Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any Fiero Groups/Events/People on Long Island?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any Fiero Groups/Events/People on Long Island? by PribanicS
Started on: 05-17-2017 11:11 PM
Replies: 9 (263 views)
Last post by: Carl Calderone on 05-26-2017 09:47 PM
PribanicS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2017 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PribanicSSend a Private Message to PribanicSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after spending the last 3yrs at the University of Alabama I finally have time to get back into the forums. I just recently bought a Fiero from TFF in Huntsville and drove it up to New York (Now my 3rd Fiero at the ripe age of 20 ). I plan on doing a lot of stuff to it and figured it be cool to see if anyone else is around or maybe has nearby events that may happen year round?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am certain that there are many Fiero owners on Long Island. Look in the membership lists to locate those close by.
If you are looking for a large Fiero show to attend: Fieros at Carlisle is one of the largest Fiero Shows in the world. It is being held at the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlsile, PA (nr Harrisburg) on Saturday June 24th. I would say that this years event will draw 65-75 Fieros from the US mid Atlantic region and Canada. Fiero shows don't get much better than this. info at www.mafoa.com

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

A club list:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094690.html
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back to the madness!

MAFOA has several members on Long Island (www.mafoa.com) and as Dennis mentioned, we also are hosting a show within a show at Carlisle next month. We'd love to have you.

Bruce Septor is actually in West Quogue (I think) but hasn't been as active in recent years. We also have a few other members/owners in that area. I will look them up and send you info to get in touch. While this year we have had or have events planned in NJ, PA, MD & VA, NY (Watkins' Glen) we're certainly open to helping to get one organized in your area of NY too.

~ Jen

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 05-20-2017).]

Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi
Bruce (East Quogue) is no longer in the Fiero game, he got out a few years ago and I haven't seen him at any of the car meets that Ive been part of. However, my buddy and I are looking to revive the Long Island Fiero Enthusiasts car club. Its been dormant for a few years, but the former organizer/president Dave Fanning has given us he green light to start it up again as long as he doesn't have to manage it. I have been able to get 12 Fiero owners together so far, all of them live here on Long Island..and I have a few other people who don't live on the island but are willing to cross a bridge to do a meet. I have a closed group FB page ... look for Long Island Fiero Club and ask to join. I will add you to the group. Last summer we got a bunch of us together and did the Cruise To The Show out of Eisenhower Park. Had a great time and because there hasn't been a club active for a long time, we made a big impression having so many of us in one spot at the same time. Look for forward to hearing from you

[This message has been edited by Carl Calderone (edited 05-21-2017).]

PribanicS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PribanicSSend a Private Message to PribanicSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. Unfortunately I had a hit-and-run on me while leaving work the other day and in the process of chasing the culprit down I now have an engine knock (Stupid on my part). I'm checking out a 3.4 Engine today and hope to have it swapped over within a month if it seems good. However, I'll definitely look the Facebook group up and join Carl!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:

Hi
Bruce (East Quogue) is no longer in the Fiero game, he got out a few years ago and I haven't seen him at any of the car meets that Ive been part of. However, my buddy and I are looking to revive the Long Island Fiero Enthusiasts car club. Its been dormant for a few years, but the former organizer/president Dave Fanning has given us he green light to start it up again as long as he doesn't have to manage it. I have been able to get 12 Fiero owners together so far, all of them live here on Long Island..and I have a few other people who don't live on the island but are willing to cross a bridge to do a meet. I have a closed group FB page ... look for Long Island Fiero Club and ask to join. I will add you to the group. Last summer we got a bunch of us together and did the Cruise To The Show out of Eisenhower Park. Had a great time and because there hasn't been a club active for a long time, we made a big impression having so many of us in one spot at the same time. Look for forward to hearing from you

Very cool!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PribanicS:

Hey! Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. Unfortunately I had a hit-and-run on me while leaving work the other day and in the process of chasing the culprit down I now have an engine knock (Stupid on my part). I'm checking out a 3.4 Engine today and hope to have it swapped over within a month if it seems good. However, I'll definitely look the Facebook group up and join Carl!

That sucks man! Sorry!!!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:

Hi

Sorry to hear that Bruce Septor is no longer a Fiero owner. At the Carlisle show several years back, he once told me that he owned 10 Fieros. His prize though was the Quad Four notchback that he always drove out. He claimed that the car got great mileage and produced lots of power in highway drives. I wonder what happened to all of Bruce cars? Some must still be on the Island. As for the LI group; sounds like you are on your way. Hope to see some of you at Carlisle, one of the largest Fiero shows in the world!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMAO! Dennis...he had 15 of them!!! His yard and his barn was like a parts treasure trove. He had 5 that were in very good shape including an Indy with a Quad Four swap that I almost bought from him while he was selling off all his stuff. I kick myself for not buying in.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock