Intro/Black Roof by Ncndio
Started on: 07-02-2017 08:08 PM
Replies: 16 (675 views)
Last post by: Leukay on 07-05-2017 10:33 PM
Ncndio

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all! New to the forum but long time fan. I couldn't find a newb section sooo Im making a newb post! I have a 85 GT 4spd, little over 102k that Ive taken up as an alternative daily to keep miles down on a lease. As with most of you, it has become an addiction and I cant seem to leave it alone. I do prefer the fastback but notchies have a certain place for me, as I also have a notchback foxbody(gasp). All that aside, I have looked through the forum and found 1.. 1 single post about black top/roof cars and no one seems to paint the whole thing. I took a que from some vert cars and extended the black 2 inches past the final curve of the sail to meet the rear bonnet line. Ive got nothing but compliments from local Fiero owners so I figured, why not share with Pennocks!?? As a first post no less!
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome dude! I'm interesting to see your black roof. Where are the pics of the sexy little car?? I like the fastback as well as the notches when it comes to Fieros. When it comes to a foxbody though, I cannot STAND the notchback. They look great with the hatch, but retarded with the notch. The only way I would ever own a notch, it would have to be a decommissioned patrol unit.

Ncndio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The post should have a picture. Thanks for the welcome!

I kept the inboard part matte/satin with the outboard gloss. Helps it blend with the vents and factory body.

And the fox, prepping for ls swap

[This message has been edited by Ncndio (edited 07-03-2017).]

Ncndio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ncndio

7 posts
Member since Jul 2017
Its ok guys, you can be honest. Im a newb here but been on forums for over 12 years. Plus the Marines give you a thick skin.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ncndio:

Its ok guys, you can be honest. Im a newb here but been on forums for over 12 years. Plus the Marines give you a thick skin.

Welcome to PFF!

I think you've done a great job with that roof. May not be everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't matter. Are you going to repaint the nose?
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. I can't tell if I like it or not looking at the photos. I would have to see it in person
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great on your car--but I got a fastback and I thought it looked odd so I only did my front half (and half of that is T-Top)

------------------
Pat Jones

Ncndio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Welcome to PFF!

I think you've done a great job with that roof. May not be everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't matter. Are you going to repaint the nose?

Actually, I already did. Its in a pearl with silver flake so it looks a little darker. Experiments abound on this car!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fine, and its different. This is whats typically done on Fieros, its my Ferrari kit. Yours looks good on a coupe, but dont know where you would cut it off on a GT.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-03-2017).]

Ncndio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Looks fine, and its different. This is whats typically done on Fieros, its my Ferrari kit. Yours looks good on a coupe, but dont know where you would cut it off on a GT.

Ive always like the kits. Yours looks well done. She is a GT but a notch

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't want to detract from Ncndio's post, but for those wondering about doing the roof deal on a fastback......

That's my son's 86GT. He did that paint about 5 years ago.

I believe BMWGuru did his GT that way also, but haven't looked up any pics.

Had this one readily available, so went ahead and put it up.

Ncndio, your ride looks great! Welcome to the forum!!
HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 07-03-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's an interesting look. I'd have to see it in person.

Thank you for your service.
Ncndio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bit of a clearer idea. It was difficult to find middle that blended but wasnt blatant. Still work to be done. I dont like the razor-like lines the tape left, figure another coat of clear will smooth it out a bit

Yay headliner sag hahaha

That tangello fastback is nice! Those sidevents look like 1 offs, not seen those before.

[This message has been edited by Ncndio (edited 07-03-2017).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I painted the front half of the roof and windscreen pillars black on my fastback.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That dont look as bad as I thought on the fastback roof. You could also do a vinyl top to make it look like a convertible,

I would have cut it off even with the back of the grills. The little block of paint looks a bit odd. Still a different idea that looks pretty good.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-05-2017).]

Ncndio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NcndioSend a Private Message to NcndioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Yeah I'm a little wierd like that. The curve of the sails continues on past the grills so I continued the black to match the curve, and in turn to match the angle from the "window". Lots of measuring. Best part is, if I dont like it, it peels off :O
Thanks for the comments!
Leukay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool roof! I will be painting the roof panel on my (future white) notchie black, but just doing the roof panel itself.

Also nice fox! I also have an 85 vert that I love just as much as the Fieros. Very fun cars

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock