radiator is. " but there both for cooling right?" lol People sure aint getting any smarter!

shem
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand mistakes happen.....no worries.
But when you intentionally try to run me around in circles and repeatedly ask me what the problem is...then I start to get pissed.
I called twice and got the same crap from 2 different service reps......they ran the numbers and confirmed that I ordered an a/c compressor and apologized that I received a radiator......then BOTH OF THEM proceeded to ask me what the problem was !!!!!!!
When I explained the problem,yet again, they both asked me if I ordered the right part !!!!!!

They have to pay their reps to run you around in circles because I've never met anyone that is that DAMN DUMB in my life.....much less 2 in the same day at the same company......THAT HAS GOT TO BE THEIR COMPANY POLICY !!!!!!!
THAT BULLSHIT IS INTENTIONAL PISS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE in hopes that you get frustrated and just give up !!!!!!!

THAT COMPANY IS A SCAM ARTIST PLAIN AND SIMPLE.......

[This message has been edited by MadProfessor8138 (edited 07-07-2017).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

A poor customer service experience doesn't equate to "A SCAM ARTIST". I've ordered dozens of parts for many different cars and never had a single issue with them. Unfortunately they hire customer service people who are simply reading from a script on their computer screen. Write them a nice long letter to complain...maybe that'll make you feel better.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or just buy local buddy! I hate having to return stuff I bought online. Another trip to mail it back plus shipping and project on hold till i get parts. Im an impatient sumbitch. Script or not id be pretty pissed if I got asked some dumb s$%& like that. But by 2 people thats just crazy. I hate their damn commercials too

shem
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If paid w/ credit card... Call Card bank and tell them your problem.
Many Banks have policies for problems like this.

I have no problem w/ RA so far.
I never buy parts online unless have no choice. Even if the vendor delivers a part... Warranty and Core issues can be big problems. You pay to sent a core back and a wait for weeks or may never get the core charge money back. If you can't return the core fast enough then forget get money.
Example: Site says have 30 days often means from time ship to you and core must be in their hands before 30th day.
Take a week to ship to then another week to ship back then you only have a few days to install new part and ship the core.

You need a tracking # for a core. Many vendors have claim never got a core and you will need tracking data when that happens.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Representative...representative...representative..........................
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I order from them all the time with no problems. I even bought a reman honda trans from them and they dropped it off at my door and picked up the core afterwards and saved me a lot of $$$$.

One time they shipped me a damaged exhaust manifold gasket and I just went online and filled out the form for returns and they sent me a new one and told me to keep the old.

What I really like about Rock Auto is that they carry many brands for the same part and way cheaper than Ebay, Amazon, or the local parts store.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get your frustration. Ive dealt with RockAuto five or six times and found them to be very good. I do prefer my local parts store but RockAuto is usually about half the price. They've literally saved me hundreds of dollars in the past few weeks.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is exactly why I use a credit card to purchase most anything that could potentially get "screwed up".
Regarding Rockauto... I bought a clutch master cylinder a few years back, that showed up without a reservoir. Due to their crappy return policy, I boycotted them for several years.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saving money via internet purchases is fine until you start losing local businesses.
Short-sighted as well, as when those local businesses close, residential property taxes will skyrocket and unemployment increases.

But, hey, you saved a couple of bucks, right?
PFF
System Bot
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

But, hey, you saved a couple of bucks, right?

No, I saved thousands of bucks!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

STEER CLEAR OF THIS RIPOFF COMPANY!!!!!!!

I've had my complaints with RockAuto as well, but I think you're over-reacting just a bit.

Blast from the past. Oh, good times... Something About RockAuto You May Not Already Know!
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had bad experiences as well with RA. Ordered a AC/Delco Pump for my 86 with next day shipping. I opened the box to ready to install the pump and it was clearly defective (Could hear rattling inside the pump). I called trying to see what i needed to do and just got run around about using there return system. Options were to order another and get a refund when mine is returned or return mine and wait for a new one after they receive it. Neither way would they cover the cost of my 1 day shipping.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had something similar happen, not THAT big of an f-up, though. Only order from them if there's no alternative. It happens with them so frequently I think they actually do send out the wrong parts on purpose, to get rid of stuff they can't return to suppliers for a refund, knowing most people won't bother. But a radiator?! Watching that Rock Auto rep get banned from the forum was fun.

I tried calling Sirius/XM to cancel that service yesterday, similar phone experience. After I told them 4 times I wanted to cancel, they just about finished going through their script and hung up on me. Called back and had to go through the same script again with another person who probably didn't care they were being penalized for not retaining the customer.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
During the past two years, I've rec'd seven orders from Rock Auto for Fiero, Saturn, Toyota and Malibu parts. All have been exactly what I expected.
Here in Canada, selection seems limited for many parts and when successfully sourced are frequently in the Economy class of the Rock Auto selections, which I'm reluctant to use.
Rock Auto usually has multiple selections available and all the info is right there online. It would take several calls or visits here to get pricing and delivery if the parts are even available.
For lightweight stuff, I've had success with USPS shipments; sometimes to the local post office, sometimes left at my house.
For heavier and/or larger items the shipping fees easily justify using a 24/7 Parcel facility in Niagara Falls NY that's about 40 minutes away.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Rock Auto... I've had success with USPS shipments; sometimes to the local post office, sometimes left at my house.
For heavier and/or larger items the shipping fees easily justify using a 24/7 Parcel facility in Niagara Falls NY that's about 40 minutes away.

When did RockAuto start offering USPS shipping to Canada?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have some background here with internet and mail order.

When it works it works great when it fails it depends on how each company handles it as to how the experience is.

Some companies policies fail the customer others the inability to hire good people even at a decent wage can be a problem.

Many places can not get people even at good pay that will be able to pass a background check, drug test and even show up daily. Then comes the added issue of knowing auto parts and even how to use a computer. You try yo teach them with mixed results dependent on their interest in mastering the job or just showing up. Many remain employed mostly because the show us.

This is not just an auto parts issue or web but many customer service related industry situations.

Our country and work ethic is not what once was and customer demands have also gotting tougher. While most customers are reasonable there is a growing segment where their expectations are off the charts.

Example a customer ordering a part at 3 AM and calling because it was not here by noon. They refuse to see that there is no shipping at 3AM nor that it is the same date in the calendar. It can get worse than that yet. Also when customers fail a growing number refuse to accept fault when it is clear they made a mistake. They fail to see al, the info we have to understand we know the truth.

Generally there are issues on both sides of the ball.

Now we have Amazon who makes it difficult to speak yo a real person let alone an American that knows Automotive parts.

As for one recommendation be reluctant in disputing a charge unless you are familiar with the process. Sometimes it creates more issue for you than the company.

If you do hit a road block be polite be calm and ask girl a supervisor. Be persistent and remain calculated and rational. Screaming, cussing and unreal expectations will it solve anything.

Also if you did make the mistake be honest you would be suprised how much better an honest customer can be treated vs one that is dishonest.

Also if you have a bad rep the others are not all that way unless the company has bad policies. Like any other profession there is good and bad. At least they are not doctors that could kill you.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

When did RockAuto start offering USPS shipping to Canada?

I dunno; here's an example with a few mail options:

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, chill out

I've never had anything but positive experiences from Rock Auto
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

here's an example with a few mail options:

With an order I received from them a couple of years ago, I discovered that "Consolidated mail" used by RockAuto was actually FedEx.

"Priority mail" is indeed USPS, but at five times(!) the price... forgetaboutit.
PFF
System Bot
cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually I regret reading or posting in this thread because "RockAuot SUCKS" is off-topic.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you might be overreacting a bit. They are not Amazon with an A-Z warranty, but they are not ripping you off.
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a harmonic balancer from them and it proved to be defective. Dorman, the manufacturer, acknowledged it was defective and documented it with an email, but then Rock Auto insisted I pay the shipping to return the defective part. I also got the circular runaround in the beginning.

Their insistence that I pay to return their defective parts ended my relationship with them. When it comes to Rock Auto, Buyer Beware.

------------------
88GT 355 CI Sequential EFI Bigstuff3 , AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

[This message has been edited by V8Steve (edited 07-09-2017).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No complaints here. Oh, I've gotten some crappy parts from them, but they refunded me or sent replacements right away, no questions asked. Of course, I didn't try dealing with people. Who'd wanna do that?
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not upset that I received the wrong part......it happens from time to time....no biggie.
There are 2 issues that upset me.....

1. I can't get my money back so I can source out another compressor locally until I go through their return policy.....that is going to take some time.......a week or two at best.

2. When I explained to both service reps that I had been shipped the wrong part,they were both very sympathetic and apologized numerous times for the issue and then proceeded to insult my intelligence with dumb-ass questions such as:
1. Are you sure it's not a compressor even though it's clearly a radiator.......
2. Did you order the wrong part........
3. Why do you have a radiator instead of the compressor you ordered........
4. Your invoice clearly states that you ordered a compressor so why are you trying to return a radiator.....
5. The part number on your invoice says it's for a compressor but you say you received a radiator.....did you use the right part number
6. What's the problem....
7. That radiator is for a 2003 Infinity so it doesn't fit a Fiero,did you use the right part number....
8. Is there a problem with your new radiator,was it damaged in shipment.....
9. What's the problem....
10. You can't return a radiator in place of the compressor you ordered....
11. Did you use the right part number.....
12. What's the problem.....

I felt like I was in that movie Idiocracy...........
Brando.......
It has electrolytes.....
What has electrolytes?
Brando.....
What's Brando ?
The stuff with electrolytes.....
Sooooo,what ARE electrolytes?!
It's the stuff in Brando.....
Why do we want Brando?!
Because it has electrolytes.....
And electrolytes are what ?!
YES....it's the stuff in Brando....

If anyone has seen that movie they will understand the run around that the reps gave me....
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I admit dealing with customer service reading off a script instead of using a brain is very frustrating. As I said Amazon is the gold standard of mail order, they will refund your money no questions asked. And they will email you a sticker to put on the return item, but sometimes they will subtract that from your return. If they made the mistake then they should pay the shipping, I totally agree.

But just because they have less than stellar customer service I don't think they are ripping you off.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1. I can't get my money back so I can source out another compressor locally until I go through their return policy....

Why? Did you pay cash?
Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I needed a right rear caliper when I did my L67 swap last year. Ordered the correct part (from RA). Box showed up. Go to install it. Wrong side. They sent me the drivers side. Part number on the box was right. Just wrong part inside the box.

Went to fill out that return thing online. One of them emailed me back. I explained to them it's the part number on the box, but the wrong part inside the box. They credited me the cost along with the return shipping and then I ordered the same part essentially and it's fine. I could have called them a scam artist but crap happens and I moved on with my life.

If you can stand to wait a few days, it's so much better than to look up the part YOU want online rather than talking to some moron at the local parts store when you KNOW what you want but they can't look it up without a specific make/model/year of the car. Hell my son works at a Chevy dealership and I gave him a few part numbers to look up and apparently he has to have a VIN of the car to even look stuff up. That doesn't make sense at all to me but whatever.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67, XP, Ported heads, SD headers, 3.2. 12.6@108 1.8 60'.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm - much different experience here:

1) ordered new rear wheel bearings for a 86 - got a front hub for a Chevy truck - messaged them and sent a picture and they sent out the correct one n/c and I didn't have to send the truck one back.

2) order a new HVAC fan for a Dodge Dakota, got the correct one but one of the mounting tabs was broken off. Online chatted and sent them a picture - new one sent out (and got to keep the damaged one as well).

I have ordered many times from them, and those were the only 2 issues and I was taken care of right away. But maybe because I sent them pictures?

Originally posted by Buck531:
If you can stand to wait a few days, it's so much better than to look up the part YOU want online rather than talking to some moron at the local parts store when you KNOW what you want but they can't look it up without a specific make/model/year of the car. Hell my son works at a Chevy dealership and I gave him a few part numbers to look up and apparently he has to have a VIN of the car to even look stuff up. That doesn't make sense at all to me but whatever.

Oh you are so right about the moron at the parts store. I recently went to one to buy some road flares, their in store electronic inventory search "tablet" said to talk to a cleric (I should have just left at that point). Anyways, the dope I got didn't have a clue what I was talking about and kept asking me for the make and model - after explaining it for about the tenth time he decided to ask someone else, who of course didn't have a clue either. 2 others were asked before talking to someone that actually knew what it was I was looking for. 30 minutes to get something that should have taken less than 5....

...and then the guy at the border wonders why I don't buy my auto parts here in Canada (besides paying, at min, close to double)...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 07-10-2017).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I think you might be overreacting a bit. They are not Amazon with an A-Z warranty, but they are not ripping you off.

I have actually found Amazon's prices to be within shouting distance of Rockauto. And their customer service is actually decent.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

...and then the guy at the border wonders why I don't buy my auto parts here in Canada (besides paying, at min, close to double)...

When I crossed into the States last week, the American border agent started giving me a bad time. He wanted to know why I had recently been crossing the border numeous times in the last few months. I said I was restoring a car ('98 JDM Subaru Impreza STi) I had bought a few months previously. He then walked around my Formula banging on various body panels. Yeah, like I'm going to smuggle drugs across an international border in a bright red Fiero.

...their in store electronic inventory search "tablet" said to talk to a cleric (I should have just left at that point)...

...and what, gone to a church?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I'm sorry, but your typo made me laugh out loud. Priceless!
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, because they are even more corrupt.

glad I could make you chuckle.

So far I have never driven across the border for parts (it's 6 hours one way) I usually fly and have the parts shipped to the hotel (Rodney is really good at doing that).

On the topic of customer service, the best company I have dealt with is Logitech. Bought a Harmony One remote 8 years ago and recently it started giving problems (got really hot when charging). If figured I would contact them for the hell of it and see what they say. After a short email discussion of things to try the rep just said that they will replace it for me - even emailed me a UPS return label to attach to the box to return the remote at their cost. Once they got it they shipped me out a new Harmony Ultimate One (since the original is no longer made) overnight. Turns out they have done this with many others that were having problems with their higher end remotes. Now that is great customer service, willing to replace a remote that is long out of warranty but several years at no cost to the customer.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So far I have never driven across the border for parts (it's 6 hours one way)...

If there were no border lineups, I could probably do the round trip from here in an hour and a half... but there are usually lineups, especially this time of year.

You just never know who or what you're going to be dealing with either. Reminds me of this post from a couple of years ago...

Originally posted by Patrick in This thread:

I ordered some decals for my Formula from an eBay vendor and had them mailed to a US address just across the border. When I crossed into the States from Canada the American border agent wanted to know why I was coming across. I told him I was picking up some decals that I had bought online. He gave me a blank look. He then asked me to describe what exactly I was picking up, which I did. Without saying anything further he barks at me... "DEE-CALS!" and lets me proceed.

I don't know if he was just having some fun (these guys don't normally have a sense of humour ), or if he was actually miffed that I was pronouncing the word differently than he does.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-10-2017).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here you go Patrick...this is the Pope's normal clothing...

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd say he was having a go. You and the Aussies and your Deckalls!! I give them a hard time too.

MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paid with a credit card......
I don't know how everyone else is managing to get a credit and a correct part sent out to them because they won't do anything until the radiator is returned to them.
And to top things off.......the return paperwork that I had to print out is for Fed Ex.......I have no Fed Ex shipping centers in my town.....so now I have to drive 30 miles to the nearest shipping center just so I can return the wrong part that was sent to me.

Have I mentioned that their customer service is horrible and that Rock Auto sucks ?????!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by MadProfessor8138 (edited 07-11-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Here you go Patrick...this is the Pope's normal clothing...

Goes with his plate.

88cryan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88cryanSend a Private Message to 88cryanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been using rockauto for nearly 10 years. Rebuilt several engines using their parts. I've only had a couple issues over the years but I just used the return tool online and no problems (never had to call them). The last thing I got that was wrong was an ACDelco ac compressor that had the wrong clutch pulley on it. (86 v5 v belt and I have 88 serpentine). Rockauto sent me another compressor and told me to keep the first!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Paid with a credit card......
I don't know how everyone else is managing to get a credit and a correct part sent out to them because they won't do anything until the radiator is returned to them.
And to top things off.......the return paperwork that I had to print out is for Fed Ex.......I have no Fed Ex shipping centers in my town.....so now I have to drive 30 miles to the nearest shipping center just so I can return the wrong part that was sent to me.

Have I mentioned that their customer service is horrible and that Rock Auto sucks ?????!!!!!!!!

Have Fed-Ex pick it up.
http://www.fedex.com/us/fcl/pckgenvlp/pickup/

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-12-2017).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave