Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Before and after pictures - show them off! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Before and after pictures - show them off! by trivet
Started on: 07-07-2017 09:24 AM
Replies: 85 (3366 views)
Last post by: ttt123 on 03-17-2020 12:05 PM
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of us put a LOT of work into our cars - let's show them off! (edited after Photobucket fiasco)

My 87 GT - all stock when I brought her home in 2009

Now - Painted lower trim, new wheels, lip spoiler, deck lid vent, Eibach springs, Aussie Stage 2 side scoops

Tim
Bay City, MI

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 07-16-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see if I can find some photos and play i this game.

1987 Mera

Before

Ugly, faded white - Sunroof with 2.8 L V6

After

1988 Mera

Before

Faded white hard top with 2.8 L V6 engine - will have to hunt up the old photos
After

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 07-07-2017).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good thread

shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice rides fellas, all of em! Love that custom intake on the turbod 6. Whats the interior on that white mera, that looks hella nice! Amidas?

shem
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

Just curious, why take a picture of your car in "after" condition in front of an abandoned house?
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was my house after paying for all the upgrades to the Fiero!

Actually that is an Old Howard Johnsons right by the gas station where I just filled up, after washing and waxing her. Just stopped for a quick photo.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Number 1 car after a few tweaks

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

OK. You win.
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks freakin awesome! luv the color!

shem
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Very nice rides fellas, all of em! Love that custom intake on the turbod 6. Whats the interior on that white mera, that looks hella nice! Amidas?

shem

The turbo 3.4 does have a unique intake but it goes with the vehicle. Most people have no idea as to what sort of engine is in it until I give them the details. This car was originally white but the gunmetal gray with pearl is a much nicer look IMHO. The other car (originally white also) is now a Ferrari red with t-tops, a new 3800 SC Series III engine, and an Amida F355 interior. I have won a couple of Best in Class awards at large shows with this vehicle due to its rarity and the Amida interior (IMO).

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 07-08-2017).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How did you get all the green to grow on the trees!? :P

Nice car man, what a change!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a long 6 year journey, tinkering and working on weekends, and I think it has just about payed off. When I purchased the car, i knew that I wanted a long term project, and something to work on when I felt like it. I kept a detailed build log through out the process is anyone is interested you can read it here.

The front hood area:

The Interior:

The engine compartment:

The (almost) finished car:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-08-2017).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 07-09-2017).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Not a Cinderella story, more like the Ugly Duckling...

Lots of progress... I wish I had the skills to do modifications like that. On another note, I would consider that more like Before & during, than before & after

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:

How did you get all the green to grow on the trees!? :P

Nice car man, what a change!

Thanks. I actually need a third picture. The car has been completely reworked since that "after" including new paint. That was my bosses' house except he doesn't live there anymore. I'll have to do a drive by just to take a picture.

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
It has been a long 6 year journey, tinkering and working on weekends, and I think it has just about payed off. When I purchased the car, i knew that I wanted a long term project, and something to work on when I felt like it. I kept a detailed build log through out the process is anyone is interested you can read it here.

You've done wonders to that car, I'm hoping the engine gets running right soon so you can enjoy the fruit of your labor!

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 07-09-2017).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-09-2017).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see some nice cars and engine bays in this thread, but some just do not grasp the idea of what before and after means.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see before and after to mean the day you got it or somewhere in that time until now.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I see before and after to mean the day you got it or somewhere in that time until now.

I think John was talking to you... where is the before pictures?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think John was talking to you... where is the before pictures?

That first picture was the day I picked it up from Stephen. I can`t get any "before" than that.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

That first picture was the day I picked it up from Stephen. I can`t get any "before" than that.

Oh, now I see it. I didn't see the difference at first. A little labeling would have helped.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technically - it could have been titled "Then and Now"

The whole point it to show off what you've done, finished or not
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Formula before.......

And after a winters long panel off rattle can paint job!

Then with the wing added....

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As it looked when I got it. (After I washed all the Armor All off the faded body panels. )

Most recently...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40686 posts
Member since Oct 1999
The newest project. (Seller's pic.) The Ghost In The Machine - aka The Fiero Valdez.

After suspension rebuild. (and repair of numerous oil leaks.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-11-2017).]

88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are my before, during and after

------------------
Pat Jones

[This message has been edited by 88FieroGT TTops (edited 07-11-2017).]

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before.

After...

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

Before.

After...

Hmmmm...I can't see much difference
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmm...I can't see much difference

If you stare long enough at the 2nd 'After' picture, and let your eyes sort of relax, you can clearly see the outline of a space shuttle.

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!! Awesome reference!! It used to irritate the hell out of my then GF that I could see them and she couldn't. I'm sure she thought I was lying about it.
PFF
System Bot
mafv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before

After

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mafv8:

Before

WOW! That is a Before and After like no other! How long ago was the "before"?

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mafv8 your paint scheme is what sold me on the bright red with black roof skin. Love your car!

Here are some pics i took today after getting the front end lowered. it's running poly bushings with Rodney Dickman 1" lowering ball joints and one coil cut from the stock spring.

Some after I got back from the shake down and lowered the rear to level it somewhat.

I'm happy with the new look. The huge wheel well gaps kill me.
------------------
ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 07-12-2017).]

hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't have a before but here is a slightly different after.

Many hours of blood, sweat and frustration.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hoddy:

Don't have a before but here is a slightly different after.

Many hours of blood, sweat and frustration.

Wow! If only we had some way to know what it looked like "before".

Seriously - super nice job, looks like it came from the factory that way
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL!! Awesome reference!! It used to irritate the hell out of my then GF that I could see them and she couldn't. I'm sure she thought I was lying about it.

Only Fiero driving, former (or current) mullet wearing, 80's children would get the reference

mafv8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnWPB:

WOW! That is a Before and After like no other! How long ago was the "before"?

Getting on for 20 years, I have had it since 2001, was converted in the late 90's, most of the paint is from then, I developed it further and rebuilt all the mechanicals.

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Fierruccio" started life as a Black 1985 Fiero GT

After Some Cosmetic Modification

The Engine Compartment Before Any Performance Upgrades.

11 Years Later I Finally Pulled The Stock 2.8L

After the 3800SC Series III L32 Swap

USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2017 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my opinion, 9 out of 10 Fiero body conversions look terrible. But, Van, yours looks outstanding.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock