My past fiero experiences by shemdogg
Started on: 05-07-2017 08:38 PM
Replies: 2 (162 views)
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 05-07-2017 09:45 PM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is funny. So ive always loved the fieros, my fav being the later ones w the full body kit, wing, and fastback windows but they were still expensive. This is back in 97 mind you. Anywho one day I saw an ad in the autotrader for an 84 w the 4 banger for $200. The guy had 2 for sale, one for 200 and one for 500. I had a buddy drive me there, up in the mountains a bit. Chatted w the guy and took the cheapo for a test drive. Went around for about 10 mins not beating on it. Was almost back at the guys house when I faintly smelled something burning lol. Look back and there a little bit of flame coming thru the decklid. Oh snap! hauled back to the guys house and he put out the fire. No damage but I didnt want it, and I had a 45 min drive back. So he gave me the other one for $200. Drove it around beating on it and it was good so I took it home. This is another 84 4banger 4spd. Car was good, was using for about a month or two. One day driving home from work im on the freeway and I keep noticing cars going by me but slowing down as they pass me. Quite a few people did it, then one guy pulls up next to me and has a crazy look on his face and waving his arms at me and pointing to the car. I had no idea what hes talking about but I looked in the rearview and all i saw was black. I thought thats weird, then peeped at the decklid. The whole decklid is totally on fire! lmao i **** my pants then took the next exit and pulled up in front of the first house I saw. Car had been loosing coolant so I had a cupla empty milk jugs in the hood. Took them and scooby dooed to the house and filled them up as fast as possible. Homeowner came out and said wtf as I was halfway back to the car. i said dude my cars on fire! He said go! lol. put the fire out n let the car cool down. Drove that sumbitch home. valve cover was leaking oil onto the exhaust mani n the oil caught fire catching the decklid on fire. Changed the gasket and drove the car for a few more months till I got another toy.

So now I got the v6 to be safe lol

shem
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always maintained that the universe never wanted a 4 cylinder Fiero.....I get the standard reaction when people see my Fiero; "Wow! I thought they all burned up- you know that car is a death trap!" I try to tell them about the whole V6/1st year thingy, but most think I'm just nuts (I am, but that's a whole other story!)
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL nice. I used to see a black Fiero GT occasionally when I lived in San Jose.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock