Started on: 06-24-2017 09:30 PM
Replies: 11 (700 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 07-14-2017 07:59 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started on my tailight panel this morning.
The LED lens that I show here was only to adapt the grommet and lens to the panel.
I`m going to order some Glo-lite ones with a halo around the outside edge for the tailight and inside LEDs for the turn/brake.
I used a stock inner tailight housing, compliments of Pat, to cut it up and attach it to the panel to be able to mount it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. Should really be an upgrade to the Fiero tail lights. Saw one exactly like that at Carlisle today. I like the Ferrari look but before I do the LED install, I would hope to use the Al Lindsay Vette C4 tail light panel design, if it is ever made again. GT owners need to start looking for a solution to broken worn tail lights as there are few in the supply chain.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Looks great. Should really be an upgrade to the Fiero tail lights. Saw one exactly like that at Carlisle today. I like the Ferrari look but before I do the LED install, I would hope to use the Al Lindsay Vette C4 tail light panel design, if it is ever made again. GT owners need to start looking for a solution to broken worn tail lights as there are few in the supply chain.

I have always liked the Corvette C4 panel also but even though supposedly it may be made in the future I went ahead and got this one from Sage.
Sage was very clear about this only being the panel with no mounting for it, if you have some stock tailight housings they work well to just use the inner half of it.
The ends fit inside of the fastback clip so I don`t think the outer screws are needed. I just used some L brackets riveted onto the stock housings and it works well.
I just need to get the other side mounted, get the panel painted with Hot Rod Black, install the rest of the LEDs and it will be ready to go.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I contacted Sage about this panel because you posted about yours ha. I was curious how people attached them to their cars, now I know.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I built tail light panel, I wanted to be able to mount it using the stock mounting method also.. I fabricated a U-Bracket out of some 1"x1/8" aluminum strip from the local hardware store and glassed it onto the panel. I used the just the two metal clips from the OEM tail light. Fabricating was pretty simple, I know this method should work with all aftermarket taillight panels, might be easier then finding/sacrificing a set of OEM taillights.

Pic taken during the build process
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Orig88GT-NC:

When I built tail light panel, I wanted to be able to mount it using the stock mounting method also.. I fabricated a U-Bracket out of some 1"x1/8" aluminum strip from the local hardware store and glassed it onto the panel. I used the just the two metal clips from the OEM tail light. Fabricating was pretty simple, I know this method should work with all aftermarket taillight panels, might be easier then finding/sacrificing a set of OEM taillights.

Pic taken during the build process
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Well, I kind of hated to cut up the housings mainly because of not missing any tabs.
Bad tailights you can find, it`s good lenses with no delamination that are hard to locate.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD That panel is going to look good when finished, I like your choice in lamp assemblies, they seem to fit well.
I can't tell from the pics, is there an opening for the trunk lock or is it a solid panel?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the opening is around the key opening.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if doing an LED strip all around the edges like the Dodge Chargers would look?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2017 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn`t really like the rubber grommet so I made a ring out of ABS and it lays much flatter.
At first I made the ring fit on just the edge of the lens but it looked too flat so I made it fit where the red part ends and it gives it more depth.
If anyone uses one of these panels and wants to use the same lenses I am I made patterns to make the ABS rings.

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got my tailight panel painted.
Used John Deere Blitz Black which is a nice "rat rod" finish.

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got them installed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock