RockAuto SUCKS !!!!!!!! by MadProfessor8138
Started on: 07-07-2017 07:38 PM
Replies: 42 (1399 views)
Last post by: wgpierce on 07-12-2017 07:36 PM
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the point Ogre has made several times . . . it helps to buy local to avoid this hassle.

I actually prefer the best of both worlds. If Autozone, Pepboys, or Advance Auto have the part you want (and the name brand you want), you can usually find the cheapest price at their online site or their Ebay store . . . often with a 20% off coupon code and often free shipping. I have found they usually even beat Rock Auto prices . . . and you don't get raped on shipping like at Rock Auto.

Then, if it ain't right, you can return to the local store for a full refund.
IP: Logged
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

If Autozone, Pepboys, or Advance Auto have the part you want (and the name brand you want), you can usually find the cheapest price at their online site or their Ebay store . . . often with a 20% off coupon code and often free shipping. I have found they usually even beat Rock Auto prices . . . and you don't get raped on shipping like at Rock Auto.

Well.... Maybe. Maybe not.

I needed a motor mount for my Cobalt. Rock Auto had just one brand name listed, "Anchor". It was only $54 so I ordered it. Unfortunately, it didn't fit. Evidently my Cobalt has a different bolt pattern for the mounts used for just a very short time in 2006. So I returned it and decided to buy locally. Turns out, the "Anchor" brand was all I could get locally too. Autozone wanted $99. Advance wanted something like $138. Pep Boys wanted a staggering $240. All for the same part number, which I was not sure would fit anyway or if the one I got from Rock Auto was a fluke.

Eventually I called Crateenginedepot .com (who is a forum sponsor, shameless plug) and they got my an actual AC Delco motor mount for just $79.

wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't buy much local, this is all I've got which is more than I think the Europeans have

https://pontiworld.com.au/u...c80df63ac37868e909aa
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock