Started on: 04-21-2017 09:14 AM
Replies: 3 (294 views)
Last post by: Rodney on 04-22-2017 05:21 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Originally I was going to send a few of these out free for R&D but decided the best way was for me to install them to look at the design, wire routing etc. I installed one several days ago in an 84 Indy and it worked really well but I changed the design.

Looking for someone with an 84-86 Fiero who has problems with their headlights going up and/or down. I have this new device that replaces all 3 relays including the isolation relay. I installed one in an 84 Indy a few weeks ago and it works excellent. Best if you have new gears in your motors. If your bumpers in your headlight motors are original and old they will be mostly gone. If you still have the original GM plastic gears in your headlight motors I would expect those old OEM GM plastic gears to fail very quickly once this device is installed because your headlight motors will spin like new. I made a design change so this unit mounts where the isolation relay originally mounted. A much better design. So I want to install a second kit in a 84-86 to determine wire lengths, take pictures etc. Contact me: rodney@rodneydickman.com

We can still do it if you have old OEM plastic gears but expect your gears to fail quickly after. We do have to cut the factory wiring harness up some in the front area but once installed you can not really see that has been done. We use the original wires going to the passenger side headlight motor so the installed look is close to OEM.

If anyone close by is willing to stop in here I would put this in your 84-86 N/C. Take pictures etc.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my 86 coup's lights come up nice and smooth, but don't go down. Would this be a good candidate to test with?
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although I would love to R&D them. I have an 85 Fiero, headlights motors have been rebuilt with your rebuilt kit.

But I don't think I'm a good candidate, because they still work and work normally. I'm sure your R&D kits need to be reserved to those who are actually having relay issues.

I'm still going to get them, once you offer them to the public, because I would love the upgrade. I'll pay for them though.

I'm watching this very, very closely.

I'm surprised that this forum is not active as it once was and people would be jumping all over this for a test vehicle for R&D. Maybe response rate on FB will bring it in.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for someone local to me (Milwaukee, WI). I have 2 from Chicago that replied. So I should be OK. I hope to get a kit installed here in the next week or so in one of these Fiero's. My new batch of circuit boards should be here in maybe a week. So I hope to have some kits made up to sell in maybe two week or so.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: