Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  operation turd polish (Page 2)

Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
operation turd polish by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 355 (13306 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 06-01-2019 04:07 PM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2017 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still too much for gas! Got the rough-in done n some paint slapped on. Coming out damn good. Going to try and make the center scoop outta a sheet of aluminum. Im so sick of sanding.

Car looks great at some angles

and pretty lame in others, hood looks yuuge this way

The look im going for

Now its off to some mechanicals, car overheats now idling in the driveway, install a new tach, pull fuel tank n clean sender, oil change, n new ebrake fittings

enjoy

shemmy
IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are doing such an amazing job! I cannot believe how much better you made that nose look! The nose always killed the F40 kits for me, in my opinion, that made the car appear front engined like a C4 Corvette and it ruined the body proportions.

Keep up the great work and please keep this thread updated there are many of us checking in daily to see the next update.

On another note, would you have a thread somewhere or pictures showing the t-top on your Mustang? I have never seen that done before.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man! no mustang build thread or pics tho. i took the car to the machine shop today, made some headlight buckets and the hood scoop out of alum. Ran outta time before bending. Gonna be awhile before I can get back there.

More to come

shem
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2017 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in San Jose last week so maybe I should have stopped by to see the car. However, wedding for brother in law and wife was also with me so very limited time.

Nelson
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2017 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took wifey for lunch and to run some errands in the car. We came out of the grocery store and theres a guy filming on his phone while walking around the car. I said U dig it huh? He gave me a pound then told me how bad ass he thought thee car was. I said thanks, not bad for a chevy. He looked at me like I was crazy n I started laughing. I said check out the motor its a lil 6. He looked at the motor and was still shocked and I could see on his face he thought I was BSing. Then I showed him the gm ignition key and he started laughin sayin how awesome it was. Its crazy how many folks think its real lol

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2017 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alrite back to the grind, took a break after all that fb work on the hood. Pokin around at a few odd n ends. Finally got the new ebrake parts in, the cable gets tight but I can still push the car and im 75% into the adjuster already. Looked at the fuel tank while I was under there. im dreading pulling it. Is it that big center brace and the band clamp thingie all it takes to remove? minus lines n wires?

Started to attack my exhaust leak, im pretty sure its comin from the manifold. Lol I got a fierrari but it sounds like an old bug total veedub. Warmed up the motor n cracked the bolts loose, found a small crack in the mani

Got some new tires 275/45/16

Started screwin w the back window, never wanted to touch it cuz i thought itd break. Damn im good but I need to get crackin on this rear window project muy pronto. this crappy acrylic broke pretty much instantly once the crews came out. look one sides holes are level and one side slanted lol durrrrrrr

cut up the front to make a grove for the air splitter thingie those cars have. Should be easy and free to fab outta alum.

I got most of next week free so i can get to the shop n get some stuff done. Already got my headlight buckets punched out, almost ready to cut the body and mount them. I have the front hood scoop in alum just need to bend it

more to come
backs killin me lol

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2017 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to tap and got me a chunka hunka polycarb for the bck window. $160 yowza! Its in but now I gott figure out whudda do about the vents, hmmmm.....
anybody done any thermoforming?

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alrite alrite had a long day at the machine shop. I helped them w some stuff, they welded all my stuff. Got the exhaust stud welded in, manifold crack welded, and dogbone bracket welded together. Car sounds good now no more leaks. What I though was going to be a big ordeal turned out to be simple and easy.

Also got my headlight buckets ready for fitting

Got the hood aligned and welded properly to the car and started making the air splitter.

more to come soon

shem
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Finally got the new ebrake parts in, the cable gets tight but I can still push the car and im 75% into the adjuster already.

If you've bottomed put the P brake adjuster you probably have seized pistons in the rear calipers. Pretty common on these cars. The pull handle gets tight but no hold. Been there... Done that.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2017 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still lovin this thread!
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^ Me too!

I like the headlight buckets. I just bought some Fiero buckets, motors, module, etc. If I can't get them to function / fit properly, I may follow your lead on the headlight buckets on my Testarossa replica.

The previous owner tried to do buckets like yours... let's just say they didn't quite get the concept correctly implemented. lol

When you have time, would you mind to take a couple of photos of your headlight covers, and provide a little detail about them, as well as your buckets? Are you going to use a sealed beam / projector combo assembly?

[This message has been edited by Drewbdo (edited 06-15-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2017 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My headlights will be stationary, buckets bolted to the frame. The car came w 300zx headlights, so im using the guts from in there. I unbolted the light assys from inside and will bolt them to the buckets. If I make the buckets roll up w the hood, ill need to extend the wires. Ill see how bright that is after its hooked up. If no good ill get something brighter. The headlight covers, rear quarters, and rear window are 1/8" smoke poly from tap. Much better than the acrylic but def more expensive. Im poking at little details right now. Truck just took a dump on me been screwing w that the past 2 days. I hate that motor, ima get it running and shitcan it. If I ever meet an engineer from navistar who says he worked on the 6.0, hes getting disemboweled slowly. Damn truck

Thanks for the replies tho!
shem
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He gave me a pound then told me how bad ass he thought thee car was.

Okay, you've lost me. Is that a slang expression of some sort? If so, what does it mean and where is it from?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, you've lost me. Is that a slang expression of some sort? If so, what does it mean and where is it from?

I'm thinking fist pound, or fist bump, similar to a high five.
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He gave me a pound then told me how bad ass he thought thee car was.
shem

Originally posted by Patrick:

Originally posted by 2.5:

Nay, my good fellows... Thou art mistaken...

Verily, I say, thou missest a clue, whenst Shemdogg sayest how bad ass the other punter "thought thee car was".

Using "thee", it stands to reason, the punter must be British, and gave shemdogg a Pound... a wee bit of British currency.

He probably intended for shemdogg to drink a pint of ale in honour of the bad ass car.

Then again, maybe 2.5 is correct, and I'm just making up

Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drewbdo

130 posts
Member since Mar 2016

My headlights will be stationary, buckets bolted to the frame. The car came w 300zx headlights, so im using the guts from in there. I unbolted the light assys from inside and will bolt them to the buckets. If I make the buckets roll up w the hood, ill need to extend the wires. Ill see how bright that is after its hooked up. If no good ill get something brighter. The headlight covers, rear quarters, and rear window are 1/8" smoke poly from tap. Much better than the acrylic but def more expensive. Im poking at little details right now. Truck just took a dump on me been screwing w that the past 2 days. I hate that motor, ima get it running and shitcan it. If I ever meet an engineer from navistar who says he worked on the 6.0, hes getting disemboweled slowly. Damn truck

Thanks for the replies tho!
shem

Thanks for the feedback. As I prefer the older TR style, with the popups, I hope to get the Fiero popup system functioning.

However, I think your buckets will be a good alternate if I can't. Thanks for the info.

How will the poly covers be installed on your buckets? Will you be gluing them down, or building a framework of aluminum channel to bolt to the buckets? My car didn't have any covers... just the rubber trim surrounding where the poli/plexi covers should be. It is a VERY poorly thought out and implemented "design".

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drewbdo:

Nay, my good fellows... Thou art mistaken...

Verily, I say, thou missest a clue, whenst Shemdogg sayest how bad ass the other punter "thought thee car was".

Using "thee", it stands to reason, the punter must be British, and gave shemdogg a Pound... a wee bit of British currency.

He probably intended for shemdogg to drink a pint of ale in honour of the bad ass car.

Then again, maybe 2.5 is correct, and I'm just making up

Ah the pastabilities.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drewbdo:

Using "thee", it stands to reason, the punter must be British...

Nah... I say he's a Yank and he simply made a typo.
My original question remains unresolved (although 2.5 might be on the right track).

Originally posted by 2.5:

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-16-2017).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMAO! extraordinary detective werk yung wellington, job dunn!

U guys r awesome, yeah i made a typo. Yeah its a fist bump, knuckle pound, its what some folks do here. I do that or elbows when my hands r dirty and cant handshake. Some folks do it to be cool lol.

I tried to get the buckets mounted but its too damn hot outside. And I cant stand still for more than a few mins wout my back starting to bug. Stopped by the shop and got the buckets done n did a lil welding on the air splitter. Simple n free, cant beat it. Couldnt bring it home, wont fit in the car lol. Ill play w the buckets more when it cools off.

Look at this motor! When it works it works good. when it breaks youre screwed, parts are still hella pricey and its an absolute biotch to work on. So many things have to come off the motor before you can get to what u need to work on. I have small hands n theres still no room. I have to kneet on the radiator w one elbow holding me up while I reach **** on the motor. Being crammed like that kills my back, I have bad discs. Now I have to pull the intake to get to the hpop thats about 700$. Jeez compile that w the fact im losing money not working so im pretty pissed. And I have to fix it, dealer wants 2500$ and my regular mech wont touch the 6 oh no motor lol.

Did some filling and 220 sanding on the car and got some rattle can on, lookin good

now I ran over a piece of metal n one o my front tires is going flat. Life o the shemdawg................

shem
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some folks do it to be cool lol.

But not the ol' shemdogg.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah my hands are usually dirty so I do the elbow or say sorry my hands r dirty if I dont wanna show love. Unless I really dont like ya then ill be the nicest guy u ever met n shake the hell outta your hand. Dont mind my greasy hands now lol.

I got the buckets mounted, they need another mounting point.

I welded some angle iron to the buckets to mount them to the rad support w sheet metal screws. Keepin it simple

shem
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2017 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really digging this thread.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony im diggin diving into this car! Im really diggin the awesome group of cats on here too! I kinda thought folks wouldnt let butchered up version of their fav car on here lol. But I really love fieros! Growing up that was one of the only cars that came w a big ass spoiler on the back and the car looked awesome! I had 2 notchback 4 bangers that caught fire, look for - my past fiero experiences thread. I was soiling myself when that happened but I laugh my ass off now.

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2017 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a lil cleaning around the workspace, cant believe how much I cut offa this car. This is most of the fiberglass, some I reused as filler

shem
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did a lil cleaning around the workspace, cant believe how much I cut offa this car. This is most of the fiberglass, some I reused as filler

shem

Save all that scrap fiberglass, and you may have enough to build a small trailer to tow behind the car for overnight excursions!

Im really diggin the awesome group of cats on here too! I kinda thought folks wouldnt let butchered up version of their fav car on here lol. But I really love fieros!

My Testarossa tribute is my first Fiero. So far, it's been a PITA, but figure with so many rabid fans, it must be a great car. I may not have a well-running car, but I have hope!
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drewbdo check you PM's.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing great! I find that polishing the turds depends directly on the integral strength on H2O content of said turd. This has a direct correlation as to the speed of the polisher settings. Too soft a turd and too high a speed and most of it hits the walls!!!
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad2:

Drewbdo check you PM's.

I checked, but don't see anything new in my PM box...

Now ya got me curious... should I be or

turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i didn't want to hijack this thread but this is what I wrote yesterday "I saw your post today in a thread and you mentioned yo have a Testarossa replica. While searching threads for pictures, I saw your engine problem thread. A few years ago I had the same issues and spent $600 dollars and shop time trying to solve it. After months of trying everything, I took off the valve covers and found one pushrod off it's rocker. pushed it under the rocker and it ran like new, of course it had $600 bucks worth of new parts !!! Hope this helps. " Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No worries- would like to see the tr- start a thread w pics. Didnt do anything this week on the car, too damn hot. I went out today and cut up a headlight assy to fit my new buckets. Got errthang mounted tight- now to do the udder side.

self tapping screws to the rescue

soon ill be able to drive at night

Trucks still down, hpops coming monday so im working out of the stang what i can do. One of my longtime customers liked my stang so much he sold his 57 bel air i did a ton of work on and bought one. This thing is mint like wow. allmost all the gt options but not a gt. He flew to colorado to get it, it has hella show trophies. I put in power steering

and my polished turd

shem
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Mustang sure is pretty. I looked at a I think it was a 68 with a 289 I almost bought. This was back in 1992 or 93 so I may be off on the year. Wasn't as pretty as the red one in your pics but it was a red hardtop. I wish now that I would have bought it.
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2017 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah def a beautiful car, never driven one that minty before. I was thinking something was wrong w the trans when it didnt go into 4th, then I remembered its a 3spd n started laughing. Been ages since ive driven a 3 spd.

Took the car for an alignment, turd drove it hard into the rack. lower rights all busted up. They didnt say anything, i saw it later n called. Got an estimate for just under 2500$ today. The hood is knocked over to so its gotta be rewelded. Didnt even get an alignment, they said I needed new wheel bearings and inner tie rods. $800 lol I got the parts for $60something and it took me 1.5hrs. Didnt need the parts, they were fine. They didnt point out the busted ball joint durr

Was at the machine shop today, worked on the air splitter. Its almost done

and dug out that piece o metal I made ages ago for the hood scoop. I just bent it on the small bender myself

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along nicely.
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad2:

i didn't want to hijack this thread but this is what I wrote yesterday "I saw your post today in a thread and you mentioned yo have a Testarossa replica. While searching threads for pictures, I saw your engine problem thread. A few years ago I had the same issues and spent $600 dollars and shop time trying to solve it. After months of trying everything, I took off the valve covers and found one pushrod off it's rocker. pushed it under the rocker and it ran like new, of course it had $600 bucks worth of new parts !!! Hope this helps. " Sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack.

TurboDad2: Thank you for the info! I'll take a look at that... certainly can't hurt ... much. I'm about out of ideas, and almost ready to pay for a flat-bed to tow the car to a shop.

I went out today and cut up a headlight assy to fit my new buckets. Got errthang mounted tight- now to do the udder side.

Those headlights are really looking good! I really appreciate you posting all these photos.

By the way, those Mustangs are awesome! I like the blue one best, but I bet the red convertible would be fun to cruise in!
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drewbdo

130 posts
Member since Mar 2016
I hope the shop is going to pay for your hood repairs, since they're the one who goobered it up!

Was at the machine shop today, worked on the air splitter. Its almost done

Is that a sheet of aluminium which goes under the width of the car? Or will you be making a way for air to flow under, then "through" the car, and out the top vent in the front hood?

My TR is all open under the front, and I wonder how the air flow for cooling is, as the radiator is in the front. It sucks air off the road, thru the radiator, then blows it out into that same area, under the front hood between the nose and the front trunk bulkhead. The car hasn't overheated, but then I haven't really gotten much chance to drive in warmer weather due to the other problems it's having.

Just wondered if your front hood vent will be functional.

Car is coming along nicely!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent even thought about airflow around the hood. Plenty o places to go in or out. The big ol center scoop goes into the trunk area, cant go deeper cuz im sitting on the brake reservoir top. The air splitter is some 1.5" wide strips of aluminum I cut off a sheet of punched parts in the scrap bin. Theres always a inch or two of solid sheet metal i can cut off easily w the big shear. Make friends w a machine shop- go help out, sweep up, anything and eventually u get to use the shop! Manager at wheel works flipped when I gave him the bill. He said he hasnt seen the car, the guy who f%$#@d it up didnt tell him. He didnt know till I called. We shall see- that might be my paint job right there.

shem
gbarron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gbarronClick Here to visit gbarron's HomePageSend a Private Message to gbarronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it's been so long since I've been on the forum. Your thread got pointed out today by someone at Golden Gate Fieros. Nice job Shemdogg. Really. That thing looks sooooo much better than it did when you started. The frame length issue on the better replicas if I recall was addressed by cutting the frame behind the engine bulkhead and extending the rear back. I've seen a couple myself. Done right, they make the proportions considerably better. I made mention of Golden Gate Fieros, they do meetings second Tuesday of the month. The group is in Yahoo Groups I think. A member name of Shane built a really nice replica a few years back. He had one of the better kits if I got the information right.

Should you be needing Fiero parts, I have a ton at my shop. Stopped racing my GT a few years back and while you don't really need body stuff, I do have other parts like engines and suspension should they become needed. My place is in Oakland and if I recall you are in the Southbay? you can reach me at gbarron@hiwheel.com or through the forum I think? I used to work at a Pontiac dealer as a tech so know a couple things about the cars if you have questions. Meanwhile, keep up the progress. I'd like to see this one done.

Greg Barron
88GT's And a shop full of spare cars and parts...
gbarron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2017 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gbarronClick Here to visit gbarron's HomePageSend a Private Message to gbarronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gbarron

13 posts
Member since Jul 2005
Oh, and if you get tired of working that rear clip, here's an eBay find for you! Only 33,500 down in Ventura! Close! Of course it' doesn't have the polycarb window so maybe you can offer a little less?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...AOSwUKxYcyRT&vxp=mtr
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the info! I like the way its coming out too but its a lotta work! After the outside looks good ill have to make a new interior oh no! Ill be at the next meeting, should have the headlights done by then and get my alignment done. Been screwing w my damn truck, finally got it going. Man diesels suck, wish I never bought that thing. I finally go tthe hood scoop mounted, but its a bit off on one side, so ill have to cut it and re-fb it.

This scoops going to save a TON of time on sanding and finishing. I just gotta do the edges. makes the hood waaay more ridgid too.

shemmy
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made some more progress on the hood scoop. I cut the center piece today, have to do some shaping then weld on from the bottom. Been driving the car around a bit, very fun. Totally gutless in 3rd n 4th, brakes are not too strong on these cars. I got a wheel rub issue at full turn and a clunk started today from the front pass suspension.

shem
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock