Started on: 06-19-2017 01:10 AM
Replies: 8 (694 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 06-19-2017 05:39 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was watching the replay of this auction on NBCSN.

The TV crew were talking about a Red 69 Camaro on the block. They noticed that the aftermarket A/C compressor was mounted on the left side of the engine & were noting that you would normally see it on the right side. They were talking about when you are modifying a car like this you can do things the way you want to & that is what hot rodding was all about.

One of the guys said that the nice thing about the Internet is that you can search out anything that comes to mind. Then out of no where he said, you want to put a V-8 in a Fiero, just search it on the Internet & you can find a guy who can help you.

Now waiting for phone to ring off the hook. LOL

Archie
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm all for Fieros getting attention on the big stage! I hope at some point these poor cars become 'desirable'.
Especially for those folks that has preserved, restored or heavily modified their cars, no matter the model year and trim level..

The Fieros I've seen stripped, neglected or just plain junked with little to no issues is so sad...
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha, stranger things have happened Archie!
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

I'm all for Fieros getting attention on the big stage! I hope at some point these poor cars become 'desirable'.
Especially for those folks that has preserved, restored or heavily modified their cars, no matter the model year and trim level...

I recently finished repainting a formula that I have been using as a daily driver. The thing gets attention! This weekend I was down to O.C. MD for the airshow and had 3 people pull up beside me saying they had one or always liked them. People yell "Fiero!" all the time. I think our little bastard is beginning to get some love from the car world.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

I recently finished repainting a formula that I have been using as a daily driver. The thing gets attention! This weekend I was down to O.C. MD for the airshow and had 3 people pull up beside me saying they had one or always liked them. People yell "Fiero!" all the time. I think our little bastard is beginning to get some love from the car world.

Many years ago I used to occasionally walk a friend's beautiful white Samoyed. Several times I'd have people walk up to me with tears in their eyes saying they used to have one. I don't get quite the same reaction from people when I daily-drive or autocross my Formula ... but yeah, it's not uncommon for people to walk up to me at the gas station or wherever and tell me they used to have one. Fieros in this neck of the woods get plenty of love.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-19-2017).]

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can relate to that Samoyed statement. I used to have one and he was a magnet, unless he was in the back of the pickup wagging his tail. Then people were not sure if he was going to bite , in spite of the tail wagging. Lots of stories about that guy. But when it comes to V8 Fiero's Archie, mine has been the most fun of the different Fiero's I have owned. It draws lots of interest at car show compared to when I drive the 3.8 SC car. Seems most people don't know that the Fiero didn't come with a supercharged motor from the factory!?? And guys in my age group are usually V8 people anyway.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

I can relate to that Samoyed statement. I used to have one and he was a magnet, unless he was in the back of the pickup wagging his tail. Then people were not sure if he was going to bite , in spite of the tail wagging. Lots of stories about that guy.

Not that we wish to side-track this thread but... I didn't understand at the time why people were so choked up when they came over to see "Sammy". However, last November we had to put down our beloved 15 year old Siberian Husky. Now I get it... and damn, it hurts.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-19-2017).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait- What's a Fiero?.......And for the (Lost) Youth of today....."What's a V8?"

And of course most of the questioners would pronounce it Fi-er-O....arrrgggggg!....arg.....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock