Some pics from the 2017 Dells Run :) by 2.5
Started on: 06-05-2017 11:58 AM
Replies: 17 (460 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-07-2017 09:54 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the forecast came out a week before it looked ominous, but we had good weather Thursday and Friday for the cruises and fun outings, and any sprinkles stopped in the morning on show day with plenty of time to towel off the cars before show start leaving a great day for a show! Warm and summery with a light breeze. As usual lots of good times. I recommend attending this show if you are able haven't yet.

A few pics:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 06-06-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

EDIT: I'll try again later, grrrrrrr....

Tryin to post pics? If so please do I'm looking forward to other peoples pics if anyone has some please post
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pic's. Looks like you had a good turnout. Nice collection of different fiero's there.
Have a good day
Gary
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the weather turned out almost perfect..... figures......

Lost the alternator on the T-top less than a mile from home, so did not make it this year and really wanted to be there.
Really put a damper on the day, and needless to say the wife was so ummmmmm..... happy?

Now she won't trust either GT for a while, I tried to explain about them being old, and needing attention like I do, and that only brought the usual "wife look".

Alternator on it's way (and you know I am just "giddy as a school girl" about replacing it .....

Will be at Fierorama come heck or high water, even if I have to walk!
Had the Cannon all set and ready to go to post the most spectacular pictures of Fiero's ever.... sigh.....

I would love to see more pics if anyone has them!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm SO going to have to do this next year.

Originally posted by railshot:
Lost the alternator on the T-top less than a mile from home, so did not make it this year and really wanted to be there.
Alternator on it's way (and you know I am just "giddy as a school girl" about replacing it .....

The 88 alternator can be replaced by turning it *just right* and pulling it out through the wheel well. You'll need to remove the wheel and the splash shield.
It will likely be a test of your vocabulary, however. (This is the voice of experience.)

BTW... I lost my alternator somewhere between Florence and Lexington Kentucky, on the way home from Pontiac. (The 20th)
Made it all the way to Knoxville.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-05-2017).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm SO going to have to do this next year.

The 88 alternator can be replaced by turning it *just right* and pulling it out through the wheel well. You'll need to remove the wheel and the splash shield.
It will likely be a test of your vocabulary, however. (This is the voice of experience.)

BTW... I lost my alternator somewhere between Florence and Lexington Kentucky, on the way home from Pontiac. (The 20th)
Made it all the way to Knoxville.

LOL, yup, and this ain't my first Fiero alternator rodeo.

I actually thought about keeping going, but knew for sure nobody there would even talk to me once I said I needed help replacing the alternator.... and I can't blame them, and I kept getting that "wife look".

If you do decide to make it up next year, I will be there even if I have to drive the "PT Loser"!
I wanted so bad to put actual humans to the forum names, and perhaps share a beverage or two at Nigs!

Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2017 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Auto is a bit harder, but if you have a 5 speed you will be fine. Have someone help you push the bolt on the top through where the alternator swings from and it makes it that much easier. Hard to do when you are under the car holding the thing up...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard the best part of the Dell Run this year, was if You were a graduation class winner. These awards are from what I heard were out of this world. Hopefully someone will post their and you be the judge.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Nice music, a la - Fiero D' Elegance Thanks for posting the awesome vid! Great job.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by railshot:

LOL, yup, and this ain't my first Fiero alternator rodeo.
I actually thought about keeping going, but knew for sure nobody there would even talk to me once I said I needed help replacing the alternator.... and I can't blame them, and I kept getting that "wife look".

Railshot and Raydar we'll see ya next year. Hopefully in Fieros!

I know some folks who would have gladly helped you change your alt there too
Past years there have been tanks dropped, suspension work, etc.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-06-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Nice music, a la - Fiero D' Elegance Thanks for posting the awesome vid! Great job.

Ha! I saw your cameo, about halfway through. I didn't see The Rattler, but perhaps I missed it. Is he OK?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by 2.5:
Railshot and Raydar we'll see ya next year. Hopefully in Fieros!

I know some folks who would have gladly helped you change your alt there too
Past years there have been tanks dropped, suspension work, etc.

Didn't someone have their car up on jack stands, one year?
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I didn't see The Rattler, but perhaps I missed it. Is he OK?

He was there, but out of costume. Must've been too hot for the red racing suit!

Looks like a bunch of people stayed in the parking lot and skipped the cruise; I don't know why.

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am hearing that the two toned Mera seen in these pics at the show was for sale. Any chance someone inquired about the price?
MRBLUE87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Asking price of the only production two tone Mera was $15,000. I saw the paint sticker and it is real
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2017 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info and quick response MrBlue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2017 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I didn't see The Rattler, but perhaps I missed it. Is he OK?

Yep Tom and his wife were there, and the Rattler too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock