Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Be on the lookout for this stolen Fiero in Modesto, CA.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Be on the lookout for this stolen Fiero in Modesto, CA. by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 04-15-2017 10:51 PM
Replies: 11 (504 views)
Last post by: tshark on 04-18-2017 06:52 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just came across this listing on Craigslist. (It's not my car.) Let's keep on the lookout for this stolen white 88 Fiero in the Modesto area. Picture and Lic # in the ad.

https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/6089101334.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it does have the pre-'88 wheels it appears to have, it should be easy to identify.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very easy to identify. That is the W02 'sport appearance package' sold mostly in California in 1988. It had the factory wing and painted rockers with the duke engine. The wheels are not correct: from an earlier GT.

I think I would first talk to the owner of that pickup in the background of the picture...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/131233.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-16-2017).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some moron stole not just a rare Fiero, but a unique Fiero.

We used to hang horse thieves. Why not car thieves?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Very easy to identify. That is the W02 'sport appearance package' ...

Good eye. I even own one, and still missed it.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Very easy to identify. That is the W02 'sport appearance package' sold mostly in California in 1988. It had the factory wing and painted rockers with the duke engine. The wheels are not correct: from an earlier GT.

I think I would first talk to the owner of that pickup in the background of the picture...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/131233.html

That is interesting. I wasnt aware of that. Hmmm I wonder if the 88 I had, had this option. It had the rockers painted to match and rear spoiler. But the car was purchased new from Texas, from the information that I could find. I will check the old info I have on it.

Thanks for the info.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-16-2017).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

That is interesting. I wasnt aware of that. Hmmm I wonder if the 88 I had, had this option. It had the rockers painted to match and rear spoiler. But the car was purchased new from Texas, from the information that I could find. I will check the old info I have on it.

Thanks for the info.

It was called the 'Western Edition', not the 'California Edition'. They were sold in Texas & Colorado and probably a few other states too. All W02 coupes were either red or white and had painted lower rockers and a spoiler. If you had one with a spoiler and painted rockers then it was very likely a W02 coupe. I can't imagine too many people would take it upon themselves to do that to their coupe. Spoiler? Maybe. Painted rockers? Nope.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 04-16-2017).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, apparently this may be my fault- I drove thru Modesto and a bunch of people liked my car....so one of them went out and stole a Fiero!

I....apologize for this...I will not drive out to Modesto again.....

(Actually, I've heard that the whole Central Valley is a hot bed of car theft)
MadProfessor8138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened to the ' Good Ole Days' where if you actually found your car and the "$%^#@@รท&" that stole it....you got the option of chaining their *ss to said vehicle and dragging them down the road for a mile or two while the cops turned their heads?!
It's nothing more than the modern day version of horse stealing......
Sorry,I'm a little old school....

I won't enlighten everyone as to what happened the summer before last when I came out of the store and found a guy setting on my bike while his buddy took Facebook pics of him....it didn't turn out well for either one of them.
I wouldn't want to offend anyone these days so I will keep the details to myself.....lol

[This message has been edited by MadProfessor8138 (edited 04-17-2017).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original post was deleted. Perhaps the car was recovered.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

hmmmmmmm
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6092463685.html

This is a different Fiero. Questions about no plates, whong number of cylinders for an '84, no Formulas in '84, etc are altogether different.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock