Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Will a Notchie Trunk Carpet fit a Fastback with the Blower Fan Removed?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Will a Notchie Trunk Carpet fit a Fastback with the Blower Fan Removed? by JohnWPB
Started on: 07-06-2017 06:53 PM
Replies: 10 (525 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 07-14-2017 07:46 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the 3800 Swap, I am removing the coil/alternator blower fan. I am ordering a special color Trunk Carpet through the Fiero store. Is there a "factory option" carpet that will fit the GT with the blower removed?

I have an LED light under the left "D-Pan / water catcher" on the left / drivers side and it shines into the trunk on that side perfectly. On the right the carpet that covers the blower, prevents a light under the D-Pan.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear trunk carpet is the same whether the Fiero is a notchback or a fastback.

The only difference is blower or non-blower.

Blower cars:
1985 V6
1986 V6
1987 V6

Any other Fiero does NOT have a blower.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, glad to hear it, thanks for the info!
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sure about that? GT trunk appears to be a different shape than a notchie. I guess it could be the same carpet though.

[This message has been edited by andreww (edited 07-08-2017).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about the 88 carpets, but in the notchbacks, 85-87, they definitely used the same carpet. In both the 4 cylinder that didn't have a blower and the V6 which did. The blower has no bearing on how the carpet fits because it's tucked inside the rear fender. Apparently the carpet from the 84, which never had a blower is also the same because the black carpet is a very popular swap into later model cars, including the Fastback.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

The rear trunk carpet is the same whether the Fiero is a notchback or a fastback.

The only difference is blower or non-blower.

Blower cars:
1985 V6
1986 V6
1987 V6

Any other Fiero does NOT have a blower.

This! Exactly.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-08-2017).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The blower has no bearing on how the carpet fits because it's tucked inside the rear fender.

I do not think this is entirely correct..... This is the very reason that I had asked, the carpet is in fact different to go around the blower motor. The blower is "tucked into the fender" but a lot of it sticks out into the trunk space as well, and the carpet is specifically designed to leave room for the blower motor.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-08-2017).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trunk blower and the vents to the engine bay tubes both change the shape of the carpet:

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started taking everything out, the tubes, motor and assembly

All cleaned out, and ready for a "non-Blower" trunk carpet.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-11-2017).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the coupe has square corners at the trunk seal and fastback has round corners....
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2017 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I think the coupe has square corners at the trunk seal and fastback has round corners....

Actually it's the other way around. And neither affects the carpet.

The spaceframe is identical across all Fieros. The fasback, (which came later) adds these two "D" shaped plastic panels which narrow the trunk opening and make it rectangular, but the actual trunk is exactly the same.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock