Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  operation turd polish (Page 7)

Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
operation turd polish by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 355 (13305 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 06-01-2019 04:07 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem did you used to be a sea farer? I've never heard of a gauge cluster or gauge pod called a binnacle before.
IP: Logged
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No but im a wannabe pirate! Gar! Went to the renaissance faire last weekend, pirate weekend. And I have this by my front door

gar matey im off to the lake

shem
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero F-Farrghty

You do some great work, love watching the progress.

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2018 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gar thanks for the praise, it looks good from far but far from good gar! Had an awesome lake trip last weekend, not much traffic either way n no headwind on the way home! Had a good turnout for my bday trip! last thursday was a biotch! I had to pull both wetbike engines out and do some mods to spare motors, and swap parts to the new motors. I was beat! But both bikes ran flawlessly!

Hit the machine shop yesterday n cut my window tubing. Went back today and manned some machines while my buddy cut em w the plasma. Got home n cut the ends off. Now I reek like cut steel lol. Friggin hands cramping up holding the grinder

Installed my fauxrrari door handles. Kinda big but theyll work once painted. 308s n fiat x 1/9 have the same door handles, guess which ones I bought? lol

Should have a lil time this weekend to make the pass window frames n as always theres a wee bit o fb left to duu
yawn

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy busy. Started the sanding and bending and welding of the c channels saturday morning. Sanded em flat a lil bit, then knocked off the major slag inside the channels w a hammer, then put an end mill in the drill and cleaned the inner edges. What a pain lol. By end o day sunday I had the frames for the side n back window ruffly made. Also pulled the back window to remove the rear clip and put some fb on the wheel well edges. Ran outta welding wire sunday so installed some new pullout towing mirrors on the truck. The next day I saw the same cheapo ebay towing mirrors on another silverado lol

Got more wire today, did a lil more welding and put some glass on the inside of those rear vents that are turning out to be a real pain.

Almost done really lol. Put some glass on the window edges to make a smoove line.

Tried to bend the side window but it was crazy windy and the wind was taking the heat from the panel
getting closer to being done lol

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2018 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1748 posts
Member since Apr 2017
Got windows made n almost bent enuf for driver side

heres a current shot of the udder side where I moved the hood back a bit. I think it looks way better

cut the quarter window for that side n a yuge glob of liquid hot death/plastic went onto my toe. Yowza! I took the side mirror off, u can really see the nice door curve now. Some of these have the side mirror on the quarter window, think ima go that route

bondo n paint coming soon to a passenger side nowhere near u! Then onto windows! Then windows that roll down! lol
wuchall think?

shem
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2018 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the rear vents, would it be easier to create a mold or just the vents, produce the pieces and cut them in?
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2018 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought about that, but im trying new method n its working good. Picked up some chopped fb and mixing that w cab-o-sil, its strong and tacky enuf to fill the vent voids. Filled em this morning! Filled in the door lock hole and the door handle hole since i have the new handle/locks. Did some final bolting of the side paneles and smoothed the gaps. Ditched the side gas door and smoothed it over, getting 2 ss cupholders to go there, ima make em look like gas doors.

Should have this side wrapped up tomorrow, I bent the rear window this morning. Need to fill weld some areas on the frames then a dab o bondo to smooth em n good to go.

Previous owner came by today to see the car and was beyond blown away w the mods. He could see everything had been moved. He just kept walking around the car in shock. He said the car looked proportional lol. Kept buggin me to sell it back lol

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2018 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everythings wrapped up here minus the side and quarter window, had to babysit the latter half of today. Should get more done this week. Have to make door rods n brackets for the new handles n get the rear quarter window to fit into the frame.

shem
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that you might want to think about is recessing the spot were the fender badges are. Yours appear to be stickers but would look much better like this...

PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2018 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Andrew good call I didnt see those badges were recessed. Got a set coming off ebay via new delhi, hope it comes w a new sandwich! They wont show up for weeks so I may need a reminder -nah for sure remind me please lol

Lookin good folks! Im onto my 10th gallon of fb and 3rd can o bondo! Ill be calling guiness soon! Finished up and painted the window frames, got the ps rear quarter window trimmed, bent and installed. Looks killer. Still fred flinstoning my way around these back scoops, finally got one side pretty damn good.

Bent up the ds side window some more, a lil more and itll slide down the window channels no problemo. Heated n bent the ds front quarter window too. The .25" poly is a real pain to heat up and bend, takes forever w a heat gun n stay too long in one spot it bubbles like crazy. Pulled the driver door n removed the key lock, then fb the center seam I cut when I shortened the doors, filled the handle and key holes

Lil fb left to do on the gaps everywhere, get the windows to roll down, then figure out door/window seals arf arf

shem

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 10-16-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2018 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to the lake last weekend, havent touched the car till today. Had a lil time to throw some fb at it. The a pillar fb is straight n I have the window frames curved so I had to fill in to match the curve

Looking at some pics I found I done did the back vents bass ackwards, so i cut it out n restarted

Still working all the gaps, slow going. Especially when you dont work on it lol

Window bendings giving me hell, that polycarb just doenst spread the heat. Fantasizing about making a makeshift oven

Played w the fiero door seals, I think I can make them work. The bottom half fits great!

shem
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2018 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really looking good. There are some kits that just never look right on the Fiero and the F40 is one of them. The changes you have made make it look quite respectable. Keep up the good work!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you andrew! The badges showed up after my last post. I ordered these from india 2 weeks after I ordered the cupholders from china and they went the long way around the world(showed up in NJ), and still got here first. Guess they put em on the boat overnight

Put another layer on the rear vents and some on the door side to bring it flush w the rear panel. Should have this side wrapped up by the weekend

Added some fb to the bottom of the a pillar and grooved out the badge area

Driverside is looking better, should have both wrapped up by the weekend

Mustangs paint got some bubbles so its going in for a respray under warranty but I had to take the stripes off. Car looks naked now I really dont like it. Going to have them painted on now

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to town ta day! Got a lot done
snapped some side pics while moving the trailer

Got the door jambs filled in on both sides, pretty much finished w the ps.
heres the in progress shots

The dreaded rear scoops
I tied the file I use to hog out the vents to the sawzall blade w some bailing wire.
works great

welded 2 old demo blades together for the sawzall to do my door gaps
looks good

cheese in progress
Rickshaw showed up today n brought my cupholders.
Installed em they look good
supposed to be gas doors or somethin
had a pic now its gone

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1748 posts
Member since Apr 2017
Here it is

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2018 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt get any time over the weekend to mess w the car, did a lil tuesday

Jamb on it

Sides almost done, just need a f@#$!%^ window!

almost done w the a pillar, still have to fill the ds a pillar. Ds jambs almost done

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Havent had time to mess w the car, been doing upgrades on the trailer and stripping the mustang for a repaint.
The hood likes to sit on the car one way and that way doesnt line up w the rest so I extended the back and trimmed the wheelwell some more

Extended the ds hood also, extended the rear scoop area to be bigger like the other side I did awhile back

almost done w the a-pillars. gearing up for a big welding day to modify the roll bar a smidge lower and fab b-pillars

shem
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I have watched you transform this ugly duck into a nice looking.... yeah... turkey (had to use the holidat and all) She is and will be a real head turner when she is done.. I have enjoyed the transformation, keep the updates comming.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank u sir! I appreciate the comments!

Sanded everything down, and got a final skim coat o bondo on everything
sanded it all down. I was able to do 5 areas at once it was nice.
Saves hella time

A-pillars, front door edges, top rear hood, and extended lower side all done

mostly
This phone takes weird pictures it makes the car look a bit different than it really is.
Got the a-pillar bow nice to match the window frame curve

Founda place near the shop where the stangs getting painted that does acrylic stuff.
Im crossin my fingers theyll do my windows
Big weldin day next, not really justa cupla things to do
shem

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 11-25-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Details schmetails, carved out the hood emblem area and cut the hole for the latch

Cut out the rollbar, it was .5" too high and the roof was sticking up a bit. Got everything set and itll be back in soon.

Trying to get this thing symmetrical is a pain, added .75" to the ps upper hood, filled in the lower hood faring. Started final sanding the doors.

Shem
ItzZero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ItzZeroSend a Private Message to ItzZeroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great, and what a change from page 1. I expect to see you and this car at the California Coast Run next year.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you it should be done by then lol, then again are they ever finished? lol Hopefully ill have some time sunday to play w the car.

shem
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2018 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fender emblem and lock/latch should line up perpendicularly
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2018 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely right sir, I need to look at the pictures of the real one more. Hood still needs tons of work so no biggie. Cars in pieces now getting the doors ready for paint, filled all the lil tiny divots n scratches. ready for primer. Picked up a can of high build epoxy primer the udder day and ordered some nice devilbiss guns.

Hit the machine shop tuesday and raided the scrap bin. Found some pieces that had a few inches of alum left. Hit em w the bender and sheared off the ends to make vent molds. Inner and outer molds. Tried a lil, coming out pretty good but ran outta mat. I did three of the upper rear vents on the trunk and theyre coming out killer. Onto my 12th gallon of fb! Cmon guiness! Probably 7 gallons worth is stuff I didnt like and cut off to redo, but hey guess whos getting good at fb. Not me lol

need to finish up the hood and this trunk, and make hinges

Started playing w hinges yesterday, need to experiment w different lengths of arms and bolt patterns to get what i want. Saw these on full custom garage, made the pieces at the shop.

Started redoing the back grille to be more like the real deal. Friggin cold so I have to use a wee bit more hardener to make the fb dry, then it started raining on me. Set up a patio umbrella, kept working.

Trunk is looking really good w the upper vents going in.
Giving up on the windows for now. Even if the acrylic shop I found will bend the windows for me, I dont really want em. This polycarbs a fortune and scratches crazy easily. Ill have to get a glass windshield- a fiero one can be cut down. If Im going to spend the money Id rather have real glass than plastic.
Lots of finish sanding in my future, but I can see the car getting painted and wrapped up within the next few months.

And im sad, im fu@king bummed. I hadnt gone on craigslist for awhile((its been maybe 2-3 weeks)im an addict), searched fiero and there it was. diablo replica already stretched w most of the pieces to finish. It looked good. Deep down I wanted it, the angel and the devil told me to buy it, I can never have too much trouble. wife said get it(she always does tho). Its what ive wanted the past 20some years, an almost finished diablo ki. Its what I was looking for when I saw the turd im working on now. tI have no space and no time. Ive got room now cuz the stangs at the paint shop n the trailers at good sam, but theyll be back soon and the yards crazy cramped. I didnt have room for the fiero, the trailer or the stang but made it work. Somebody took it away yesterday n im super bummed I didnt go get it. I was crazy worried the car mighta been welded back together crooked n I dunno how to fix that. I had to tell my self I got bigger things coming that the moneyll b used for and there will be another. But it hurts man, it fu@king hurts.

back to the turd

shem
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2018 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2018 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks joedad but I shoulda bought the scamborghini!

anywhose
Been fillin n sanding w the nice sanding blocks and paper. Goes kinda quick using the good stuff. Doors are ready ready, and the rear lower is pretty much ready. Been spending assloads of time on the trunk. I made another way to mold the vents, worked out good on the top vents but the sides are still giving me trouble. Most of its skimmed up and straight, top vents done and sides need a lil more luv and I need a mini round file. Using so many tools for shaping its nice having everything I need.

This was from last night, it started raining so I set up a tarp to keep sanding. Been cold and cloudy, no Uv no fiberglass drying quickly. Had some pieces go overnight, and it gets dark at 4fu@king30 which suxx lol. Bondo will still go off but the fb wont even w a heat gun.

heres the doors and the rear lower w the newly cut vent thingies no ones ever gonna see

Gonna paint a few pieces soon to get the hang of these new guns
The end is near- almost finished
Finished being painted w interior installed, theyre never finished finished

shem

OH YEAH MERRY CHRISTMAS!

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 12-25-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2018 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goin to town on this like there no tomorrow! My hands are fu@ked up, at least 20 wounds, cuts, divots, stabs, and abrasions. Screw
gun slipped off the screw and went into my thumb yesterday, smacked it w the 4lb sledge today. Se the car on fire 4 times. Welded the hood
hinges, set the hood on fire. welded the rollbar back in, set the roof and trunk lid on fire. Welding the lower part of the rollbar back in and saw a
buncha smoke. Pulled the welding blanket back and the whole area behind the drivers seats on fire. Put it out w my hand. Burned the **** outta
3 fingers. Blisters popped while working. Im in bad shape but the cars lookin good.

Symmetry eludes me. The whole kit was asymmetrical when I got it and after cutting the large pieces into sections- they warp. Been getting everything to within 3/8". The top of the rear window
never sat perfectly so i ripped it off. Bolted a simpson strong tie to it that I put some curve into. Broke the udder side and laid some glass

came out titties! Now lining the new curve to the rear o da roof one sides off. I was going to glass over it and ut some expanding foam down. Its too cold for
the foam to go off so I cut the roof up. Its all lined up nice now and the gap is still pretty good. Glassing around noon tomorrow, thats the only time I have any
sunlight.

The roof will have a nice round equal curve now. Cut the groove for the rear mesh and trimmed the mounting plates to sandwich the mesh between the lights
Looks fu@king schweet!

started cracking on the hood, its mostly straight, the belt sander does a good job. Just a few low spots im finding w the longboard. Welded in the hinges today
and need to move the center scoop over 1/2" and finish the top curve of the hood.

My shoulders n elbows are killin me from all the sanding but its a good feeling to be on the downhill slope
shem
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' goood! Take it easy on the digits.....you're gonna need em' to drive that beast!

HAGO!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2018 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"If you build it, they will come."
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know your painting abilities so I'll just throw this out there. Since I live just on the other side of the hill, let me know if you have any painting questions or concerns.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-29-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fellas! My hands are mangled, look they they went into the chipper/shredder. Its so cold the skin tears
hella easy. Even w my tough skin, u could make a suitcase outta me, fu@kin holdall!
Imsa I havent used a auto paint gun since I was 14, back then the paint cup was on the
bottom lol. I cant see any divots or waves until its painted, im blocking the hell out of it
and feeling for imperfections w my hand. Cant get anybody to help me sand, everyone
disappears when u need help. Gonna try and lure them here w some bbq.
Yesterday I got the trunk lid hinges installed and mounted the trunk lid. Its beefy and opens
but still hits the roof a tiny bit. Got some more shaving to do, it has to do w the round od the
roof. Gotta be perfectly rounded or the trunk will hit the roof. Im trying to keep the gap at 1/4"
Opened up the headlights at the top to give it more of a mean look but it still lokks like its sad. Filled in the scoop edges w
some fb to make em rounded. Got the top edge of the hood to be symmetrical! yay

its starting to look like a car folks

Happy new year!

shemmy

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2018 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think one of the major issues with the front end is with the headlight lenses. A real F40 has smaller lights with pop-ups.

This was the best angle photo that I could use looking past the Sex On The Beach next to the Bondo I made the openings square and smaller. To me it gives the front end a very nice appearance.

VS

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-31-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2019 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the look of that hood, kinda like lambo lights or the original 300zx lights. Th Lm version has different lights - no pop ups

The lenses are bigger in this one but youre right I think I have them too big. Ill make em smaller tomorrow and see how it looks

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2019 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1748 posts
Member since Apr 2017
Imsa gt u da meng meng! Lights came out great, played around w the size this mornin. Came up w this

went for it

came out killer! The hood killed it for me, this makes it better. The roofline and the center hood
area are too wide still but itll hafta do shemdogg tired

Fb'd the rear quater windows n filled em, fb'd n filled the area where the trunk meets the quarter, sanded the hell
outta the roof n filled the low spots, added some fb reiforcement to the center scoop, fb'd the PS front wheelwell
lip, sanded/filled the rear quarters n sills, sanded/filled the middle groovy groove, and lots more. slowly running
outta fb areas to patch. Crazy all the lines line up and everythings symmetrical. Being anal has its privileges

yawn
shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Running outta parts to fb! Did the rear quarter lips

Had to put the pedal to the metal, rains a comin. Did a lil work on the front center scoop and a few more
oddities n said fu@k it time to shoot. 32 degrees this morning, ice on the car, paint shop guy said its too cold.
Directions said 2-3 hours dry time at 70 degrees, it dried in 30 mins!
Made it happen. Blew off the dust and wiped off the car as best I could in a hurry. Fu@kin drain valve on the
compressor went and I didnt have an oring that small so I taped it up n started shooting. Damn thing ran the
whole time. For a lil 6 gal nail gun compressor that thing did alrite! Not bad for my first time, a few small drips.

Damn it looks so good in one color. Pretty pleased w this hi-build primer, It was in 80 grit stage when I shot it.
Filled mostly everything. Lots of bondo n fb holes to fill. Comfortable w painting the car at home now. Need a
better dryer for the compressor, had a drop of water come out the gun regulator a few times. Id say this experiment
was a complete success. Another milestone passed shemdawg happy dawg

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2019 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1748 posts
Member since Apr 2017
Color choices? I like the red, wifeys thinkin silver or black. Im a no on the black for sure. Def not yellow. I saw a blue one that looked ok. Opinions?

shem
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2019 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White would look sick!

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2019 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes white does look good, Im thinking silver tho

Ive never seen that version of the car, theres 3 versions of the car. Seems they have a mix of parts depending on the year.
Ive got the side vents a bit short, lengthening mine next. Gots lots of spot filler on it and smoothed out, almost ready for the
2nd coat o primer

Nothing but rain over here all week, gonna be awhile before I can get back to it

shem
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock