Started on: 04-29-2017 01:37 AM
Replies: 7 (283 views)
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 05-01-2017 03:12 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you put a notchback top on a gt body as in only swap out the gt clip for a notchback clip. i know you will need to swap the trunk lid and the tail lights and all the other bits but will it line up with the notchback lights and the rounded gt rear bumper?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes you can. People swap from notch back to fast back all the time. The chassis as all the same, the bumpers and moldings line up. You just need a complate rear clip.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i have put a gt clip on an 87-88 coupe. didnt think you could put a notchback clip on a gt.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's just the reverse. Don't forget that you will also need a notchback trunk seal.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will need the rear wiring harness too....if you want the right lights to work, and the GT clip P O N T I A C to light up.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's De-Fastbacking it. No P-O-N-T-I-A-C. But yes, he will need the notchback tail light harness. Also the attachment points for the engine vents. They are different from the fastback
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like any swap, engine, interior, rear clip, get all the parts from the donor car and save yourself the headache. One thing to remember is that most GT 's had cruise control and rear trunk lid release and many coupes did not. So when you swap out the harness you get / or remove those options. Also as others have pointed out, the brake and tail lights are different. # of bulbs and when they come on or off (brakes, turn). Also, of you find someone in your area w/ a coupe who wants to swap, just put the two cars next to each other and strip them down, swap the parts. I've been thinking about removing my GT clip and going Notchy on the daily driver I picked up a few months ago. Good luck.

Rob
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2017 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im looking at picking up a 88 coupe for a song and swapping my gt clip from my car to a notchback. This car has everything already done to it but paint so i still have the option to change it out to another clip. GT parts are so hard to find and i would be sooooo pissed off if i got hit here in cali and cannot get parts needed for it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock